Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1010
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)
November 10, 2008 7:40:29 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan had stored away his DC-17M Interchangeable Combat System in the speeder before heading off to the repulsorlifts.  He was still surprised at the gift that Nova had given him and he was itching to give it a go but now was not the time.

Once they had all stepped off the repulsorlifts, Alan spotted Tia.  The squad walked slowly over to her to find out what the plan was.

"Ok, we have smuggled the sniper rifle to that building over there" said Tia as she pointed to a tall building, "it is hidden in the vent on the roof.  There may be security patrolling that area so you may have to sneak in quietly.  The rest of you should assemble by that gate over there.  Once Devito is dead, I will have my men push the throng to that gate where you will have ample opportunity to quell this rebellion".

"I don't like the idea of shooting potential civilians" commented Lucky.

"Neither do I, but it is a necessary evil" replied Tia.

"I recommend that I be the one using the sniper rifle" said Alan.

Zeshaun was not surprised by this but said "I also am good with the sniper rifle".

"I know Zeshaun and I appreciate that but we will only get one shot at this and I have to put the person with the most experience.  You're on sniper duty Alan" said Lucky.

"Understood" replied Alan.  Looking at Zeshaun he simply said "sorry".

"That's ok, but you may need someone covering your back" said Zeshaun.

"Well put" said Lucky, "Zeshaun, you go with Alan, cover him and in the worst case scenario, you are to take the shot".

"Roger that" replied Zeshaun.

"The rest of us, fan out, take up positions covering that gate" said Lucky.

"Then what?" asked Nick.

"Then, we wait" replied Lucky, "move out".

"You ready?" asked Alan.

"I was born ready" replied Zeshaun with a grin.

Damn cocky kid thought Alan as he gazed up at the tall building and prayed there was a repulsorlift with it.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  153
Total Posts:  896
November 10, 2008 3:33:58 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
"I was born ready" replied Zeshaun with a grin.

"Hold on," Tia said causing Zeshaun to turn. "You will need these badges to get through security on the first floor and to get access to the roof."

Alan grabbed them and gave a nod of thanks.

Alan walked off toward the building and Zeshaun followed him. Zeshaun was glad that he was helping Alan but was sad to be away from most of the action. Zeshaun thought while they walked to the front door of the building. maybe this is best, I'm not sure I could fire into a group of potential civilians.

Zeshaun walked in and immediately spotted a few guards standing by the reception desks. Zeshaun's heart beat started to pick up and Zeshaun put a hand on his blaster. Alan walked up to the pale skinny man sitting at the desk.

"ID please." The man said, almost robotically.

Alan handed him the two ID cards. The man looked down at the cards then back up at them. He scanned them and handed them back.

"Thank you sir." The man said going back to his work.

Alan took the cards back and went over to the lifts. Zeshaun could feel the eyes of the guards burning into the back of his head. Zeshaun didn't feel comfortable until he was in the elveator. Alan pressed the button to go to the roof and leaned back against the far wall.

"I'm glad that I get to work with you." Zeshaun said awkwardly, trying to break the silence.

"Are you sure you don't want to be in the fight down in the plaza?" Alan said looking over at Zeshaun "I really don't need a back up you know."

Zeshaun thought about this again. He was definantly sure now that we would rather be up here. "Yeah I'm sure."

Suddenly the repulsorlift made a stop before the roof. Alan and Zeshaun gave each other a surprised look. A brown haired woman stepped into the repulsorlift and pressed a button, thankfully she wasn't going down. Alan and Zeshaun kept giving each other scared looks.

The woman got off at the 46th floor and Zeshaun let out a sigh. The rest of the ride was uneventful. No one else got on the lift and it was a straight trip to the top. When they got to the top and stepped out of the repulsorlift Zeshaun had to shield himself from a strong wind.

"Now let's find that sniper rifle." Alan said.

There were a couple different vents so they went on a search. Zeshaun was still searching when he saw 4 guards walking around the perimeter.

"I have spotted four guards." Zeshuan said.

When he didn't get an answer he remembered that they weren't wearing helmets and that he had the commlink in his pocket. He reached in and grabbed it.

"I have spotted four guards." Zeshaun repeated.

"I've found the sniper rifle, can you take care of them while I set up?" Alan asked.

"Sure I can." Zeshaun said with a grin. "Time to try out this new 8-guage." Zeshaun said to himself.

Zeshaun checked to make sure he had a full clip then snuck around a vent until he could almost hear the guards talking. Zeshaun quickly stepped out from around the corner and shot once at the group, they were fairly close so the one shot was very effective. The guards were walking so close to the perimeter that the shot caused two of the guards to fall off the edge of the building. Damn Zeshaun thought, that's going to draw a crowd. The other two guards were lieing unmoving on the ground.

"Hey wha'ts going on up there?" a voice came from somewhere within one of the soldiers uniforms.

Zeshaun bolted back toward Alan yelling "We're gonna have company!"

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
Someone needs to go to the end of the tunnel and FIX IT!
    Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  173
November 10, 2008 5:19:42 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick went with the other Paladins and moved near a gate, which seemed like one of the most plain entrances and exits for the civilians to go through. They waited there while Zeshaun and Alan set themselves up on the roof. Nick hoped nothing bad would happen up there. As they waited, they saw the crowds beginning the form. The speech was about to take place very soon. Hopefully, Alan wasn’t having any trouble finding the sniper.

‘’No sign of Devito anywhere.’’ Nick said, informing the others.

‘’He will come. He tends to come exactly on time.’’ Tia said.

Nick wasn’t quite sure when that time would be. Tia probably knew when the speech would exactly start, but Nick didn’t. He like to know when things were happening. That way, he would be too late, or too early. He didn’t mind waiting here, because he wasn’t the only person who was waiting.

Nick watched as soldiers lined themselves out in the perimeter. They were preparing for the Rebel chiefs arrival. There was a lot of them, but Nick was sure the Squad could handle it. But, on the other hand, maybe they couldn’t.

‘’This may be a problem.’’ Nick warned. The last thing he wanted to see was his fellow squad mates get hurt.

‘’Don’t worry about it, Tia says she has backup.’’ Lucky reminded Nick. She was glad to see Nick was thinking on the aftermath of the assassination.

Tia simply laughed.

‘’Yes, backup. As soon as Max Devito is neutralized, they will move in. ‘’

‘’Lets hope they move in quick enough.’’ Nick said, with a slight smile on his face.

More people filled the area. Nick had never seen this much people in one place for a long time. They weren’t aware of what was going to take place. When they did, they would probably never attend a rally like this ever again.

Nick noticed large groups of people moving into a certain part of the plaza. It looked as if Devito was coming.  The Paladins moved with the squad to see what was happening, only to see the bodies of two dead soldiers.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Nick/1SQD/2PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE[LoR]

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1012
November 10, 2008 5:24:24 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan started assembling the rifle.  He wasn’t very happy with the conditions up here as it was very windy and it would make the shot doubly hard.  A lot of pressure was on him as if they failed then security around Devito would triple and they may not get another shot at him again and the mission would be a failure.  Alan had never once had a mission fail before and he was not about to have one fail now.

Zeshaun bolted back toward Alan yelling "We're gonna have company!"

“Damn it Zeshaun, what did you do?” asked Alan as he lowered the rifle and got his blaster pistol out”.

“Hey, it’s not my fault, I fired at the guards, it’s not my fault that they chose to walk too close to the edge and fall off”.

Alan shook his head, cursing silently.  “Zeshaun, next time shoot them so they don’t cause any attention”.

“It’s not my fault” rebuked Zeshaun.

Alan heard the lift doors opening and he wondered how many guards had been despatched to investigate.  His comlink sputtered to life.

“Devito has just arrived, repeat Devito has just arrived, take the shot” called out Lucky,

Alan was too busy peering round the corner to see who or what it was they were facing against.

“I say again, take the shot, take it now!” came Lucky’s voice through the com.

Alan noticed several guards and wondered how many more there were.  He noticed that they had weapons raised and were not about to be taken care of quickly.

“A little busy here right now” replied Alan into the com, “stall him”.

“Stall him” restated Lucky, “how the hell do I stall him?”

“I don’t know, ask him a few questions, do a dance, anything, just stall him” said Alan.

He nodded to Zeshaun and the pair advanced on the guards.  Alan knew they had to take care of them quickly and he also hoped that Lucky and the rest of the squad could keep Devito busy until Alan could take the shot.

Why is nothing every simple thought Alan.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  155
November 10, 2008 5:36:59 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun peered over the edge of the building and saw that the plaza was filling in with a lot of people. it must be almost starting. Zeshaun could also see a large crowd around a certain area, he was sure it was the bodies of the two guards.

"Alan are you all set up?" Zeshaun asked, jogging over to Alan's position.

Alan nodded. "I have a clear shot to anywhere on the stage, if Max Devito walks onto the stage he will die." Alan said with a smile.

"That's good, too bad we won't be able to go sight seeing after this, I liked this planet quite a bit." Zeshaun said half jokingly.

As Zeshaun watched the plaza fill up, he heard the sound of a door slam open. Zeshaun looked over at Alan and saw that he had noticed as well. Zeshaun unholstered his semi-auto pistol and slowly moved forward with Alan right behind him.

"...they should have been walking around here..." Zeshaun could hear little parts of their conversation.

Zeshaun saw maybe 5 or 6 guards looking around, they hadn't seemed to notice the dead guards or Alan and Zeshaun yet.

Alan motioned for Zeshun to go on the other side of the exit and they would jump the guards from both side. Zeshaun slowly crept behind the exit and was about to be in position when his leg caught on a pipe and he tripped, his gun hit the ground and Zeshaun's body made a loud banging noise when it hit the ground.

"Did you hear that?" a voice said.

The shuffle of feet toward Zeshaun meant that they would come upon Zeshaun lieing helpless on the ground in less than a minute.

"What the the" another voice shouted out in surprise.

a few stray bolts flew by and Zeshaun was able to recover. He spun around the corner and saw Alan slowly getting backed up from the fire of the 6 guards. Zeshaun let out a fearsome war cry and let loose a barrage of bolts against the backs of the guards. Two guards immediately went down with holes in there heads and backs. The other four seemed to be doing well but couldn't decide who to turn their backs to Zeshaun or Alan.

The guards put up a fairly good fight for being caught inbetween them but they couldn't keep it up. Soon all 6 guards were dead on the ground.

"Sorry about that, that was totally my fault." Zeshaun said, embarrassed.

"No problems, we're still alive." Alan said cheerfully.

He ran back to the sniper set up on the edge of the building.

"See anything." Zeshaun asked curiously, he couldn't see very clearly and wasn't sure if anyone was on the stage yet.

"Shhhh. let me concentrate, Devito is just about to start his speech." Alan said holding a finger to his lips.

Zeshaun watched as Alan professionally adjusted the rifle and then pulled the trigger. a single bolt flew through the air. Devito was so far away that they couldn't see the bolt hit but they knew it did when the crowd started screaming and the people started to run about.

"Nice shot." Zeshaun said patting Alan on the back.

"Thanks, now the mission is in the hands of the rest of the squad." Alan said whipping sweat from his brow.

"Or we could try to get there and see if we can catch a bit of the action." Zeshaun suggested.

"you always want to jump into the action, fine let's go then." Alan said picking up the rifle.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  73
November 10, 2008 6:04:08 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Bang. Devitos body slammed into the ground of the stage. Alan had successfully fired. Now, it was their turn. Lucky shouted orders to the squad as they moved.

‘’Go Go Go!.’’ Lucky shouted as the squad unholstered their blasters.

Groups of armed soldiers, possibly with Tia began to fire out into the sky. They knocked down some armed rebels along with some people dressed in rebel-like attire. Their was about 10 of them, helping out to eliminate this rebel threat. Nick and the rest of the paladins were trigger ready as the people attempted to get away from them. Hopefully, all of these people were responsible in rebel activity. He wasn’t afraid to shoot an innocent person for the will of the empire. But he always had some sort of regret when he did.

Out of the building came Zeshaun and Alan. They aimed from the rear of the crowd. Nick couldn’t see any problems so far until he looked up at the stage. Some rebel troops had brought some sort of transport onto the stage to help the evacuation.

‘’Incoming transport ship.’’ Nick said as he shot at the crowd.

‘’Terminate them.’’ Lucky said to Nick.

Nick nodded and proceeded to shoot at the rebels near the ship. He hoped that lucky and the others would be able to hold their position without him. Alan and Zeshaun moved towards Luckys location to reinforce the Squad leader.

Nick only shot down people with weapons. They would prove to be a problem. Once they were gone, everyone else would eventually surrender. Nick thought he should speed up the kills, because it looked like the fire was going to be concentrated on him.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  156
November 10, 2008 6:27:29 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
By the time Zeshaun and Alan had gotten to the squad's position the fight was already going on in full. There were bolts going everywhere and people were going down all over the place, but this was to be assumed since the paladin's were shooting into a large crowd.

"Lucky where do you need some backup." Alan asked.

By now Zeshaun had reloaded and was carrying his shotgun.

"Help Nick out with the transport, that could be a huge problem." Lucky said pointing toward Nick.

Zeshaun and Alan ran over to Nick. Nick was still firing at the ship without much avail. Zeshaun looked at the crowed and thought of the innocent people that were in there but he figured that more innocent people would die if the leaders of the rebellion got away on the transport. Zeshaun raised his shotgun and fired a volley into the crowd toward the direction of the ship. a little indent was built into the crowd as  a bunch of bodies fell limp to the ground.

Nick, Alan and Zeshaun slowly moved forward trying to get as close as possible to the platform. "This isn't going to work." Alan yelled over the sound of gun fire.

Suddenly Zeshaun saw Tia pop out from the crowd. "Here take this, my men will try to hold them off as long as possible." Tia departed without any further directions.

In Zeshaun's hands lay three thermal detonators. Zeshaun handed one to Nick and Alan. "Bomb's away." Alan said as he threw his towarsd the ship.

Nick and Zeshaun threw their's as well. The detonatores rolled right under the belley of the transport and blinked for what seemed like hours before a huge explosion engulfed the transport and everyone on the platform.

The explosion caused everyone to turn and look at the fireball laying ontop of the stage. Zeshaun thought that the sight of their leaders violent deaths would cause the rebels to stop fighting but unfortunately it did the opposite. Cries of "Avenge the leaders!" And "Muderer's" rose from the crowd who grew more violent.

we are so done Zeshaun thought as he reloaded his shotgun and prepared to fight his way back to the rest of the squad.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1013
November 10, 2008 6:37:37 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan was happy to see the shot sail clearly into Devito’s body.  He could tell by the way the man collapsed that it was a kill shot.  Zeshaun suggested that they rejoin the squad to help out and Alan thought that it was a great idea and together they headed down in the turbolift, hoping to not miss any of the action.

True enough, they arrived in the thick of battle.  Tia’s men were herding the crowd towards them.  Alan wondered whether any of them were civilians but at least only the people that were armed were being shot so the likelihood was that they were indeed rebels.

Alan and Zeshaun joined in with the fighting, picking their targets carefully.  Alan was happy to note that none of the unarmed people were being shot.  We might just get away without killing any civilians after all thought Alan.  Then his heart sank when he saw what was before them.

Exiting through the gate were five heavily armed men, they chanted "Avenge the leaders!" and "Muderer's”.  They are definitely rebels thought Alan.  What shocked him the most was that in front of them were kids.  Alan wasn’t very good with figuring out how old the kids were but he guessed they must be around eight or ten.

“Stand down” ordered Lucky.

Alan knew he was an expert marksman but not even he trusted himself to take out this band of rebels without the consequences if a shot went astray.

“I can take them” whispered Nick into the com as he carefully aimed his blaster at the rebels.  The rebels in turn started pointing their weapons back at the squad, some at the kids.

“I said stand down!” shouted Lucky.

“We can’t let them go” replied Nick, “I can take them”.

There was only one thing Alan could do even though every fibre in his body told him it was wrong.  He brought his blaster to bear and aimed it directly at Nick’s forehead.

“Stand down now” said Alan.

“Alan, what the hell are you doing?” queried Zeshaun, not knowing what to do.

“I won’t say it again” said Alan.

Nick glanced over at Alan and saw in his eyes that he really meant business.  He lowered his weapon and watched as the rebels laughed and ran off, the kids dashing off in the other direction.

“I could’ve taken them!” shouted Nick, “now we have let rebels escape, our mission here is a failure”.

Tia stormed out through the gate angrily, “what the hell do you think you are doing, you had them in your sights and you let them go!”

“They were using kids as shields” replied Lucky, defending her decision.

“The kids will probably grow up to be rebels” replied Tia, “I know those guys anyway and I can take you to where they hang out if you think you can finish the job”.

“Lead the way” said Lucky.

Nick glared at Alan and he wondered whether the kid would calm down or always hold some resentment towards him.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  75
November 10, 2008 7:50:55 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick was still a bit upset with his earlier dispute. He couldn’t believe he had almost been blasted to bits by his fellow trooper. The rebels escaped their well deserved fate using innocent children as hostages. Nick wasn’t too concerned on that fact. The original goal was to assassinate their leader, and they had done so. However, Nick could not help but feel failure in neutralizing the remaining rebels in the area. It didn’t look like everyone else did the same.

Nick silently hopped onboard a nearby speeder along with Tia and the other paladins. The men who had accompanied Tia began patrolling on foot. They didn’t look like stormtroopers, they were probably just militia loyalists.

‘’Are you sure this is where they are headed?’’ Lucky said. She didn’t want to be lead into a dead end at this point in time.’’

Tia nodded. She had good sources, but it was unknown where she got them from. Nick thought the proper time to ask that question was after the mission had been complete.

The speeder went through the rioting streets. The people in the area who did not attend but were still against the empire starting attacking the militia loyalists. Loyal civilians wnet behind the riot control squad. The speeder drove by quickly, to avoid getting involved.  ‘’We have other things to attend to.’’ Tia said.

Nick checked the ammo on his blaster, then looked up to look at the various buildings which filled the streets. If they didn’t find them soon, only the worse could happen. This may be a long ride. Nick thought as he sat down patiently and quietly.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  157
November 10, 2008 7:55:33 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was confused when Alan started pointing his rifle at Nick but realized what his goal was. Tia was very angry with them for letting them get away. She offered to give them a ride to their base. They sullenly made their way back to their speeder and got in. Tia took the controls. Nick was still not in a good mood.

"The remaining rebels will probably get back together at the new medical facility which they have recently acquired possession of." Tia explained.

"Are there any innocent people in the hospital." Lucky asked.

"Very unlikely, but there may be." Tia said.

Everyone in the squad groaned. It was hard enough shooting at a crowd with civilians, but now the rebels have real hostage material.

"If you guys think you can' t handle it I can call in someone else." Tia said aggitated.

"No we can do it." Lucky said.

The speeder went at top speeds down the street. other vehicles moved out of teh way and blared their horns as they sped down the street the wrong side of the street.

"Look, I can see the transport their!" Drakar yelled pointin to the sky.

a outline of the transport was visible through the gaps in the buildings. It was getting farther and farther away.

"Can't this thing go any faster." Nick yelled from the back.

"No it can't with the amount of people on the ship and I don't think we'd be able to stay safely on the vehicle if we went any faster." Zeshaun said matter of factly.

Nick rolled his eyes and slumped down into his chair.

They finally reached the hospital, the transport was already gone from the skies when they got there. Zeshaun holstered all his guns this time becuase there was no reason to hide anymore. He followed his squad into the hospital hoping it would be easier than the plaza.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  76
November 10, 2008 9:15:02 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The Paladins exited out of the speeder, accompanied by Tia. She was going to be their guide, so they needed her help. Tia made it easier to defend herself when she pulled out her blaster, something Nick did not notice previously. The squad moved into the hospital.

The medical facility had droids working at desks and in some of the rooms. The paladins moved through a hallway, following the rebels who had come in here. They knew they were on the right track because it was the only hallway they could see. Luckily, they were catching up, or the targets were slowing down.

Nick examined the walls of the hospital. Their were notes and various reports for each of the patients. It was not important information, but every small source helped.

‘’Stop here.’’ Tia said.

Nobody knew what Tia meant when she had told them to stop. That was until they saw a droid exiting one of the rooms. The droid was unarmed, clearly not a combat droid of any sort. everyone just figured it was a medical droid. And lowered their weapons when they saw it.  The droid looked at them. They were simply just visitors to them. The paladins still weren’t sure why Tia said to stop.

‘”Because of that medical droid?’’ Zeshaun wondered.

‘’That medical droid has a perfect map of this hospital.’’ Tia pointed at the droid. It went into another room. Locking the door on its way in.

‘’Chase the droid!’’ Lucky said with amusement.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1015
November 11, 2008 7:22:43 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
‘’Chase the droid!’’ Lucky said with amusement.

The squad were soon chasing after the medical droid.  They noticed that it had entered another room and when they arrived they found that the door was locked.

"Break it down" said Lucky.

Alan stepped back, letting one of the kids break it down.  Zeshaun leapt at the door and was surprised when he fell back, the door remaining intact.

"Here, let me do that" said Nick, irritated by Zeshaun's lack of strength.

"Be my guest" replied Zeshaun, rubbing his shoulder and glaring at the door.

Nick hurled himself at the door and fell back, the door still remaining intact.  Nick rubbed his sore shoulder.

"Shall we try together?" asked Zeshaun.

Nova growled, indicating that he would add his mighty wookie strength to the door.  All three of them hurled themselves at the door and the door buckled, and burst inwards.

Inside the droid was standing, just staring back at them.  Alan nodded at Drakar who proceeded to move towards the droid to gain access to the mapping system.  The droid emitted several clicking noises and appendages unfurled from the droid, each with a spinning metal saw.

"Ok, so that's not like any medical droid I've ever seen" commented Drakar.

"If we disable it, you think you can still gain access to the mapping system?" asked Alan.

"As long as you do a clear shot to its head" replied Drakar.

Tia was about to object but did not have a chance to as Alan grabbed his blaster and shot the droid directly in its head.

"Problem solved" said Alan.

"Um, Alan" said Zeshaun.

"Yes?" queried Alan looking over at Zeshaun.

Zeshaun pointed at the droid and Alan's face was not happy as he saw the blaster bolt had no impact on the droid that suddenly started to advance on the squad.

"Ok, so that's not good" commented Alan.

"Fallback" called out Lucky.

"Why do I get the impression that this hospital is filled with traps" commented Nick as he and the rest of the squad started to back slowly away from the droid.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  77
November 11, 2008 3:14:34 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The paladins moved back at the sight of the droid, which was slowly moving towards them with its saw. The droid seemed impossible to disable. Alan constantly shot at it through the head with very minimal damage.

‘’Anyone have an Ion grenade?’’ Zeshaun asked.

Nick understood what Zeshaun was thinking. Ion weaponry had an advantage over droids. The only problem was Nick didn’t have an Ion grenade or any Ion weapon and he was sure the others didn’t as well.

‘’Who knew a medical droid could cause such a problem. Looks like we may have a bigger problem than expected.’’ Nick said.

The droid continued coming closer as the Paladins kept away from it, firing. It was a good thing it didn’t have any long ranged weaponry. Nick looked at the saw which spun out of the droid. It was coming from an opening on its side.

‘’Try aiming where the saw is coming from.’’ Nick suggested.

Zeshaun quickly made a shot towards the saw. Nothing happened to the droid, but the saw seemed to have taken a bit of damage from the blast. Nova took advantage of this situation and charged towards the droid, hacking at it.

‘’Why couldn’t you have done that earlier?’’ Alan wondered.

Nova let out a growl. Nick could understand Shriiwook, but what Nova said was beyond his understanding. The rest of the squad moved towards the droid, examining its head. They had recovered the schematics from the droid. Tia quickly analyzed them. A smile grew on her face. Nick was pretty sure they were in for some good news.

‘’We are not too far from where they should be. Lets move on. Follow me.’’

‘’As always.’’ Lucky said.

Tia and the Paladins continued to move down the hallway. Nick couldn’t wait for the action to start. And by the looks of it, he wasn’t the only one.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  160
November 11, 2008 3:31:50 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun's shoulder was still rather sore as he backed out of the room. By now other patients, droids, and doctors had noticed the commotion. They all came out into the hallway to see what was happening. The Paladin's kept shooting at the droid but it still wasn't having any effect.

"Anyone got any ides?" Lucky asked as they kept backing up.

"Maybe one of the doctors can help  us?" Zeshaun said looking at the nurses and doctors standing in doorways and at the end of the hall.

"Can anyone turn this thing off?" Alan shouted.

A couple doctors came from behind it holding some kind of remote. The droids stopped moving and it's eyes went black.

"Thanks, doc..." When Alan turned to look at the doctor a blaster was pointed at his face.

When Zeshaun looked around he noticed that all the doctors and nurses were holding some kind of blaster. The Paladin's were clearly out matched.

"I suggest you put down your weapons." The doctor infront of Alan said.

"Alright, just calm down." Alan said slowly bending to put his blaster down.

Alan suddenly did a leg sweep on the doctor and the doctor went down, the rest of the squad formed a circle and started firing outwards toward all the armed doctors.

"Let's make our way over to the exit, we need to get out of here." Lucky shouted over all the laser fire.

Luckily they weren't too far away from the front entrance. They slowly shuffled along the hallway shooting doctors more so they couldn't shoot rather than to kill them. When they shuffled out the door Alan stopped and everyone ran into him causing them all to stumble and fall on th ground.

"Alan what's wrong with you?" Zeshaun asked playfully.

"Nothing wrong with him yet kid." a deep rough voice said.

Zeshaun looked up confused, he saw that Alan was standing infront of a large crowed all armed and they didn't look particularly happy.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1016
November 11, 2008 5:50:03 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Oh hell thought Alan as he stared directly into the faces of the angry mob.

“Back into the hospital” he whispered to the squad.

“But the Doctors, and the nurses and those droids” commented Nick.

“What would you rather face, the Doctors or the mob” replied Alan.

“I see your point” replied Zeshaun.

The squad hastily retreated into the hospital, Alan following at the back.  The crowd shouting and jeering as they stormed the hospital.  The hospital doors slammed shut and Nova quickly barricaded the door using his great strength to pick up large objects.

“Look, I don’t care who you are but I want you gone” said one of the Doctor’s, waving a gun at Alan.

Alan pointed at the Doctor and replied “you don’t have a say so shut up”.

“But”, objected the Doctor, obviously never facing anything like this in all of his days as a Doctor.

“But nothing, one more word out of you and I will do things that not even modern day medicine can fix” replied Alan.

The Doctor wanted to say something, anything to reassert his authority but instead he sat down meekly.

Alan whirled round to face Zeshaun and said “oh, and thanks for letting me know when you were going to leg it back to the Hospital, I thought that crowd was going to get me”.

“Sorry” replied Zeshaun who then smiled and added, “keep’s you fit thought”.

Alan merely grunted and he could hear Nova emitting a wookie laugh.

“Laugh it up furball, but we have a serious angry mob out there and a not very happy hospital staff in here” said Alan.

“So what’s the plan?” asked Drakar.

“The plan is to stay alive and get out of here” stated Lucky.

“Not forgetting that there is a band of rebels in here also” said Tia, “after all that’s why we came here in the first place”.

Alan’s head swam with all the details and thought to himself how they hell are we getting out of this one.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  79
November 11, 2008 6:53:39 PM    View the profile of Nick 
‘’Okay so, we need to find the rebels in this hospital. The problem is we are being chased by an angry mob of  people. Lets find the rebels first, and in the same time try to look for a backdoor of some sort.’’ Nick suggested.

‘’Seems like our only choice.’’ Lucky said.

There was only problem, the doctors and medical assistants.

‘’And your going to leave us here for the mob to accuse us ? Who do you think you are?’’ The doctor said.

Alan turned to the doctor, he wasn’t impressed. ‘’Thats none of your concern.’’

The Squad began grouping the doctors together. Once they were together they were all in the paladins view. They wouldn’t be able to make any sort of sudden movements or attempts to retake control. It made Nick think of a concentration camp.

The doctors and nurses, clearly afraid and worried, obeyed Alans request. They locked themselves into the rooms, so they wouldn’t get involved in the squads business. Nick hoped they would stay there, and not cause any type of problem.

‘’Now, we find them. Lead the way, Tia.’’ Lucky ordered.

‘’This is going to be interesting.’’ Said  Zeshaun.

The squad continued to move down into the hallway quickly. They didn’t know how long the barricade would hold off until the mob had broken in and unleashed total chaos. If they were lucky, they might have been able to avoid detection and silence the rebels on this planet. But it didn’t look likely in their situation.

Tia continued to check on the schematics of the hospital she had recovered. They went through different hallways and rooms, trying to find the right people.

‘’Why do these buildings have to be so big?’’ Nick mumbled.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Nick/1SQD/2PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE[LoR][LoR]

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  161
November 11, 2008 7:24:38 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was getting tired of following Tia around looking into room after room. They had just spent another long hour or so looking through a hole floor. Zeshaun looked out a window and saw that the crowd was still there and that the crowd may have gotten larger. we better hurry this search Zeshaun thought closing the shade and following the squad back to the elevator.

"That's funny." Tia said, looking at the buttons in the elevator.

"What?" Alan asked looking confused, not seeing what Tia was seeing.

"The last time I was at this hospital on recon, there was at least another floor." Tia said.

"Only one way to find out." Zeshaun aimed his shotgun up at the ceiling.

"Wait, are you cra." Alan was cut off by the sound of bolts blasting through metal.

The whole squad flinched when parts of the top of the elevator fell over them.

Alan glared at Zeshaun. "If that didn't work we could have all died."

"but it did work didn't it?" Zeshaun said with a grin. "Nick give me a hand."

Zeshaun boosted himself up on top of the elevator and looked up.

"Yup there's definantly at least another floor, I can see the door to the nex tlevel I say we climb up there." Zeshaun said popping his head back into the elevator.

"Alright, but if you ever do that again, I will personally kill you." Alan said shaking his head.

Zeshaun grabbed onto a cord attatched to the elevator and started climbing. It took him a couple minutes to get to the next level, he jumped and luckily he was able to grab onto the edge of the floor. Zeshaun used brute strength to pry open the door, he checked to make sure no one was coming and then helped the other paladin's into the next level.

"Hopefully we have more luck on these levels than we did on the other 4." Tia said jumping into the hallway.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1019
November 12, 2008 7:46:18 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan clambered up into the hidden level and looked around.  The first thing that he noticed was that there were no beds or patients.

"Doesn't look very much like a hospital up here" commented Alan.

"I wonder what they are doing here" said Nick as the squad proceeded to look around. 

Alan had his hand on his blaster should he have need of it as he was very cautious.  He was certain the rebels would be here but did they know that their lair had been invaded and if so, what pleasant surprises would they have to greet them.

Turning a corner they immediately had to duck for cover as multiple blaster bolts flew towards them.  Alan glanced up, expecting to see the rebels.  He was disappointed.  Damn droids, where the hell are they getting these droids from pondered Alan as he saw numerous battle droids, the same as the ones from the abandoned base they had stayed in.

"Great, more droids" commented Nick.

"Just think of it as target practice" replied Zeshaun.

"Guys, can we shoot some droids now" stated Alan.

"Sure" replied Zeshaun and Nick, both with a grin.

The squad soon initiated their attack.  Alan targeted the nearest droids and accurate shots to the head of the droids brought them down to a swift clanking end. 

Lucky surveyed the devastation the squad had done to the droids and bent down.  She examined one of the droids closely.

"What are you doing?" asked Alan.

"Looking to see if I can find any kind of evidence as to where these came from" replied Lucky, "if the rebels are getting a steady supply of these droids then we have to put a stop to it".

"Is it just me or did this mission get overly complicated" stated Zeshaun.

Nova simply roared in agreement.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  83
November 12, 2008 4:05:49 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The squad continued to advance down the hallways. They wanted to know where the rebels were getting these droids from. If they were able to capture one of these rebels, they might have been able to find the answers. Nick stealthily moved along the hallway.

‘’What are you doing?’’ Asked Zeshaun.

‘’If the rebels are up here, they are clearly trying to hide and keep away from us. If they detect noise coming from us, they will surely mobilize.’’  Nick explained.

‘’I see. No need for the big words.’’ Zeshaun laughing claimed.

It was true, Nick used a lot of long and proper words when he spoke. He did it so he would look like a pro to civilians and enemies. It wouldn’t necessarily strike fear into their minds. 

Tia understood what Nick meant. She had been taking silent steps for a while, trying to avoid being detected.

‘’It is unusually silent up here.’’ Lucky commented.

The paladins then heard people arguing as they advanced. They weren’t too far ahead from them. If they wanted to remain hiding, they shouldn’t have been yelling at eachother.

‘’Well not as silent as before.’’ Lucky stated.

‘’We are getting close, prepare yourselves.’’ Tia warned.

Nick did not even bother to say anything. Talking was noisy, in a way.

They walked through the hallway and saw pictures of Devito on the walls. They were correct, he didn’t seem to have any facial expression.  Then Nick remembered that this was a hospital. Max Devito had probably had some form of surgery in here.

Could that be why the rebels had taken refuge in here ?

Nick didn’t have any time to think on that. Infront of the squad, he saw two of the hugest Wookiees he had ever seen. They were ready for battle, and they didn’t look to pleasant.

‘’I’ve got a bad feeling about this.’’ Alan said.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  167
November 12, 2008 5:09:15 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun saw the the large wookies. well, they're certainly larger than I've ever seen on a hunt before. Zeshaun thought as he reloaded all his weapons. The wookies were also armed pretty heavily and they looked like they were itching for a fight. Zeshaun could feel his natural instincts kicking in and he had to use all his strength to keep from jumping out from behind the corner and engaging them in combat.

"We need to take down those wookiees, we can only take them down if we work together," Lucky looked specifically at Zeshaun.

Zeshaun just rolled his eyes, he was known to go on crazy rampages when he was fighting against wookiees because of his natural hunting instincts.

"We'll have 3 people on rifles and 4 people on normal blaster to fend off the normal rebels that will come out to see what's happening." Lucky said.

"I'll be a rifleman." Nick offered.

Alan raised his hand as well.

"I'll use my shotgun." Zeshaun said holding up his shotgun.

"Okay than the rest of us will protect these three so that they can concentrate on shooting the wookiees." Lucky looked around. "Does everyone get it?"

Everyone nodded, they gripped their guns and prepared themselves. "Ready... GO!" Lucky yelled.

The squad jumped out from around the corner. Zeshaun pulled the trigger to his shotgun, and watched as the armor of the wookies took most of the damage. The wookiees let out a war cry and aimed at the squad. Just as Lucky had predicted rebels came out of the room with blasters in hand. Zeshaun, Alan, and Nick concentrated on hitting the wookies. Zeshaun pulled the trigger again but this time aiming as much as possible with his shotgun.

"Don't let them advance!" Zeshaun heard Lucky yelled.

Zeshaun pulled the trigger a third time and the majority of the shots hit a wookiee in the face. Zeshaun let out a sigh thinking that he had taken out at least one of the wookiees but to his surprise the wookiee got back up and started firing at him. Zeshaun had to dive to the ground to avoid getting shot. these are the strongest wookiee I've ever seen. he thought as he rolled to his knees. Zeshaun put away his shotgun and pulled out his more accurate rifle. there eyes and nose are their weak spots remembered Zeshaun. He carefully aimed at one of the wookiees eyes and pulled the trigger. The wookiee fell back in pain and when the wookiee removed it's hand from it's face a scorched spot replaced the spot of his left eye.

"Nice shot" Alan said diving out of the way of some bolts.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  84
November 12, 2008 5:39:11 PM    View the profile of Nick 
‘’Thats one down!.’’ Nick said as he tried to fire a clear shot at the wookiees head.

The wookiee looked to the side to see its comrade taken down. It was enraged and let out a large growl. Nick was wondering what Nova was thinking when he saw that. He was a wookiee after all.

‘’Keep firing.’’ Lucky ordered to the rest of the squad.

They did so, but the wookiee was still putting up quite a fight.  The wookiee shot a blast towards Nick. He moved just in time to dodge the blast but hit the floor as he did so.
He quickly got back up to his feet. The wookiee was beginning to lose its energy.

Who knew tree people were this tough... Nick said as he had fired towards it head.

The wookiee began to retreat. As it moved back, Nick made the final shot, killing it. It made a large boom as it slammed into the floor, lifeless.

‘’Oh my stars. What was that??’’ Zeshaun said, checking his ammo.

Tia slowly approached the dead wookiees. She was a bit frightened, thinking were still alive.
‘’They seemed more durable than others.’’

‘’They must be capturing them, and turning them into beasts.’’  Nova said.

Nick wasn’t so sure how Nova had come up with that idea, but he thought it would be wise not to ask.

Suddenly they heard footsteps coming from their direction. 

‘’Here comes trouble.’’ Alan said.

A group of droids began to approach the paladins. They seemed heavily modified, similar to the ones the squad encountered before. They aimed their weapons at the squad.

‘’Fall back!’’ Lucky commanded, seeing the droids outnumbering the squad.

As they approached, a large explosion started around them. The droids blasted to bits, just like that. Bang.

‘’Okay, now I am confused.’’

‘’The rebels set up mines around the hallway, I guess. Thanks to the battle droids, we wont need to worry about that, hopefully.’’ Tia said.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1021
November 12, 2008 6:37:22 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan looked around at the devastation, dead wookies, destroyed droids and holes in the walls from where the explosions had gone off.  What he wasn’t seeing was where the rebels had disappeared to.

“That’s just great” said Alan, “where the hell did the blasted rebels go now”

The sound of engines could be heard high above them.

Nick and Zeshaun looked at each other and together they both said “the roof”.

“Let’s go!” shouted Lucky.

The squad ran to the stairs and bounded up to the rooftop of the hospital.  There they watched as a speeder was already flying off in the distance.

“We’ll never catch them now” said Zeshaun as he watched on in desperation.

Alan was checking out another speeder that was parked on the rooftop to see if it was in working order whilst Tia scanned the distance.

“We may not need to catch them” said Tia.

“What do you mean?” queried Drakar.

“Their trajectory is taking them back to the abandoned base you were placed in when you first arrived” she replied.

“They must be using it as a backup base.  That would explain why there were droids there” said Zeshaun.

“Everyone get back into the speeder.  It’s time we went back to the base” said Lucky.

“I won’t be going with you” said Tia.

“Why not?” asked Lucky, “we could use you”.

“My place is here, besides which, I need to call in my men to dispel this crowd.  Once they are dispelled then things will start to settle down again.  Your job is to take down those rebels before they have a chance to incite another rebellion here” said Tia.

“Good luck” said Lucky as she shook Tia’s hand.

“And to you” replied Tia.

“I’m driving” said Alan hastily.

“Aww, but I wanted to drive” objected Zeshaun.

The squad filed into the speeder and Alan geared it into drive and the speeder leapt off the rooftop.  Instead of heading towards the base the speeder banked sharply downwards and towards the mob.

“Um, Alan” said Zeshaun, “we want to be heading away from that lovely group of people who want to kill us”.

“Relax kid” replied Alan, “just making a pit stop”.

The speeder landed next to the crowd and they immediately started shouting at the landed speeder and at the Imperials.

Alan leapt out and said “Zeshaun, you take the driver’s seat, and don’t leave without me”.

Before Zeshaun had time to reply, Alan was out of the speeder and running away.

“What the hell is he doing?” asked Lucky as she watched him in disbelief.

“With Alan, who knows” commented Nick as he brandished his weapon, prepared to defend himself.

Alan rushed back as fast as he could to the speeder, the angry mob chasing him.  Alan wasn’t very fast as he was weighed down by two large cases.

“Drive, drive!” shouted Alan as he clambered in.

The speeder lifted off and was missed by the mob by mere seconds.

“I couldn’t leave these behind” said Alan as he patted the cases.

Nova let out an approving growl from behind.

“You had to go back for them, didn’t you” stated Nick, just thankful they got out of there in once piece.

“Of course” replied Alan, “Zeshaun, you think you can get us back to the base?”

“I’ll do my best” replied Zeshaun as he throttled up and the speeder sped off.

Alan grimaced at the driving skills and thought to himself why did I let Zeshaun drive
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  86
November 12, 2008 7:01:17 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The speeder then sped off towards the abandoned base. Zeshaun took quick turns and nearly went at full speed. The paladins waited patiently, slightly frightened.

‘’Slow down, this isn’t a race.’’ Nick reminded him.

Zeshaun quickly replied. ‘’Its not a race, it’s a chase.’’

Nick could have sworn the speeder accelerated more. 

Nick could see the various shops at the area. Which reminded him, they had forgotten their armor at the tailor. Hopefully, they would have no problem in the attack. They prayed they would even make it to the base in one piece. Zeshaun drove with care and skill, determined to pursue the rebels.

‘’Relax guys. I’ve got this under control.’’

Everyone seemed a bit worried, except for Nova. He simply looked at the view and checked his weapons.

The paladins could see the rebel speeders up ahead, they were getting slightly closer.
They were gaining on them.

‘’Oh. What about our armor? We may have some problems.’’ Nick said.

‘’Not really. Remember your training.’’ Lucky reminded.

She was right. Stormtroopers didn’t always rely on their armor. Nick was trained to fight, not to wear. Nick was used to wearing armor during his battles, so he used his training in a form of backup. But without his training, he would have been fried a long time ago.

The squad could see the base coming into view at this point. They also saw the rebels who were getting closer to them.

‘’Damn. If only this thing had weapons.’’

Zeshaun pressed the wrong button while driving, and the speeder accelerated right past the rebels and towards the base.

‘’Heh, looks like it really is a race.’’ Nick said.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  169
November 12, 2008 7:24:15 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun let out a laugh as he sped through the streets. He loved to see the slightly frightened face of Alan. oh Alan, I'm just messing with you, I am being certified to be a vehicle crewman. Zeshaun thought. He heard Nick say something about a weapon on the speeder and he decided to give a short show. He pressed the button to show the grenade turret attatched to the speeder. The shouts and complaints of his squad mates made him notice that he had sped by the base.

"Sorry guys, we'll just back this baby up..." Zeshaun said putting the speeder in reverse.

They stopped right in front of the base and it's closed blast doors.

"How are we going to get through that." Alan said letting out a whistle.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the hidden turret." Zeshaun said pressing a button revealing a large turret on top of the speeder.

Zeshaun lept out of the pilot's seat and jumped into the controls of the turret. "I just learned how to do this." Zeshaun said aiming the turret at the blaster door.

He pressed the trigger and the whole speeder shook causing the squad to grab hold of the sides. "Whoops, sorry I must not have learned this part yet." Zeshaun said with a grin.

Alan just muttered something and jumped out of the speeder. The blast doors were melted and there was a gapping hole in the doors. Zeshaun hopped down from the turret and locked the speeder. He ran after the squad and into the base. After there little encounter with the droids Zeshaun was fairly familiar with the layout of the base.

"Let's split up, I think we got rid of all the droids in the building the first time we were here." Lucky said. The squad chuckled.

"Alan, Zeshaun and I will be one group, Nick, Nova, and Drakar will be the other." Lucky said pointing to each person in turn. "Let's move out."

Zeshaun grabbed his shotgun and trudged off after Alan and Lucky already down the hallway. They searched each room one by one, looking for any sign of the rebels. They reached the hangar where they had first landed in the base. When they opened the door Alan whistled.

"That's more than just that one speeder we were chasing." Alan said stepping away from the door to let Lucky and Zeshaun see.

There were 2 speeders and 2 trooper transports docked in the hangar. Zeshaun stepped back. there is no way we can take out this many rebels Zeshaun thought.

"We should tell Drakar's group what we're facing." Lucky said picking up her comm.

"Drakar, we are facing way more troops than we first expected, be on the look out." Lucky said.

"Copy that Lucky, we've found a cache of weapons and explosives, and some rooms where it looks like people have been staying at." Drakar reported.

"Okay Drakar, stay safe, good luck." Lucky said.

"You too ma'am." Drakar said.

Zeshaun's heart started beating a little harder and his breath got shorter. He was getting really nervous for the first time in a long time.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

AlanRJ
ComNet Veteran

AlanRJ

Post Number:  1022
November 12, 2008 7:38:50 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Upon seeing the array of speeders and troop transports, Alan heart sank.  He immediately grabbed his blaster from his hip and was alert and ready for action.  He knew that the odds of them surviving this had just dropped drastically.

Lucky, Alan and Zeshaun moved slowly through the base.  Alan was getting more and more concerned with every passing second as with so many potential rebels on the base, it looked decidedly empty and that concerned Alan greatly.

Suddenly, hearing footsteps approaching, Lucky signalled for them to conceal themselves.  Alan and Lucky hid in one doorway, whilst Zeshaun hid in the doorway opposite to them.  It was at this time that Alan was thankful for wearing all black.  He was also thankful that Lucky had made Zeshaun change his outfit otherwise he would have stood out.

Two rebels walked past them, weapons in front of them.  I guess they are patrolling the base, they must know we are coming for them thought Alan.  He signalled Zeshaun to take out the rebel nearest to him.

Alan moved up silently behind one of the rebels and wrapped his arm tightly around the soldier’s neck.  He squeezed hard, lifting the soldier off the ground.  The rebel choked and tried to prise Alan’s grip off of him.  Suddenly Alan’s arm yanked to the left and an audible crack was heard.  The soldier’s limp body collapsed to the ground.  Looking over Alan noticed that Zeshaun had disposed of his soldier as well.

“Let’s get these bodies hidden” said Lucky.

Alan and Zeshaun opened up one of the rooms and stashed the dead bodies inside.

“Well at least that’s two down” said Zeshaun in a jovial mood.

“Yeah, who knows how many more there are” replied Alan.

“Let’s not think of that” replied Lucky, “lets keep moving”.

With that, the trio ventured further into the base, weapons raised and ready for anything.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  87
November 12, 2008 7:56:01 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick moved stealthily through the base knowing that there were more rebels than expected. Nick, Drakar and nova slowly advanced through each of the rooms. Nick was surprised that so many rebels were present yet the base seemed completely deserted. It was strange, and unusual.

‘’We could walk into a trap any minute.’’ Drakar warned the others.

Nick nodded. ‘’Yea. Looks like we have a problem. I may have a plan, but only if they are all in one area.’’

Drakar and Nova reminded the explosion at the hospital with those droids.

‘’Smart idea!’’ Drakar commented. Nick could tell he was using sarcasm.

If the majority of rebels were all grouped together. The squad would be able to detonate the weapons cache near there area. The only problem was, they were nowhere to be found.

‘’Maybe they moved into the city while we came out here?’’ Nova wondered.

‘’We would have noticed it, and their transportation is here. How could we miss such a large force going in the opposite direction on foot?’’ Nick asked.

‘’Good point.’’ Drakar added.

‘’Heres an idea. I want you guys to go start planting the explosives from the weapons cache where I tell you to. Im going to move out into the open and search for them alone. That way, I can cause some noise and drag them out without risking any casualties. Hopefully, that will attract them. You will have to hurry, im a quick runner, but I cant handle all of those rebels.’’ Nick explained his plan to them, turning on his comlink so the others would here this too.’’

‘’Nick,  im the one giving orders here, not you.’’ Lucky joked. She didn’t seem as reluctant as Nick had thought.

Nick laughed and ran outside, looking for the rebels,
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  170
November 12, 2008 8:15:06 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
"Tell Nick to wait." Zeshaun yelled into the comlink expecting Nick to hear him.

"What?' Nick's voice could be heard in the distance.

"The code to unlock the speeder is 79854681654." Zeshaun said rattling off the long code.

"Your kidding right?" Nick said, astounded.

"yeah I am, It's just Zeshaun." Zeshaun said chuckling. "use the grenade turret to draw them out if you have to but searching outside will be faster on the speeder."

"Thanks Zesh." nick said walking out the doors.

"Okay, let's just keep looking around in the base while they set up that trap, we'll meet them somewhere when it's ready." Alan said.

Zeshaun looked one more time into the hangar and than an idea dawned upon him.

"Guys we should disable their speeders and transports. That way they can't get away as quickly." Zeshaun said.

"I like it." Lucky said, she turned around and went back toward the hangar.

They crept in making sure there were no engineers or droids that could alert the rebels of there presence. Alan found a cache of tools on a bench near the wall.

"Here take these." Alan said throwing a belt to Luck and Zeshaun. "These will make it faster to take these ships apart."

Zeshaun moved toward one of the speeders, he admired the state that it was in. It was in very good condition for being a rebel vehicle, he was used to seeing old used beat up vehicles in the hands of the rebels.

Zeshaun started clipping away at wires and using the butt of his shotgun to smash in the controls on the ship. In about a half hour all the ships controls were bashed in and the wiring within the ships were so cut up that there was no way that the ships would stop.

"Alright, nice job guys." Lucky said looking at the haveck that they had caused.

"Let's keep searching, no more fun." Alan said mockingly.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  88
November 12, 2008 8:41:22 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick moved outside into the plain open field. It was seemingly quiet, but he didn’t let that fool him. He had a lot of work to do.  He didn’t want to spoil the squads element of surprise.

Hopefully, Nova and Drakar are recovering the explosives.

Nick thought as he paced around the base.

The base was a bit complex. It wasn’t exactly a military headquarters, but it was very easy for a child to get lost. Then, Nick saw something at the corner of his eye. It was a squad of enemy troops.

They were either going to where everyone else was, or they were going out to patrol. Nick did the smartest option; keep away from them. He was in no condition to start a fight with anyone. Though he was tempted to.

Nick wondered what everyone else was up to. He didn’t have much time to think about them. He had enough trouble already. Nick saw the rebels patrol around the area, went around them and went into the building they had originated from.

Nick started to hear voices coming from behind the wall.

‘’Jackpot.’’ Nick said as he looked through a small opening. There were tons of them. He had to warn the others. 

Nick quickly ran back to Nova and Drakar, to tell them where to set the explosives.
Lance Corporal Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  171
November 12, 2008 8:59:56 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun, Alan, and Lucky all wandered about the halls aimlessly waiting for the call to go to the set position so they could blow up the rebels. They were walking around the first floor when they heard the sound of footsteps approaching fast from down the hallway. Lucky again signaled for everyone to hide. When the person came running down the hall way Alan and Zeshaun jumped him and grabbed the man from the ground.

"Alan? Zeshaun?" A familiar voice said. "It's Nick."

Alan and Zeshaun looked at each other and laughed. They lowered Nick down.

"Where you off to Nick?" Alan asked.

"I was on my way back to Nova and Drakar, I just found where a bunch of the rebels were hanging out." Nick said a little out of breath.

"Well, lead the way." Lucky said.

The four of them ran off down the halls. When they reached Nova and Drakar, they were already getting explosives ready to transport.

"We got more than enough explosives here, makes me shudder to think about what the rebels were going to use it for." Drakar said.

Each person picked up a nice big bundle of an assortment of detonators and other explosives. They walked after Nick down the hall and out the door.

"Hey what are you doing here?" A voice of a women echoed down the halls.

Two guards were standing in front of them holding blasters. "Drop your explosives and weapons or we'll blow us all up." the women said again.

damn Zeshaun thought looking up at the bundle of explosives on his shoulder. we need to take care of these guys fast. just as Zeshaun was thinking that Nova charged forward and picked up both guards in one big sweep of his arms, the necks snapped with an unnatural snap.

"Well, that takes care of that." Alan said looking down at the two dead guards.

"We should leave them here, we don't have time to clean up." Lucky said.

Nick moved along down the hall again until he reached the spot where he thought would be the perfect place to set up the trap.

"Now all we need is a distraction to bring them to us." Lucky said.

Zeshaun and Nick looked at each other. "We will." They said nearly simultaneously.

"Okay, everyone else set up the explosives, and I'm going to be the one to press the detonator, unlike the trap in the hospital it will be triggered by a button. If I don't think it's safe I'm calling it off." Lucky said.

The squad nodded and went off to do there specific jobs. I hope this works, I need to get back in a real bed...why do I think this during every mission. Zeshaun thought shaking his head.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1597
Total Posts:  3440
November 13, 2008 7:25:37 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
They set up the explosives and Lucky rigged it all up, their trap was all set and ready to go when she suddenly heard a loud buzzing sound. It reminded her of a gigantic mosquito.

Oh boy...i don't like the sound of that at all.

Sure enough, half a minute later, a blue-colored beam zoomed all across the whole floor, not affecting teh rebel who were staring at them, smiling.

"Um, guys...We have a problem here." Zeshuan whispered nervoulsy in his comm.

"Indeed we do" replied Lucky who was now looking up at the rebels.

the beam either made the rebels grow a few extra feet or the squad had shrunk to tiny people. She put her money on the latter, seeing as the button was just way too big forthem to have stayed the same size.

"What kind of a joke is this? This ain't the circus!" exclaimed Lucky ot of frustration.

"Now we have another problem, we detonate the explosives and we'll be no more. The advantage is on their side now."
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Alderaan Rebellion (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:23:40 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 239  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >