Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW I: Games Two Can Play

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  QW I: Games Two Can Play
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  877
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: QW I: Games Two Can Play
September 20, 2008 9:02:40 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan ran his fingers through his hair, dislodging the bits of wood that had gotten caught up in it.  He was glad that Kyrus had killed off the soldier that had nearly put him down but now he wanted this floor cleared so they could take down the jamming device.

Nearby blaster fire attracted his attention and he scanned the area to find out where it was coming from and by whom.  Alan soon noticed that Saphira and Novocaine were pinned down by blaster fire coming from three enemy soldiers.  Alan wasn’t sure whereabouts Kyrus or Lucky were but he knew that Saphira and Novocaine needed help soon as from their position they were never going to be able to take out those soldiers.

Damn cursed Alan as he decided that to get to them would take too long.  Then he remembered that he still had his sniper rifle slung over his shoulder.  He quickly slid it off his shoulders and looked through the scope, locating the first enemy soldier.  Squeezing the trigger he noticed that the trooper dropped instantly.  He picked off another soldier before the remaining troops turned their attention on him and Alan had to duck down as blaster bolts rained down over his head.

Alan tapped his com and said “Saph, Novocaine, the rest are all yours”.

“Roger that” replied Saphira as Alan heard numerous blaster bolts.  He sneaked a peek from his hiding position and was satisfied to see that the remaining troops in that area were down.
Sergeant First Class AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Hellgate Drill Instructor
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1381
Total Posts:  1884
September 20, 2008 9:34:46 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami forced Bertha to limp after Goldie and the recently acquired enemy tank in the direction of the vehicle bay. There was a stirring of activity within the hangar doors as the members of Delta Ohm readied themselves to make a last stand.

“Pull up,” Kami ordered into the comm, the small group coming to a halt as she did so. Jori started to say something at her side, but Kami cut him short with a wave of her hand. She thought frantically for a moment, considering their options. They had to move on the vehicle bay now, if they delayed any longer there was the possibility that the rebels would circle around their position or call in backup. Or both. But stomping right into what was quite obviously a trap wasn't the best way to insure that her squad came out of this alive.

“Get out,” Kami said to Jori, already pulling herself free of the harness holding her securely in the driver's seat.

“What?” Jori was already moving even though he didn't understand, testament to Imperial academy indoctrination to immediately react when orders were given.

“I'm sending Bertha down their throats,” Kami commed before standing to her full height and gesturing at the hatch, “Out Jori!”

The Lance Corporal finally realized her intention, and wasted no time clambering out to relative safety. There was a clunk as Jori swing himself down onto the left leg of the mech, before sliding to the earth. Kami ducked into a crouch before the AT-ST's console, and setting her entire body, pushed up with all her strength against the controls. The metal resisted for a brief moment, then twisted under the pressure, jamming forward. The mech lurched into movement towards the vehicle bay. Propping the control with a nearby fire extinguisher to stop it slipping back into place, Kami set the mech to full speed.

Clasping the top of the hatch for support, Kami swung herself out of Bertha. The world spun crazily about her as the mech drove unmercifully onwards. Realizing that she had bare seconds to get free before Bertha hit the bay, Kami managed a brief prayer, then launched herself skywards.
Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe
Jester Squad

SMKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited September 20, 2008 9:35:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited September 20, 2008 10:24:14 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  878
September 20, 2008 9:35:33 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan’s com chattered to life and Kyrus’s voice came through although it was hard to hear over the noise of blaster fire but Alan could definitely make out the words “I could use a little help here”.

“Where are you?” queried Alan.

Alan waited and was starting to get worried when no response came back.  Finally his com crackled to life as Kyrus’s voice said “I made it down to the jamming device but there are four soldiers camped in there and they are not giving up easily”.

“Stay there” replied Alan, “we’re coming there now”.

“Understood” replied Kyrus.

Alan got on the com and instructed the squad to rendezvous with Kyrus immediately.  Alan looked through the scope of his rifle and watched the members of Paladin make their way slowly to the far side of the room where the jamming device was.  Despite having to shoot down one enemy solider, there trip to the jamming area went uneventful.

Once Alan saw they had made their way safely, he slung the rifle over his shoulder and moved quickly to their position.  Although he knew that they had been met with no resistance, Alan still had his blaster in his hand and his wits about him in case of any surprises.

Arriving with the rest of the squad, Alan sneaked a peek at what Kyrus had reported.  true enough, in a small confined room were four well concealed soldiers guarding the jamming device.  This is not going to be easy thought Alan as he tried to come up with a plan.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2502
Total Posts:  3342
September 20, 2008 10:18:55 PM    View the profile of Angel 
The screech of metal caught Angel's attention as he tried to find away around the gathering Delta-Ohm forces. For some reason he couldn't understand they were really protecting this vehicle bay. Turning, he saw a badly damaged AT-ST lurching straight for the mustering forces. What really caught his eye, however, was the sight of Kami scrambling out of the cockpit.

Cursing in a couple different languages, Angel changed paths and darted towards the walker. He was about 10 feet away when Kami leapt from the walker, free-falling the 12 meters to the ground below. Pouring all his energy into the last few strides, Angel tapped into the Force once more and slowed Kami's body enough to where she wouldn't turn him into paste, and dove to catch her.

They hit the ground rolling, finally coming to rest against the base of a small tree. Kami ended up laying on top of Angel as the sound of frantic blaster fire echoed against the hill, followed by screams, and the sound of shearing metal as the AT-ST plowed into the vehicle bay. Laser cannons drowned out the screeching as Star opened fire with Goldie on Bertha. The damaged AT-ST keeled over on top of the vehicles, crushing metal and flesh underneath it. Star continued to empty round after round into Bertha, popping a couple concussion grenades into the fracas.

Grinning slyly down at Angel, Kami whispered faintly, "My hero..." as the AT-ST exploded, decimating the Delta-Ohm forces.
Platoon Adjutant - StormPlatoon
PA/SSG  Jikkyo "Angel Nimiichi"/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] [IH] [AS-5] {BoA}
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SG Angel/DC-04/Sith/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire [VP:1]

------------------------
"The ability to speak does not make one intelligent" -Qui Gon Jin
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited September 20, 2008 10:24:02 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  879
September 20, 2008 10:20:13 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“I guess we are all out of grenades” said Alan, more of a comment than a question but he still looked round at all the different squad members, each of them giving him a blank look or shaking their head.

Damn cursed Alan inwardly, he knew that a well placed grenade could end this nice and easily, instead he was going to have to come up with a different plan.

Poking his head round the corner, Alan shouted “give yourselves up, there’s nowhere to go and no-one to help you”.

Several blaster bolts shot out and Alan ducked as they sailed past and over his head.  Worth a try he thought to himself.  Alan snuck another look at the room and noticed that the only way in or out was through one door, the rest of the room was shielded by glass.  That’s it thought Alan as he started to smile.

“Kyrus, you take the left flank, Saphira you take the right.  When I give the signal shoot at the glass” said Alan.

“The glass” commented both Kyrus and Saphira almost simultaneously.

“Yes, the glass” re-iterated Alan, “it will cause them something to worry about if glass starts raining down on them.  It will hopefully give us a margin of distraction for us to storm the room and take them out. Now go”

Alan watched as Kyrus moved over to the left and Saphira over to the right.  I hope this works thought Alan as he gave them the signal to attack.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  112
Total Posts:  129
September 20, 2008 10:45:58 PM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror walked his Dewback over to where the others were regrouping after the ambush. "This is getting old sir," Ror said as he approached Kand and Helena.

Kand smirked, "Yeah I know how you feeling, but we should be getting close enough to the Timber Processing Plant." The squad nodded and started to move onwards.

They got about half a click before the next ambush appeared. This time the attack came from men laying on the ground all around them. As in the last ambush the squad was separated in smaller groups with the suddenness of the attack. The difference this time was Ror was not a lone, RK had turned his Dewback the direction Ror's went.

RK called out to Ror, "I understand them getting on our sides and in the front but how they get behind us?"

Ror laughed, "We must walked right over them without seeing them." About a half dozen red blaster shots zoomed past them, Ror looked on the ground ahead of them and saw the man proning on the ground in from of them.

Ror kicked his spurs in the hind of his Dewback and made it run faster and laughed as he lowered his pole arm closer to the ground. "I call first run!," He called back to RK as he made a pass at the man. The polearm was to far out and the man was between the blade and dewback.

Ror cursed as RK made his run at the man. Having more success RK was able to put his polearm deep into the mans head. RK let go of the polearm and laughed, "hahaha one for me!"

Kand voice came over the com, "Ror! Rk! Cut out the play and get serious there is more men here then in the last to ambushes."

Ror turned his Dewback around and spotted another proned man a couple of feet to his left. Turning his mount again Ror rode staright at the man and fired off a couple of bursts from his blaster. The shots were off target and the man smirked as he returned fire at Ror.

The shots tore into his shoulder armor but didn't penetrate leaving only a small burnt spot on his armor. "Yo Ror you alright?" RK asked as he took his Dewback over to where the man and Ror was and put a round into the man who was focused on Ror and didn't even see RK coming.

"Yeah I'm fine man," Ror said turning his Dewback around again and looked for more targets.
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1382
Total Posts:  1884
September 20, 2008 10:53:24 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami forced herself up to a sitting position, one hand rising to clutch her head where it had connected with Angel's chest, “Ow.”

“Ow?” Angel's expression was indignant under layers of blood and dirt, “Ow?”

Kami flashed him a smile, before climbing back to her feet and immediately refocusing on the vehicle bay. Poor Bertha was now a virtual tunnel of flame within the metallic hanger doors, lighting the interior of the vehicle bay and the still living Delta Ohm members retreating frantically to the rear of the facility.

“We didn't get them all,” Bright's voice sounded over the comm, startling her, “Are you alright Kami, that was one hell of fall.”

“I'm ok,” Kami answered, extending a hand to Angel as she did so, “We'll have to leave the mechs, we won't be able to get them in now.”

Angel dusted himself off with both hands as Bright's AT-ST stomped up next to them. The hatch popped open, Bright's flame red hair appearing.

“We can't just leave them here,” Angel noted, “I don't want to have to run from our own gear when it gets hijacked.”

Kami grimaced, thumbing the comm again, “Bright, I'll need you to stay with the ST. Maze, you with the tank. Keep an eye out for incoming, if we need backup we'll call you in.”

Both the troopers nodded, Maze spinning on his heel and clambering back up into the tank. Jori, Verkur and Jager formed a loose semi circle about Kami and Angel, rifles at ready. Kami gestured for Jager to take point,

“Alright. Let's go deal with the survivors.”
Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe
Jester Squad

SMKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  357
Total Posts:  535
September 21, 2008 4:21:46 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos sat at one of the Turret like weapons in the strikebreaker. Firing along the roof-tops he sent anybody there running for cover. Another series of loud, rumbling booms shook the strikebreaker a bit as the tanks stationed some few meters below them fired again. Orobos watched as the shots impacted the building making large gauges in what appeared to be duracrete. Cracks spread out from were the rounds had impacted. The blaster turrets left scorch marks on the shell of the building but the grenade launcher did a bit more damage. The Rebels had chosen the building well if it was still standing after that kind of barrage.

A minute later though there was another volley of shots and the clanks as the barrels of the tanks slid back and locked into place designed to do so so as not to put the barrel uinder as much strain. There was now one large, gaping wound in the front of the building. Rebels from inside after recovering from the shock of several heavy tank rounds impacting the ground so close to them they moved to defend the breach with what weaponry they had.

A huge amount of blaster fire was now coming from the hole in the wall making it near impossible to send infantry in without them all being cut down. The artillery took care of that Farley quickly sending one more volley into the breach which put an end to the hasty defence.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  158
Total Posts:  630
September 21, 2008 4:25:50 AM    View the profile of Jager 
"OH FUCK YEAH!" Jager hollered as Bertha burst into flames. This was possibly the second greatest day of his life, over thirty confirmed kills and an AT-ST explosion... all it needed now was a scantily clad women handing out free cigarettes and alcohol and it would have been perfect.

"I... I think I need a towel..." he added, taking a few deep breaths

Bright glanced over at the ecstatic Corporal, "Finished?"

Jager nodded as he retrieved another cigarette. The AT-ST halted abruptly next to Kami and the rest of Jester. He quickly reached behind the seat and grabbed a carbine before climbing out to meet the others.

““Bright, I'll need you to stay with the ST. Maze, you with the tank. Keep an eye out for incoming, if we need backup we'll call you in.” Kami ordered before gesturing to Jager to take the point, he replied with a casual salute and began moving towards the Vehicle bay.

Now Ex-members of Delta-Ohm littered the exterior of the facility. The group fanned out into an arrow head formation and began to slowly advance, checking for survivors as they passed, occasionally letting off a shot to finish the unfortunate ones.

The group were almost at the hangar door when the fire
suppressant system kicked in with a high pitched hissed.  The arrow head collapsed to the left as Jager reached the door.

“Check the corners Move on Jager’s call” Kami ordered, the corporal took a deep breath to regain his focus,

“Three, Move” he called back as slipped into the hanger, sticking to the left wall. The inside was almost as bad as outside, the bodies of Delta-Ohm members were scattered across the hanger floor and the smell of charred flesh hung with the slowly dissipating smoke from the burning walker.

Jori was the first to let a few shots off at several Deltas’s who were trying to drag a wounded man to the rear of the facility. The men quickly cut their losses and dumped the wounded man; one was cut down immediately while another was hit in the back as he tried to escape.

Seeing this Verkur began advancing towards the rear, signaling Jager the others to follow. Again the group formed an arrow head and slowly made their way to the rear of the facility, firing at any movement in the haze.
Jester Squad
TRN/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
==Always the Leader, Never the led==
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  880
September 21, 2008 6:46:45 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Upon the signal from Alan, both Kyrus and Saphira opened fire.  Immediately the glass surrounding the room shattered and started covering the enemy soldiers in shards.  They tried ducking and avoiding the shards of glass.  As soon as the commotion began Alan and the rest of the squad charged the room.

The enemy soldiers were in complete disarray.  Alan noted that one of them had already been killed, a large shard of glass imbedded in his forehead.  The enemy soldiers didn’t know what to do and soon, several well placed shots brought the remaining soldier’s lives to an end.

“Let’s finish this” said Alan, “Novocaine, you and I will set charges whilst the rest of the squad stands guard”.

Both Alan and Novocaine started setting charges around the jamming device whilst the rest of the squad covered them should any enemy troops be foolhardy in trying to stop them.  As soon as the charges were set, the squad left the area and ran down the stairs.  As soon as they were at the bottom, the building shook as explosions went off.  The squad smiled as they realised they’re objectives had been met and with no casualties.

Alan tapped his com and said “Paladin squad to command and to all squad, both shield generator and jamming device are down.  Aerial bombardment and air support are now available.  Repeat aerial bombardment and air support are now an option”.

“What now Sir?” queried Kyrus.

“Now we finish this off, let’s see what enemy the rest of the squad’s have left for us” replied Alan.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  310
Total Posts:  2159
September 21, 2008 7:47:27 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
The heavy weapons drove the last of the Rebels deeper into the mining complex. Tanus gestured to hold fire.

"Showed 'em, eh?" one of the tank commanders yelled.

Tanus made another gesture. BlackJack squad jumped from their gun positions. "Commander! I need you to post six men on this vehicle and hold it for us until we return!"

"Why? Where y'all goin'?"

"We're going into the breach. We have to secure the munitions."

The commander shrugged, got onto his comm.

Meanwhile, BlackJack squad had entered the building. Gates, already burdened with his Stormtrooper-II Carbine, Pistol, DC, and the StarCat, decided to ditch his carbine. He left it in the weapons locker.

BlackJack entered the building, to a surprisingly wide and uncluttered room. It was also rather dim; the powerplant was likely out, and the only light came from the hole in the wall.

Tanus made another gesture; the squad flipped down their thermal imaging. A couple dozen bodies showed up; about half were 'hot' and some weren't bodies - just little patches of 'warm.'

"An ambush. How typical. I'll bet you they didn't know we can see in the dark," Gates remarked snidely, quoting an old commando's ideal.

Tanus made the 'shut the hell up' gesture and then to spread out.

Gates slid behind a bit of cover; he put the bipod on his DC and poked it over his cover, setting it up.

The stormtroopers opened fire. Hundreds of rounds smashed into the 'hot' targets, but the thermal was now hopelessly confused at the laser blasts.

Tanus barked, "Hold fire!"

BlackJack stopped shooting. Gates stood up. "Those dumb-"

A shot tore from an upper floor, right into the tall stormtrooper.

The rest of BlackJack returned fire. The Rebel fell from the second story and crashed to the ground with a sickening crunch.

One of his comrades moved over to help the other stormtrooper.

"Ahh, don't worry about it. I just took a shot to my shoulder- not even dominant hand!"

"Fine. Move your left fingers."

Gates tried. They gave a half-hearted twitch. "Just give me some bacta. I can keep going."

A bacta patch was slapped on, and a few painkillers were administered.

Then, BlackJack moved on.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Forward! And Fear not Pain nor Death!

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
Verkur
ComNet Initiate

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  190
Total Posts:  272
September 21, 2008 9:12:19 AM    View the profile of Verkur 
Verk and the rest of the Jester on foot moved through the vehicle bay, moving quickly and sticking to the walls, taking out anyone unlucky enough to cross their path. Verk sighed as they passed the heaping wreck that was Bertha. Techs are going to be livid about this one. Continuing through the vehicle bay, they reach a set of double doors, a sigh that stood for stairs was bolted above it. The group formed up into a small circle to contemplate there next move.

"Well it has to go up, and it has to go down. What do we do?" Jori asked, looking from one helmeted head to the next.

"I say we split the group. Two go up, two go down, one watches the door." Angel said.

"Ok, Jager, Verk, you two go up. Me and Angel are going down. Jori, you watch the door, and if any of us need you, you better come running. Got it?" Kami ordered, nodded and moved to the door.

The group shuffled for a moment in the smoke filled room, the two groups taking up positions along either side of the door. Counting off on his fingers from three to one, Jager burst through the door quickly scanning the area with his rifle.

"All clear." He said.

Verk followed Jager into the stairwell, and nodding to Kami and Angel as they went down, Jager and Verk moved up. Taking the stairs two at a time till they reached the first door. The two Jesters took up positions on either side of the door. Verk took the ahndle and turned it slowly, the click of the door hatch releasing seemed so loud. Jager stuck his rifle into the gap and scanned the empty hallway, nodding he moved in, Verk followed.

Moving down the hall they began to search each room.

"This place seems way to empty, too quite. For my like...." Verk began, but was cut off as the whole building shook.

"What was that?" Jager replied in turn.
TRP/CPL_Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C][CoR]

Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

"I am required to kill, so I kill" -Maximus
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  997
September 21, 2008 9:21:30 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
Hayes and Joamer had picked off the patrolling men near the southwest gate once the fighting had begun. A few well placed shots had cleared the gate, Rio had sent a brief data burst informing command of this, and now they waited for anyone to come running out.

The rest of the squad was positioned around them, creating a nice little safe area for the two snipers to do their work. Just then the gate had lumbered open and five speeders had shot out, the drivers pushing the engines as hard as they could go, as large explosions occurred within the facility.

"You think it's time for mop up?" Joamer asked as he got a decent lead on one of the speeders.

"Looks like it." Hayes said. As he watched the range finder grow steadily greater.

"Good, time to use one of my new friends. A modified EMP-stun missile. It can be fired from your standard sniper rifle, usually. Let's capture us some speeders."

Joamer and Hayes loaded the mini missiles into the magazines and got solid targets before firing, instantly two of the speeders lumbered to a halt and stopped, after a few more well placed shots the last three stopped just ahead of them. 

Gio had walked up quietly and was looking over the field with a pair of Macrobinoculars, nodding slowly he keyed his mic "Command, this is Iron Horse. Five speeders immobilized outside southwest gate. Occupants unharmed and unconscious. Iron Horse out."

"Good work guys, very nicely done."

Swinging his rifle back towards the compound Joamer watched as the rebel base had begun to fall under Imperial control.
Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
TRP/SGT Joamer/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/
[ES1] [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited September 21, 2008 9:24:22 AM)]
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  107
September 21, 2008 9:23:59 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
I never posted this, nope, not at all.
[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited September 21, 2008 9:25:10 AM)]
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  358
September 21, 2008 9:45:56 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
They moved further into the building. The Thermal sensors were showing nothing. They continued on past a large stack of vacuum sealed, durasteal crates. There was movement above them but they weren't able to get a clear shot at the enemy and could only watch them scuffling around on the upper floor. They reached the other side of the room were a series magnetically sealed doors led into several room.

The first one they tried was locked. They continued on in this fashion trying seven more doors. The eight and final door they tried buzzed and the magnet holding it in place switched off. The eased the hatch open which led into a corridor. They stepped inside leaving the door open as not to be trapped inside.

Orobos was at the front of the squad and moved down the corridor. It was only wide enough for two people to walk side by side and so he took up most of that space by himself. There was the sound of footsteps and human like shape on the thermal sensors appeared. The walls in the building must've been thick enough the hide the body heat of the individual. They opened fire cutting him down.

They continued on down the corridor and came across some more hatches that weren't magnetically sealed. A few of them led into empty rooms and a few more had cases of ammunition piled up to the ceiling.

"I wonder how many of these there are?"

"We need to secure all these chambers. There can't be many more."

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Jager
ComNet Initiate

Jager

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  160
Total Posts:  630
September 21, 2008 9:46:27 AM    View the profile of Jager 
Both troopers stood still, staring blankly at one another trying to fathom the cause of the tremor.

"Well, there is an attack going on... I could of been anything" Jager shrugged, giving the room another quick scan.

Verk paused, "We should call Kami.."

"Nah, as she said... Angel and her are 'Going down'" Jager added, Verkur slowly began shaking his head as he smirked,

"Your an Ass, Do you know that?"

"I've been called worse, I'll take that one as a complement". As the troopers engaged in meaningless banter, they both failed to see the shadow of a man slowly creeping up behind Jager.

"Gotta admit though, that new Sergeant sure kicks some serious amounts of As.." Jager began before a hand was clasped over his mouth and a small pistol placed against his head. But as just as the rebel uttered the first syllables of whatever he was going to say, Verkur had already drawn his side arm and fired.

"AHH, SON OF A BITCH...," Jager called out as he dropped to his knee's, under the belief that Verkur just shot him. The rebel soldier collapsed with a thud on the ground behind the startled corporal, minus a chunk of his head, which was replaced by a smoking mass of skin tissue and grey matter.  Verkur offered Jager a hand up, which he rejected as he slowly got back to his feet and brushed himself off,

"You might want change those pants..." Verk began, "Also.. you owe me one now.."

"I dont owe you shit..." Jager retorted in a defensive manner,

Verkur smirked, "Then, maybe next time I'll let the rebel have his way with you..."

"Alright... whatever, I owe you.. Just don't tell anyone else" Jager asked,

Verkur nodded in agreement "Works for me",

"Right, lets get back to work." Jager asked, "This time. You take point"
Jester Squad
TRN/LCPL J. Luth/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jager_Luth
Jesters unofficial new motto, "Who's laughing now Bitch"
==Always the Leader, Never the led==
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  882
September 21, 2008 10:31:01 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan and the rest of the squad exited the power plant facility and they were met with a scene of confusion.  Enemy soldiers were running around in a state of panic.  Looks like the rest of the squads have been causing as much disruption as we have been thought Alan as he targeted a rebel soldier and fired.  The soldier was running and then his body skidded and collapsed as the neat shot impacted his skull and dropped him immediately.

“Nice shot Sir” commented Kyrus before his blaster pistol spat out bolts of blaster fire, killing a soldier.

“Let’s see how many of these rebel scums that we can eliminate” said Alan as he pressed on with the attack, wanting to kill as many rebel scum as he could.

“Roger that” replied the various members of Paladin as they all raised their blaster pistols and started firing at the rebel soldiers.

Fresh screams were heard as several enemy soldiers dropped down dead.  Other soldiers now panicked and tried desperately to evade this new threat, a troop of black clad Imperial stormtroopers with the sole purpose of killing them.

“Run!” shouted a panicked rebel soldier, panicked by this new threat.  His shouts did not last long as mere seconds after he shouted a call of warning to his comrades, he was shot and killed.

Oh this is all too easy thought Alan as his blaster let off several volleys of blaster bolts which impacted on rebel soldiers killing them where they stood.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2504
Total Posts:  3342
September 21, 2008 12:34:27 AM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel's comlink beeped as Riqimo's voice crackled through. "Shields  and jammers down, squadrons available for support." Eyeing Kami as they crept down the stairs, they both nodded in agreement.

Kami pulled out her comlink and and spoke into the cylindrical comm device. "Jester Squad fall back. We're calling in the big boys." Pulling thier orders out of her armor pouch, she dialed in the frequency for Chesh Squadron. "Ches Squadron thjis is Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe requesting strategical strike."

"Roger that Sergeant, confirm authorization codes and post Killbox One Alpha." The naval base's comm commander requested.

"Authorization Kappa Iota Charlie Kappa Alpha Sigma Sigma. Post Killbox One Alpha to zone 0708." Kami answered, already moving up the stairs, Angel hot on her heels. "Be advised friendlies are in the area in AT-ST walker and light armored tank."

"Roger that Sergeant. Chesh Squadron deploying, estimated time to Killbox 3 minutes."

Kami and Angel reached the top of the stairs just as Jager and Verk got to the bottom. Throwing each other uneasy smiles, they bolted for the front of the hanger, shouting to Jori to clear out. The whine of ion-engines could be heard in the distance as their support squadrons drew near.

"Star, move move move!." Kami shouted into her comlink as the ground troops sprinted towards the stolen tank. Jager hopped into the driver's seat and quickly powered up the tank as Jori pulled the hatch shut behind him. The AT-ST clunked as it moved slowly away from the vehicle bay.

The tank started moving as the TIE-bombers cleared the horizon, zooming in towards their target. "Munitions deployed." Came the call over the comlink from the TIE pilots...
Platoon Adjutant - StormPlatoon
PA/SSG  Jikkyo "Angel Nimiichi"/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] [IH] [AS-5] {BoA}
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SG Angel/DC-04/Sith/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire [VP:1]

------------------------
"The ability to speak does not make one intelligent" -Qui Gon Jin
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  311
Total Posts:  2159
September 21, 2008 12:37:52 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Black Jack Squad continued deeper into the facility. They turned a corner; Tanus held up a fist. The BlackJacks halted. Gates' thermal was blinded; there was a high-heat power source.

"Flashlights." Tanus whispered.

Gates flicked his thermal off and his helmet flashlight and DC-15's flashlight on as well. They carefully inspected the power source that was running so hot.

It was a reactor, hooked up to nothing, but running hot anyway. It looked to be the same size as a Imperial Star Destroyer's, if memory served correctly.

"Hot damn. This thing keeps running for a few more hours, and half a continent could be flattened." Someone remarked.

The Black Jacks looked around the room. "Boss, a terminal."

Orobos walked over and accessed it. He shut the power source. He also downloaded a map.

"Geez, this is too easy. The Rebels aren't even putting up a fair fight," remarked Gates.

That's when they heard the sound of running and stamping of metal boots on metal.

"God damn it, Gates! Why the hell are you so bad at this?!" asked Tanus, preparing himself for a fight.

"You know me, sarge," Gates smiled. "I'm always bad luck."
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded - V from V for Vendetta

Forward! And Fear not Pain nor Death!

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience." -Clone Captain Ordo and a Clone Commando
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  883
September 21, 2008 12:54:49 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan heard a distinctive whine and he smiled, knowing that the noise signalled TIE bombers approaching, although he wasn’t sure of their destination or target.  I guess someone called in for air support guessed Alan.

“Fall back!” shouted Alan.

“Sir?” queried Kyrus, unsure of why they were falling back when they were winning the battle.

“You hear that” replied Alan, “air support in en-route and I don’t want to be anywhere close to where they are going to”.

The squad started moving back, continuing to shoot down enemy soldiers that happened to fall across their sights.

Tie Bombers flew overhead and Alan watched as they dropped their payload.  The ground shook as a large explosion rocked the complex.

“Yes!” shouted Alan, happy that the bombers were able to join in the fray, “that’s the way you do it”.

The ground beside Alan suddenly erupted, causing dirt to fly up around Alan and the rest of the squad.

“What the hell?” queried Alan as he whirled around trying to find the source of what had happened.  Then he noticed off to one side was a heavy blaster emplacement.  Another volley of blaster bolts headed their way.

“Get to cover!” shouted Alan as he and the squad dived for cover.  From behind some barrels, Alan slid his sniper rifle from his shoulder and looked down the scope but was frustrated when he couldn’t acquire the target.

“Guess we’ll have to take this out the old fashioned way” he said under his breath.  He signalled to the squad to split up and to advance on the position.  With that the squad advanced slowly.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  110
September 21, 2008 2:05:48 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
"No signal from command for another squad to secure those speeders. It's up to us." Gio said. "Pack up and move to your bikes, make haste and secure the area surrounding the immobilized vehicles. Terval could be in there so be careful."

Quickly packing up the squad jogged to the awaiting speeder bikes and punched the throttle. A matter of minutes passed as they slowed down and quickly began securing the surrounding area near the five downed vehicles.

"Hayes, Joamer, check the compartments for Terval, stun anyone else you find, they should be nearly awake by now. The rest of you fan out and secure the area." Gio said as he jumped off his bike.

Quickly the two troopers began searching the vehicles, stunning anyone they did not recognize. Checking the last speeder and stunning the two rebels in it, they both shock their heads.

"He's not here, Terval is not here. This was a decoy of some sort, but nothing else came through that gate. He's either inside the complex still or he was never here in the first place." Hayes relayed to Gio.

"Command, this is Iron Horse. Target was not in the escaping convey, twelve rebels under guard, looks like five of them are high command. Requesting pickup for prisoner extraction." Gio said into his commlink.

"Squad, extract the prisoners and move them into that thicket off the road, bind their arms and legs. Hayes, Joamer, find a spot and take cover, watch that gate, I want to know the second anything exits it, friendly or not."

The squad made short work of the prisoners, quickly moving the stunned forms into the thicket, and binding both arms and legs.

"The rest of you create a perimeter and hunker down. We can't go have fun inside the complex until we get pickup for these prisoners." Gio said just as one of the two squadrons flew over the complex and began bombing runs.
Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
TRP/SGT Joamer/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/
[ES1] [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1040
Total Posts:  1849
September 21, 2008 2:40:29 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The last man slumped against a large boulder, blood seeping from a huge gash in his stomach. Kanderin removed the weapon, and checked around the rest of the squad.

"Everyone okay?"

"Everyone's accounted for Kand" Helena's reply came.

"Helena, how well will the Dewbacks behave if they're unmounted and following each other?" Kanderin responded.

"That's an odd question...I suppose they should be fine, long as they're led by a rider"

"Alright, I need two other people to dismount and help me with a forward sweep of the area. They're using the mounts to pinpoint where we are, if some of us are dismounted we could take them by surprise"

Kanderin fought to stay in the saddle, as Ror and RK sprinted forward to him, holding each other back. The fact they were the only one's fighting to become the scouts made Kand smile.

After a few more minutes, they became fully organised once again. Helena led the squad, her dewback leading Kand's, the mounts of RK and Ror also following Jenn and Gimp respectively. The amount of trees on this spot of the hill meant it was nigh on impossible for it to be noticed that they were trotting unmounted.

Kanderin was fifty feet ahead of Helena, with RK and Ror several meters to each side. Between them, they had a fifty metre half circle around the mounts covered. The ambushes had already subsided, probably after their last attempt was cut to shreds by rifles which seemed to come from nowhere. Something was wrong, but they didn't know what it was yet. They were regrouping however, and it wouldn't be long before they caught on now.

"Pick up the pace, we're nearly at the summit" Kanderin communicated back.
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  359
September 21, 2008 2:54:41 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos turned from the terminal he was in the middle of accessing to face the threat which was just about to come through the door after them. They all took up firing positions just was a flash grenade wa thrown through the door. The lenses of there helmets protected them from the flash but there was nothing to protect them against the bang which deafened them for a few seconds. Luckily they didn't need to hear the enemy as the rebels stormed into the room they opened fire cutting them down.

There were a few remaining outside the reactors control room and as there hearing returned to them they could here the rebels running further down the hall probably to take up better positions. They followed quickly stepping out the door rifle raised Orobos checked the corridor then turned around to check the other direction. There was a flurry of movement and a burst of laser fire flew in his direction. Dropping into a crouching positions he returned fire dropping the man leaning out of cover. The squad followed taking the rest of the group of enemies down.

The sound of more rebels coming reached their ears still aching from the flash bang and they turned loosing another volley of controlled sustained fire down the hallway. A man moving around the corner was cut down immediately. The others knowing better stayed protected and hidden behind the wall. The tip of a rifle emerged around the corner and a few shots were fired vaguely in their direction but they spattered of the walls ceiling and floor.

Pulling a grenade from his belt Gates tossed it down the hallway. It bounced of the floor and wall and then rolled into were the rebels were taking cover. A few shouts and them the crump of the explosion. They moved further down the hallway. Tanus held up a fist as a radio came to life and a voice from one of the commanders outside the complex started to announce something.

"Rebel forces spotted retreating on the far side of the building. Forces move to engage."

"We've got 'em running now."

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Helena
ComNet Initiate

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  167
Total Posts:  508
September 21, 2008 2:57:21 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena nodded, looking back to see if everyone was still following behind her. Her dewback, Flora of all names, was slightly hanging back, leaning her weight in Helena’s hands.

“Flora! For gods sake! Quit it!” She called to the sulking creature.

“Helena, keep it down!” Kand called back.

She basically shrugged, raising her hands from the saddle, trying to lighten the weight. As she went to check the squad, she noticed Jenny straying from the group. Her Dewback was taking her behind the bushes to munch on the lush green that lay there.

“Keep up! Usher it on will you!”

Helena smiled; amused at the fact that Jenny was having problems, she placed pressure behind the saddle of Flora and rushed in front of Jenny’s dewback, pulling on her reins, dragging her to rejoin the group.

“Kand you okay walking? Anyone of you want to get back on?”

She heard a slight argument over the comlink, quickly followed by a shouting reply of the word No in many different pitches and tones.

“I’ll take that as your answer then…” she giggled, struggling to keep everyone up with RK, Ror, and Kand’s fast pace.
Lance Corporal Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/LCPL Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1041
September 21, 2008 3:16:19 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Luten sighed to himself as he grabbed his tenth cup of coffee from off the table and leaned back in his chair. They were being attacked from all sides, and for some reason his command still wanted him to sit and play guard. The only source of entertainment he had in his very, very small office was the coffee machine, and the occasional flicker of gunfire.

The good news was, it seemed the attack from the northwest was crumbling. The eight man squad spotted making their way up to the hill, at last check, were missing three riders. And even better, their leader appeared to be one of the missing men, leaving them now led by a women, of all things. Luten snickered to himself at this thought.

His radio crackled into life, suddenly a blaze of rushed voices and panicked cries. Placing it to his ear, he just managed to catch the most important piece of information.

"Dewback's sighted at the top of the hill, they're charging!"

Grabbing his rifle from behind the coffee machine, he sprinted out of the door and around to the northwest wall. Just as the radio had said, the dewback's were clear as day, just beginning a sprint down into the last hundred metres before they hit the lumber yard. A detonator went off near to them, illuminating them long enough for the riders to be visible. A woman led, and three dewbacks still lacked riders, it was that squad alright.

The shot on their leader seemed pretty simple, she's slowed to a crawl as she helped out another team member. He raised his rifle to shoulder high, and aimed at her chest licking his lips as he aimed.

The shot hit high, puncturing the windpipe and cutting off their inability to take any air. Slumping to the side, clutching his neck, he saw another shot release itself from a nearby tree. The man in it looked down at the dying guard and waved. The same man from the photos, their leader. He used his last few seconds of air to grab for his radio, but it was shot away from his hand by another man in another tree. They'd been tricked.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  92
Total Posts:  304
September 21, 2008 3:37:08 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Pulling the hatch closed, Jori crouched down on the floor because there were no more seats available. He watched Jager in the driver’s seat, pushing the tank to its limits in an effort to get clear of now doomed Vehicle Bay. He could see that they were right behind Goldie, which was waddling along as fast as it could. Pretty soon, he heard the telltale signs of a bombardment, the rumbling of the ground, the high pitched whine as the fighters screamed by overhead, and the muffled boom as the bombs exploded.

“Well, at least we won’t have to worry about anymore threats coming from that building.” Jori said jokingly.

He stood up and opened the hatch. Lifting himself up on the edge, he looked back at the ruins of the Vehicle Bay. They stood smoking, with small fires spread out over the landscape. Smelling the air, he noticed a burnt tinge to it. As he was sniffing, Bright climbed up on the tank and climbed through the hatch. He jumped back down into the tank after her and reported what he had seen.

“It’s destroyed. Not completely, but enough where the only life that could of survived would have had to be underground. You think we might need to go back and make sure nothing survived?” Jori asked Kami as Jager stopped the tank.

“Yes. We should. We’ll leave Goldie here for right now and head back to investigate the ruins. After we’re done, Bright, you, Jori, and Verk will ride back in Goldie and the rest of us will ride back in this tank. Jager, turn us around and head for the ruins.” Kami said.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
==============================================
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
==============================================
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  592
Total Posts:  823
September 21, 2008 3:49:02 PM    View the profile of RK 
Within a matter of seconds the quiet scene of the forest had turned into mayhem, fire coming from all directions, going wherever it wanted. Wraiths had it under-control, or at least that was how it looked. RK, however, wasn't so sure, with the continuous hail of fire, even moving a bit would be suicidal, but even being here was suicidal. Guess I have no choice.

Another volley of  fire came in RK's direction, he instinctively kept low while firing in the direction of the oncoming fire. He then quickly started moving, heading towards the closest cover; once he was within two feet of the tree he crouched down and got into a quick roll, landing directly behind it,keeping himself into crouch, and waiting again.

10.9.8.7,6,5,4,3,2.. Now! He jumped up and turned, trying to keep the tree between him and the Facility as much as possible, firing of a couple shots in the direction of the latest enemy fire. Then repeating his past maneuver to get to the nearest tree, keeping himself down.

“God damn it.” RK heard Ror say, even over all the noise. He seemed to be reaching for his pistol, throwing the gun off to the side; RK wanted to know what had happen, but he figured it was better not to ask

“Hang in there!” Kand yelled as he dodged to a huge boulder that was sitting just off to the right of his previous location., firing a few times before ceasing, trying not to give his position away.

After a while RK finally realized he had been in the same position for more than half a minute. Now. He leapt and fired clumsily, then ran to the next tree over, crouching then rolling to keep himself low.  I just hope everyone else is having better luck than us. he thought glumly while letting of a few more shots, then moving once again.
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP]

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Helena
ComNet Initiate

Helena

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  170
Total Posts:  508
September 21, 2008 4:16:04 PM    View the profile of Helena 
Helena squinted; the ground began getting surprisingly steep as she led the rest of the squad to battle. The Dewbacks were backing off, slightly disturbed by the firing. The squad seemed to be surrounded by other soldiers, all shooting straight at them. One fired straight at Helena, closely missing her and hitting the tree, causing the branch behind her to cut off the path for the other Dewbacks.

“Go around it quickly, dodge all you can and just get to the top”

The squad quickened the pace, Flora was good at that. She was built for charging, Helena thought she enjoyed it…

For a moment the firing stopped, causing Helena to look back, but to her surprise there were a group of soldier’s right behind her, running as fast as they could. One managed to get hot on her tail.

“Everyone just keep going, set your eyes on the top and don’t look back, understand?!”

Shortly after Helena called out, a shot was fired from a hidden source. Helena managed to grab the reins of Flora and do a barrel roll off, narrowly missing the hit. As she did so, she ran and vaulted on the creature at full speed to meet the others, out of breath she smiled.

“Close one back there guys, just be careful”
Lance Corporal Helena
Assistant Squad Leader

ASL/LCPL Helena/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[ES2][GRP][GRP]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1043
September 21, 2008 4:29:03 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The radio had finally managed to get the warning message out, and the reinforcements were spewing out of the logging camp, as well as from nearby buildings. Kanderin recalled something he had heard issued to him in the orders - 'Resistance will be heavy, but not unmanageable'. Yeah right.

He dropped down from the tree, firing off another handful of shots and downing another two men, before climbing his way into another. He shot a look back towards Helena and the rest of the squad, who had finally found their way to level ground. First task completed, the second was to clear the area so it was safe to leave the Dewbacks back, allowing them to work inside.

"Everyone dismount and push forward towards the facility, drive them back!" Kanderin shouted over the crackle from nearby enemy radios.

Jennabelle responded by working her way over to Kand, a volley of red from her blaster managed to down what seemed to be an entire squad closing in on Kand.

"That was lucky" Kanderin smiled, firing at another closing in behind Jenn.

"No luck in it, all skill"

RK made his way over to them, and Helena gathered the squad on the other side of the dewbacks, and after a volley of hand signals, they rushed forward in unison, the severe barrage of gunfire causing every guard around the building to dive for cover. A grenade was thrown from both groups, exploding together and sending several bodies flying. A few ran loose but were immediately cut down by more gunfire. Kanderin pointed out a fallen tree just ahead of them, and the squad gathered behind it.

They took up a offensive wall, with alternating members firing until their clip ran out, before reloading and letting their neighbours take over. That way four people would always be firing on them, and they never had time to breathe. Eventually, they gave way and fled their position, holing themselves inside the building.

"We broke them!" Kanderin called, holding up the hand for the ceasefire. "RK, Jenn and Ror, follow me through. Helena, take everyone else and hole up the Dewbacks somewhere, then follow us in"
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  593
Total Posts:  823
September 21, 2008 4:48:57 PM    View the profile of RK 
“Alright, everyone understand?” Kand asked one more time, making sure everyone knew their orders. They all nodded, which was the spring that started the trap. Instantly Kand jumped up and leaped over the fallen tree. RK and the others, save Helena and Gimp, followed.

Three guards sprinted out of the opening of the facility,  RK shot rapidly in a line, downing tow of the three, the third one however fired back as he retreated back int the facility, probably going to gather reinforcements. Coward.

“Be ready, I don't know what we are going to expect.” Kand said as he aimed his rifle, getting ready for anything that might happen.

Ror and RK kept side by side as they entered, with Jenn following closely behind, putting them in a diamond formation. Light flowed out of the entrance before them blinding them slightly as they entered.  Instantly a scream could be heard, and red flashes of light began.  RK crouched and rolled off to the right, Ror went in the opposite direction. Once they were all under-cover, the mayhem returned.

RK looked up to see a man standing on the metal balcony up above; instinct took over and told him to fire, which he promptly did. The man screamed as soon as the red bolt hit hit him straight through the heart, he then slumped over the railing and then feel over, landing on the ground with a hard-wet thud. Now. He turned around quickly and aimed to the left, firing a few shots before moving to another cover area.
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP]

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW I: Games Two Can Play  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:10:57 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 70  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >