Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW I: Games Two Can Play

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  QW I: Games Two Can Play
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  1584
Total Posts:  1920
  RE: QW I: Games Two Can Play
September 20, 2008 11:20:16 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Cepany, planetside

Crates shifted from side to side and stacks of rifles bumped into each other as the hovervan tried to maneuver over the increasingly bumpy terrain. Inside, the RAIDERS were clutching their main weapons as well as the roof-mounted handles. The troop carrier made its way over a hill, and came to area where the mine entrance was supposed to be located.

Dante had time to see a series of barricades and E-Webs around the hillside entrance before the first shots impacted and the deployment section's camera faded in a cloud of static. There were a pair of dull thumps followed by a continuous whine as the military vehicle returned fire with its grenade launchers and heavy laser cannon, but the enemy had too many turrets. Dante felt a series of impacts, then heard a large clang as an armour plate fell from the vehicle.

The transport quickly retreated under the concentrated blaster fire, which continued even when they were out of sight.

"Damn it." the vehicle's commander muttered. "Our armour's not thick enough to take that kind of firepower, not on our own."

Sniping 101 contemplated the situation for a moment, then got to his feet.

"We'll deploy here, pilot. If you draw their fire, we can flank them and take them out."

"Roger that, Platoon Sergeant. Opening the hatches now."

The two, inch thick blast doors hissed open and the RAIDERS jumped out into the bright sunshine.
TRP/GSGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns."
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited September 20, 2008 11:23:08 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  869
Total Posts:  1795
September 20, 2008 12:06:01 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The movement to the northern gate was uneventful which Alan was happy with, although it bothered him slightly that the area was not guarded.  Either they don’t have the resources for a patrol or they are so heavily defended that they don’t need a patrol thought Alan as he wondered which option it was.

Signalling to the squad, they dropped to their knees and Alan took out one of the sniper rifles to find out how heavily defended the northern gate was.  Damn he thought as he scanned through the vast number of enemy troops stationed on and around the gate.  This is going to be fun he thought sarcastically as he signalled to the squad to gear up with their sniper rifles.

“Listen up” said Alan, “we’re going to take out as many troops as we can with the rifles before slipping inside to take out the power plant”.

The squad nodded in unison as they took up their position and aimed their rifles at the enemy troops.  They’re going to be in for a surprise thought Alan as he checked his watch.    The watch ready 04:59 and Alan watched it, willing the time to move forward.  What seemed like an eternity transpired but eventually the watch moved forward until it read 05:00.  Finally thought Alan to himself.

“Open fire” said Alan as he looked down the scope of his own rifle located an enemy soldier and fired.  All hell broke loose as numerous volleys of blaster bolts lashed out.
Sergeant First Class AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Hellgate Drill Instructor
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  86
Total Posts:  304
September 20, 2008 12:08:38 AM    View the profile of Jori 
“Ok Jester. Get in your AT-STs. You remember the briefing. When we enter the engagement area, break off and head over the hill towards the Vehicle Bay. When we get to the Vehicle Bay, Jori and I are going to stay in Bertha and Bright and Maze are going to stay in Goldie to assist the rest of you, who are going to begin the sabatoge operations.” Kami said after they had been on the ground for fifteen minutes.

Kami dismissed them and Jori walked over to Bertha and climbed in. Deciding to stay in there until they started off unless someone told him otherwise, Jori began to look over the controls and familiarize himself with them. After a while, he heard a noise and looked up and saw Angel’s legs appear, followed by the rest of his body. Kami jumped in soon after and moved to pilots seat.

“Alright. We are about to leave. I trust you know the controls? Good. Let me comm the others and give them the go ahead.” Kami said as she picked up the comm.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
==============================================
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1586
Total Posts:  1920
September 20, 2008 12:21:00 AM    View the profile of Dante 
My vision was momentarily replaced by pure white before the helmet adjusted to the lighting and darkened the feed. Damn suit: even the helmet's not as good. The other RAIDERS are climbed out around me; Snipes is holding a long-barreled sniper variant of the E-11, while Vox has the standard A-280. From what I've seen and heard about that Sergeant Major, he knows how to use it too. Something about him still gives me the creeps, something unclean. It's not his appearance; it's something I can't quite place.

No time to think about that now; Snipes is gesturing for us to move around the hill. The hovervan floats higher as we race around the hillside, weapons ready to fire.

The E-Web's are opening up again, and this time there's an explosion. Shots must have burned through the durasteel plates and hit something vital. Still, the carrier's doing its job: none of the barricaders have noticed us yet.

That's about to change. Snipes clenches his fist, the signal for us to get ready. The Privates make a few last minute scope adjustments, something they should really have done earlier. Vox just looks through his rifle's sight, finger inside the trigger guard. As for me, I just give the PLX a few taps on the side. It's an odd habit, but I've never quite managed to shake it and probably never will. The superstitous part of me thinks it brings luck.

The Platoon Sergeant brings his arm down, and all hell breaks loose. The other troopers empty their rifles into the formation, hitting gunners with bursts of energy. They alternate fire so as to not be forced to reload at the same time. Snipes shoots twice, each shot hitting a trooper in the vunerable neck area. Brilliant shooting ,really, but it's somewhat unnecessary. I sight, then pull the firing lever back. A shaped charge shrieks from my pelex one, turning slightly as it homes in on the largest heat source in the area.

Unfortunately for the entrance defenders, it happens to be the last two E-Webs, set up somewhat too close to each other. There is a flash of light, and the HUD darkens again. I'm really beginning to hate this tin can. Still, I can see the pieces of machinery, barricades, and bodies fly up like a geyser, and I take a moment to watch them fall before following the others in their charge.

"Area secure. Repeat, area secure. Approaching mine entrance now."
TRP/GSGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns."
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  870
September 20, 2008 1:03:20 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Enemy soldiers started falling down as precision shots from the Paladin squad took them out.  The enemy troops seemed to be in a state of disarray as they tried searching for better cover.  Some troops started to scan the area, desperately trying to get a fix on where the shots were coming from.  Those that were clever enough or lucky enough to locate the Paladin squad did not live long enough to inform the rest of their troops. 

Time to move on to the power plant thought Alan as he knew the other squads  may need the support of air strikes and until the jammer was down then they could not call on the air support.

“Who’s got grenades?” queried Alan as he wanted to take advantage of the disarray.  Alan knew that grenades were not part of the standard equipment that Paladin was assigned with and for some reason he had failed to bring any himself but he was confident that at least one of his troopers would have brought some.

“I’ve got some” replied Saphira.

Alan breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that someone had indeed brought along some grenades.  “Use them and bring down that gate” said Alan.  The sooner we get in through that gate then the sooner we can bring down the jammer thought Alan.

“Roger that Sir” replied Saphira as she moved quickly towards the gate.

“Covering fire!” shouted Alan as he looked down the sight of his rifle and unleashed a fresh volley of blaster bolts, satisfied as he noticed several enemy soldiers dropping down.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/SFC AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Echelon/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS]

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2496
Total Posts:  3342
September 20, 2008 1:37:17 PM    View the profile of Angel 
The AT-ST slowly rocked back and forth as it meandered to the southwest towards their destination. "clunk clunk clunk clunk", the repetitive undulating was starting to make feel a bit sick. The sergeant unbuckled and opened the hatch of the AT-ST.

"What are you doing?" Jori asked, as the wind whipped through the cabin.

"It smells like a bantha's nutsack in here, and we aren't to the combat zone yet, so keep your pants on." Angel replied, removing his helmet. Climbing through the hatch, he propped himself up on the top of the AT-ST and observed the landscape.

In the distance he spotted a small hill surrounded by heavy woods at the base, and thinning near the top. Gathering that they were  headed in that general direction, Angel produced a small pair of microbinocs from his scout armor and decided to take a closer look.

It would be tough for the ATSTs to navigate up a slope in heavy woods, and Angel silently wondered why the Lieutenant had decided to send them through the thickets. Shrugging it off as command knowing better than he did, he returned to scanning the tree-line.

Instinct told him that the insurgents knew they were coming, and that they were setting up defenses at their obvious weak points. From the satellite photos ingrained in his memory, he knew the rest of the compound was walled high all around.

Knowing this didn't help his stomach.

Then in the micobincos, he spotted movement in the distance.

"CONTACT" Angel shouted down into the cockpit. "3 kilometers out in the woods. Multiple enemy units." Focusing the bincos a bit more, Angel got a better idea of what they were facing. "Looks like a mechanized unit, possible two or three light armored tanks with support troops."

He dropped back into the cockpit and shot Kami a look. "Roger that" She said, and opened the comlink to the command transport.

"This is Jester lead, we will make contact with enemy troops in approximately 10 minutes."
Platoon Adjutant - StormPlatoon
PA/SSG  Jikkyo "Angel Nimiichi"/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] [IH] [AS-5] {BoA}
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SG Angel/DC-04/Sith/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire [VP:1]

------------------------
"The ability to speak does not make one intelligent" -Qui Gon Jin
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1037
Total Posts:  1849
September 20, 2008 2:19:11 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin sighed as he glanced across the hillside, every now and again seeing a flash of gunfire or an explosion. Every other squad seemed to have already started operations, while Wraith were still stuck in the forests struggling with their mounts.

"It's just the noise, they're calm in a second!" He heard Helena shout back for the umpteenth time, while wrestling the reigns of her Dewback back onto the right track.

Gizmo, despite his somewhat embarrassing name, was doing Kanderin quite proud. He simply hopped from one foot another, holding his head high. Many of the other riders looked on in envy at the calm time Kanderin was having. He wasn't the best rider they had, but at the moment his mount was far more behaved than even their best.

He waved his hand slightly across the Dewback's eye, adjusting the visor of his eye back towards the target, the large mount that had just came into view.

"Okay everyone, control your mounts before we proceed any futher, it could get heate..."

A trio of bolts dug themselves into the ground just short of Gizmo's feet, sending him reeling back onto his hind legs and flinging Kanderin into a tree.

"Kand! You okay!?" Helena shouted, her mount suddenly leaping into action and sprinting over to the fallen Squad Leader.

"I'm fine, just get back!" Kanderin spat back, his rifle already wrenched from his back and trained on the tree he had figured the shots had come from. He saw the movement in the leaves and fired a shot. The figure in the tree cried out clutching his leg, before losing his balance and falling from the tree. The fall killed him instantly, and the sniper rifle rolled lifelessly away from him.

"Everyone find cover" Kanderin spoke into his comlink, desperately trying to drag the terrified Gizmo into a makeshift hideaway of trees.
"Snipers, at least two, probably more"
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
Hassar
ComNet Novice

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  225
September 20, 2008 3:08:27 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
Paladin squad quickly eliminated any remaining forces guarding the door to the powerplant. Kyrus Hassar watched quietly as Saphira planted the charges onto the base of the door.

"Clear." Alan said, although Kyrus didnt think anyone would be stupid enough to stand in the way of the blast. But he kept his comments to himself.

The door popped off its hinges with a loud 'bang', and instantly Kyrus rolled in, taking the right flank. Alan followed suit, taking the left. The rest of Paladin stormed in, in preparation for cover fire. But the only ones in sight were a few scientists, with a look of surprise on their faces.

Kyrus saw a scientist reach under his desk."NO!" He cried, but  before Kyrus could do anything, the scientist's hand had found the emergency button.

"Set your blasters to stun, everyone." came the controlled response from Alan over the helmets com. Kyrus quickly thumbed the switch and shot a few scientists, until they were all on the floor, unconscious.

"The security should be down here any minute now." said Alan. "Let's hurry up and find the jamming device and then head down to the control room to shut down the shields.

Kyrus spotted a map of the fire escape routes on the wall, and he quickly pulled it off before they continued deeper into the complex.
Private Hassar

"So who is our only hope?"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
Combat Engineer
Stormtrooper Corp
Private
TRP/PVT Hassar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE[SRP]
[This message has been edited by Hassar (edited September 20, 2008 3:15:37 PM)]
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2498
September 20, 2008 3:29:55 PM    View the profile of Angel 
"One minute till maximum range" Kami shouted across the noisy cabin. Turning back to her driving, she took a diagonal path towards the hillside, turning the ATST's head towards their target.

"Lay down some cover fire!" Angel yelled, popping the hatch one more time. It would certainly be interested for him to deploy to the ground with nothing but a couple grenades and a hold-out blaster, but he was going to do it anyway. Climbing on top of the lumbering mech, Angel waited for the ear-piercing whine of the lasers to start.

Jori lit up the treeline with all of the laser cannons. Sap superheated and trees exploded sending huge splinters flying in all directions. The second Jester walker turned the opposite direction, opening fire as they circled around. Scrambling down to the top of the leg, Angel leapt off. He rolled as he hit the ground, using the motion to draw his hold-out pistol. He took off running straight towards the treeline, as the enemy troops were forced to take cover under the barrage from the pair of walkers.

An explosion rocked the treeline as Jori squeezed off a concussion grenade. Angel was about 300 meters away from the trees before the first blaster bolt whizzed past his head. Dropping into a low trot, Angel let the walkers do their work while he made his way closer. A twinge in his mind made him dive to the side, as a grenade detonated where he previously was.

Fifty meters to go... Angel thought to himself. Reaching into his belt, he pulled out his vibroblade, and then he was in the enemy's lines.
PA/SSG  Jikkyo "Angel Nimiichi"/Storm/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] [IH] [AS-5] {BoA}
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith

------------------------
specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  110
Total Posts:  129
September 20, 2008 3:59:58 PM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror rode the back of his Dewback horribly, as the creature walked Ror had to hold on tight to keep from falling side to side. "I don't like these things much," He muttered to himself. All the sudden dirt sprayed up off the ground as a couple of slugs went into the ground at Gizmo's, Kand's Dewback, feet. Ror's own Dewback tried to turn and run but Ror kicked it hard with his spurs and it stopped.

Ror scanned the trees as another shot rang off, this time hitting over by Helena. Ror saw the muzzle flash and smirked, "gotcha!," he yelled. Bearing his rife to the tree where he saw the muzzle flash Ror launched a couple or rounds, the round pounded into the tree he was in. Damn!

Gimp pulled his Dewback up to Ror, "where is he?"

Ror pointed to the tree and the two of them let off a volley of rounds. Either Ror or Gimp hit the man because the man screamed and fell from the tree.

Ror rode his Dewback over to where the man fell to confirm the kill. The man layed on the ground grabbing his arm trying to not make a sound so Wraith squad wouldn't notice him, but when he saw Ror coming he grabbed his rifle and shot at him. The Dewback panicked and flung Ror from his back. Ror quickly jumped up and let a roar before jumping on top of the man.

Both Ror and the man drew their kinves and started fighting. The man tore into Ror's arm but Ror stuck him in the leg. Then they were in a dead lock, each trying to press their blade into the other's throat. After a minute of struggle Ror pushed the man's blade away and stuck the edge of his blade into the man's neck.
With a victory roar he stood up as the fighting the squad finished off the ambushers around him.

Soon Kand was calling for order, "Alright squad prepare to move out!"
Hassar
ComNet Novice

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  79
September 20, 2008 4:13:23 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
Kyrus looked down at the map in his hand. Hmmm... it shows that the shield generator is down in the basement... He traced his finger over the map, looking for the room where they could set off the jamming device. And over here on the second floor is where we will put it.

"Sir?" Kyrus said to Alan. Alan turned, and Kyrus continued.

"Seeing as taking out the shield would take a higher priority over the jamming device, we should probably head downstairs first. However, we'll probably meet the security forces on our way back up. That will make it an uphill battle." Pun intended, he thought.

Alan thought it over, chewing on the thought like a bantha would on cud. "Alright," he finally decided. "Let's go down."
Private Hassar

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
Combat Engineer
Stormtrooper Corp
Private
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  356
Total Posts:  535
September 20, 2008 5:14:24 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos had his full kit together. He was suited up in his full shocktrooper armour he'd had to get converted when the squad was changed over to Storm platoon. At Least it hadn't caused him as much trouble as trying to find some armour that would fit him right before their company was being deployed. Orobos jogged away from the armoury. He'd just been walking in as Gates ran past. He now headed towards the hanger. Most of the Squad was already in the shuttle all suited up and ready for deployment.

Once the rest of the Squad arrived they were off leaving the hanger behind, Tadath eventually becoming a distant spec along with all the other planets and stars along the horizon. They spent a few hours playing cards, sleeping or just talking as they approached their destination.

On approach to the planet the Pilot announced that they'd be planet-side in around ten minutes. One last weapons check and they were down. The Ramp slowly opened and they moved out onto the planet. They could see the rest of storm platoon but nobody else in the near vicinity.

The sound of much larger shuttles carrying the artillery into the drop zone deafened them as engines nearly three times as powerful as the ones on the troop shuttles heaved the ton weight through the sky with incredible ease. The squad spread out to secure the ground for more forces to begin landing.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS][SRP]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  872
September 20, 2008 5:33:34 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan didn’t like it, he wanted to take out the jamming device first so that the squads would have access to air support but after the brief from Kyrus he knew that their only option was to take down the shield generator before going after the jamming device.  Hopefully, once we start our assault on the shield generator their forces will be split and we will be facing a reduced defensive contingent around the jamming machine thought Alan.

“Alright” said Alan, finally deciding, “let’s go down”.

Kyrus once more checked the map and pointed towards a lift shaft, “that’s how we get down Sir”.

Alan looked at the lift and as it opened, he noticed just how small the lift itself was.  That’s a death trap if ever I saw one he thought realising that only three people could fit in it.

“Is there any other way down?” queried Alan.  He was not about to send troopers to their death.  Surely the lift shaft at the bottom would be guarded and as soon as the lift doors opened they would be met by blaster fire.

Kyrus checked and rechecked the map before replying “no Sir, the only way down is via that lift, up has various options but not down”.

Damn cursed Alan silently.

“Ok, Kyrus you’re with me.  We will take the lift down, clear out what troops may or may not be guarding the lift and clear the area for the rest of the squad to come down”.

“Just us Sir, surely we can bring more down” objected Kyrus.

“If we bring more down then we won’t be able to get any kind of cover within the lift” replied Alan.

“Understood Sir” replied Kyrus as both he and Alan entered the lift.

Alan cursed and swore under his breath as he pressed the button on the lift and the lift slowly descended.  Weapon raised, he hoped there would be minimal guards.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Hassar
ComNet Novice

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  80
September 20, 2008 6:08:37 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
They stepped into the lift. Kyrus pushed the button marked 'B', and with a slight shudder, the lift took him and Alan down the shaft.

They stood there silent for a moment. Kyrus, absent minded, looked around the small lift. There wasnt much there aside from the floor buttons. He looked up and saw the display that showed where they were currently. His eyes continued up toward the roof. There was a small hatch, used for a fire escape. Perfect.

"Sir," Kyrus said. When Alan looked over at him, Kyrus looked upward. Alan followed his eyes and spotted the hatch.

With a sly grin, Kyrus nodded. "Well that will work, too." Alan replied.

They quickly opened the hatch and climbed out of it. When they were up ontop of the lift, it stopped. From up here, they heard the doors hiss open. Kyrus saw two men in security uniforms step through. Him and Alan quickly shot the two in the center of their heads. Then they dropped down into the lift, ontop of the bodies.

Kyrus looked around. They were in a control room of some type. He saw from across the room a switch labeled SHIELD. Kyrus looked at Alan and said, "Area clear."
Private Hassar

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!"
Combat Engineer
Stormtrooper Corp
Private
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  873
September 20, 2008 6:20:17 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“Nice work” said Alan as he looked around, noticing that those were the only guards on duty.  I knew this was going to be easy, but not this easy thought Alan. 

“Let’s get some charges set” said Alan as he started handing Kyrus some explosive charges.

I wonder just how many guards are up by the jamming device pondered Alan as both of them started planting the charges at key locations around the shield generator.  The charges were low yield so they wouldn’t bring down the building but they were big enough to destroy the shield generator.

“My charges are set Sir” said Kyrus.

“Good work” replied Alan as he started to set the last charge.  Once the last charge had been set, Alan quickly said “let’s go”.

They got into the lift and rode it back up to where they had left the squad.  Upon exiting the lift Alan shot the controls, took out a remote control and pressed a switch.  The building shook slightly as down below in the basement the charges went off.

“Well, that’s the shield down” commented Kyrus.

“Yes it is, and with the lift out any enemy troops guarding the jamming device will be forced to come down the stairs, get ready, I think we’re going to have some company” replied Alan.

With that, the squad took up various positions and waited to see if any troops came down the stairs to investigate.  Alan hoped that there would be a few as he wasn’t relishing an uphill battle.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2500
September 20, 2008 6:24:39 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel's first shot caught some poor unfortunate soul square in the face, filling the air with the sweet stench of burned flesh. Whirling, Angel swept the legs of the insurgent coming up behind him with a vibroaxe. Finishin g the spin, he drove his vibroblade into the man's chest and pulled the blade downward, opening him from stem to sternum.

These guys really are a makeshift bunch He thought to himself. Another twinge in his mind, and he threw himself backwards as a round of repeater fire tore through the air he just inhabitied. The shooter vanished in a plume of smoke as an AT-ST blast vaporized him before he could track Angel's movement.

An explosion behind him knocked the sergeant off his feet as the second AT-ST's concussion grenade struck home on one of the enemy's tanks. Before Angel could get his feet, a laser bolt whizzed past his head, rolling, he gained his feet in time to see another laser headed straight for his chest. The bolt struck home, melting away armor  to hit flesh...then disappeared.

The soldier who fired the shot paused in disbelief. "Yeah," Angel shouted to the man, "You're screwed." With the AT-ST's mopping up the rest of the troops and systematically demolishing the last tank, Angel allowed himself a little fun.

Reaching out with the Force, he channeled the energy he just absorbed and with a quick telekinetic jerk of his hand, snapped the man's neck.

A second explosion sounded nearby as the last tank was destroyed, and a free path to Jester's destination opened.

"Angel" Kami's voice sounded through his comlink. "You alright?"

"Never better boss." He replied, "I'll hoof it from here, tell Star to drop her ground troops here and we'll head for the vehicle depot."

"Roger that, our AT-ST took a few hits and one of the leg drives is acting up, but we should be able to move on." Looking back towards the walkers, Angel saw sparks coming from the right leg, and the walker moving with a noticable limp as it moved up the hill.

OOC:
Just a reminder, no one knows about the DJO officially, so don't write about Angel doing any open signs of Force usage. I only do this sparingly, and to explain some of his reflexes, and when it's clear therer is no one to see his actions.
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith

------------------------
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited September 20, 2008 6:28:10 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Initiate

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  104
Total Posts:  997
September 20, 2008 6:31:49 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
After setting down on planet, the Iron Horse squad had quickly mounted their TrailMaker III Repulsorlift Sleds. They had a long ride ahead of them before they could take up positions at hex 0212. Just over an hour later the squad parked the bikes at the edge of the forest, then proceeded quietly in the dense woodlands to find suitable sniper positions.

"Hayes, Joamer, take up positions on the edge of the forest, settle in for a long wait. I want tactical information regarding the south west gate. Troop movements, gun emplacements, and any mechanized armor. Make it quick, we have a report to send in soon." Giovanni said quietly into the prenight air.

Quickly and quietly Hayes and Joamer took up positions along the perimeter and began an assessment of the situation.

"Two turrets, one on each gate tower, two men on each turret, eight man patrol outside. Looks like, sleds and some speeder bikes, range to target makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Any other armor is under cover or hidden behind the walls." Hayes said quietly into his commlink after he and Joamer had compared notes.

"Glad we got here before night fell, at this range night vision or thermal is going to be a pain to use. At least we got a slightly clear view of the compound." Joamer said so quietly it would of been impossible for anyone to hear two feet away. Hayes only grunted as he scanned the compound for the tenth time.

The light was fading fast, soon every carefully laid plan would go up in smoke. Soon people would begin dieing, soon very soon. Joamer switched off the blue T-screen on his helmet and engaged the stealth systems, very soon now.
Sergeant Joamer Reistlin
"Shuffle up the Wildcards, and deal them."
*HeavyWeapons *
I am what Death fears.
TRP/SGT Joamer/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/
[ES1] [EW1] [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain." "Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  88
September 20, 2008 6:44:12 PM    View the profile of Jori 
OOC:
This is giving Jori’s point of view of the battle.

Jori made sure to shoot everywhere except where Angel was. The other Jesters assigned to ground duty had yet to leave Goldie. The enemy was surging forwards and as Kami swung Bertha around, he saw that Angel was holding his own with a hold-out blaster and a vibroblade. Grinning, he let loose a concussion grenade and took out about twenty of the enemy, most dying from friendly fire as their comrade’s fingers pulled the trigger as they were slung around, spraying laser bolts everywhere.

If I keep sending them flying and they keep pulling the trigger like they are, it won’t be long before we can move on to the Vehicle Bay.

Just then, the tanks moved forward and started firing. As each of the missiles flew towards them and past them with one hitting the leg of Bertha and damaging it, Jori started shooting concussion grenades towards the tanks, noting that they seemed extremely effective.

“Uhhh… Kami? It looks as if the concussion grenades are having an extra effect on the tanks. That means we can take them out quickly, which might just give us an advantage. The Vehicle Bay is supposed to be right over the hill, right? So, they might be expecting this force to hold us off until they can get whatever stuff they have in there up and running. If we hurry, then we can decimate this force and head over the hill and blow them up before they can get some powerful weapon that can destroy us operational.” Jori said, still steadily shooting death at the doomed troops and tanks.

Kami nodded and commed Goldie. Soon, they had blown all the tanks up and were in the process of killing every troop before they could get back to the Bay. As Angel killed the last soldier, he turned and Jori saw a gaping hole in his armor. Hearing Kami’s sharp intake of breath, it was obvious she did too. As she commed him, she started moving Bertha to follow Goldie over the hill. Kami relayed the news of the Angel and the others opting to stay on the ground. As the Vehicle Bay come in sight, Jori became sick to his stomach.

“You see, Kami. This is exactly what I was meaning when I said we need to hurry.” Jori said as he sat in disbelief at the sight that lay before him.
Private Jori Lekrif
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  874
September 20, 2008 6:48:47 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad waited to see if any enemy troops would come down the stairs.  It seemed like none were biting and Alan was just about to order the squad to advance upwards when four enemy soldiers started running down the stairs firing indiscriminately. 

The shots bounced around the room forcing some of the squad members to duck for cover.  Alan, using his blaster, aimed at the nearest soldier and fired.  At the close range, the troopers head exploded in a shower of blood.  The rest of the soldiers were quickly disposed of by well placed shots.

“Do you think they’ll send any more?” queried Kyrus.

Alan wished that he could say there would be more soldiers coming down the stairs as it would make their job a lot easier. 

“No” replied Alan, “they’ll wait to see if any of their squad reports back.  Once they realise they are all dead, they will get into defensive positions”.

“That’s not good” commented Kyrus as he realised they were in for a difficult fight.

“I know, but at least their numbers are thinner now.  Alright people, we have a difficult fight on our hands but we have squads out there that are depending on our success so let us go get the job done” said Alan.

Alan signalled to the squad and they started advancing up the stairs slowly.  Alan wished that they didn’t have to attack a heavily fortified position from such a poor position but there was no other way around it.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  111
Total Posts:  129
September 20, 2008 6:54:03 PM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror and the rest of Wraith squad rode onward with their Dewbacks, Ror looked at his hud display and as they were in the middle of coordinates 0405. Ror looked around at the thick wood all round them, scanning for any more ambushes.

"Okay guys we only only about half a click to a click away from our target, the enemy will most likely be ambushers and snipes so scan the top of the trees." Kand said scanning their fronts.

"If we our ambushed be careful with your Dewbacks they arn't fond of fighting and this is our first run with them so they might run," Helena added as she moved hers right behind Kand's.

Ror nodded even though there was no point as he continued scanning the left. His Dewback still made him sway from side to side so he was having a hard time scanning the forest. One of the others coughed into the comlink and force Ror, and probably others, to tense up for a second.

A slug exploded into the ground in the middle of the squad, forcing all the Dewbacks to run into different directions. All the sudden the air was heavy as blaster bolt flew through it. Ror and his Dewback were forced off by themselves to the left, he didn't see which way the others went.

Ror grabbed his RB-407 and looked around as his tired to calm down his Dewback at the same time. Ror was having no luck finding any enemies at the moment.

This didn't last long as a blaster shot went right over his shoulder causing Ror's heart to jump. Ror turned to the direction where the shot came from and let fly a good 10 second burst. He didn't think he hit anything as his running Dewback caused his shot to fly up, down, and every other direction.

Ror shot his spurs into both sides of his Dewback and forced it to a stop where another shot zoomed past his shoulder. Behind me! He thought to himself as he spun around in his saddle and located his assailant. He let another 10 second burst fly and this time found his target.

As he turned around his Dewback to go find his squadmates he wondered how the others faired.
Verkur
ComNet Initiate

Verkur

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  188
Total Posts:  272
September 20, 2008 7:16:34 PM    View the profile of Verkur 
Verk moved through the decimated tree line, kicking bodies to make sure they were dead, as if the large scorch marks and missing pieces of armor did not already reassure him. Cracking his neck he moved up the hill after Angel. This was his first mission with the returning vet, and Verk liked him already. Breaking the ridge to come to stand next to Angel, Verk looked down upon the complex where the rebels were hiding.

Turning around Verk watched as Maze followed closely behind, and the two mechs lumbered clumsily up the hill, Kami's shaking too much for comfort from the hit it took earlier. Turning back to the area below, and the vehicle bay, verk sighed as he watched several vehicles begin to to move themselves out from cover and into the open, as well as a decent amount of foot soldiers to give the Jesters something else to mop up.

"Well, we better get started." Angel said heading down the hill towards the ground troops.

Checking his rifle, Verk charged after him and Maze following, the two mechs breaking over the hill and letting off a barrage of concussion missiles and blaster fire. The rebel ground troops charged up the hill to meet Verk, Angel and Maze, half of them were cut down down by the cover fire from the AT-ST's, and the missiles exploded nicely off the hulls of the vehicles farther away.

Verk let off a few rounds from his E-11, taking cover next to a large boulder. Hitting several rebels, Verk watched as their limp bodies tumbled down the hill. He watched from cover as the rebels returned fire, and as Angel waded into the fray with his vibroblade and blaster pistol, slashing and jabbing any that came too close. Maze followed Angel, taking care of anyone that got past Angel. Reloading Verk charged after them.
TRP/CPL_Verkur/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[CoS][ES:1C][CoR]

Jester Squad
//StormPlatoon//

"I am required to kill, so I kill" -Maximus
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  89
September 20, 2008 7:37:04 PM    View the profile of Jori 
EDIT: I never posted this, okay?
Private Jori Lekrif
[This message has been edited by Jori (edited September 20, 2008 7:53:15 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1380
Total Posts:  1884
September 20, 2008 7:54:25 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami wrestled with the controls of the mech, a bead of sweat trickling from her hairline down the side of her face. The hit to the right leg of the mech had seemed superficial until Kami had forced the mech through the debris of the first fire fight. It was rough terrain to navigate, and she was not as good as piloting these things as she used to be. It was taking all her skill just to keep the AT-ST moving in a straight line in the wake of Goldie just ahead.

Verkur, Maze and Angel had deployed on the ground, and despite the relative protection offered by the mechs they were still easy targets. Well aware that they could be cut easily be cut off by the forces spilling out of the vehicle bay beneath them, she thumbed her comm,

“Stick close boys. It's going to get nasty again very quickly.”

At Kami's side, Jori spun Bertha's guns about, which were thankfully still letting loose with full destructive capacity. His and Jager's combined fire laced through the ranks of the men moving up the hill towards the mechs, concussion grenades assaulting the bulkier tanks at the rear of the assault group. Quickly taking in the proximity of tanks, Kami realized their risk and activated her comm again,

“Angel, those tanks are coming up way too fast. If they get within range we're going to get slammed.”

“On it boss,” Angel's voice sounded strained, three troopers on ground and two battered mech didn't provide great odds. Her anxiety a tight ball in her chest, Kami let Bertha skew naturally to her right, narrowly avoiding a lethal barrage from a duo of tanks moving in on the wounded mech in a  pincer maneuver.

“Kami, they've locked us off,” Bright had seen the danger, despite being involved in intense fire fight with another tank a few hundred meters away from Kami and Jori's position.

Swearing, Kami skewed the AT-ST again whilst Jori desperately held the two tanks at bay. One took a concussion grenade to the side, the armor denting to absorb the impact before its tracked wheels hit the earth again, stabilizing the vehicle. Cursing the clever design of the enemy mechs, and the bulky make of the AT-ST, Kami attempted and failed to pick out the members of Jester in the blur of battle beneath them. Forcing herself to take another deep breath, she wrenched the controls again, sending Bertha into a dizzying series of evasive manuevers designed to give her boys the time they needed to reach their position.
Sergeant Major Kami Sharpe
Jester Squad

SMKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES][GRP][GS]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  591
Total Posts:  823
September 20, 2008 8:24:17 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK grimaced at the pain that shot up through his leg. He had been hit twice with multiple throwing knives cutting deep; luckily though they didn't hit anything vital. The only problem now was getting up, but out of sheer terror he had grabbed his Dewback's reigns, at least giving him slight leverage. As he pulled up the dewback tried to shake RK, off not helping any.

“Calm down, it's alright.” He knew it didn't do any good.

“RK you alright?” A familiar voice has crept up behind him, startling both him and his Dewback.

Once calmed down he replied, “Fine, just a couple minor cuts.” RK turned to see Specter sitting atop his Dewback.

“That's good, we better catch up with everyone else.” Spec didn't even so much ask if RK needed help, he just pulled on his Dewbacks reigns and headed off. RK didn't mind though, he felt fine, after all this was just another day in the life of wraiths, only this time it was with animals.

RK gritted his teeth one more time and pulled himself up, pain shooting up through his leg, but instead of giving up he just continued. Soon, he was back up onto the Dew back's back; finally letting pressure of his leg.Alright, now the hard part, riding.

He let off a low crack of the reigns and instantly felt the dewback jerk forward, almost throwing him off. “I'm never going to get used to this.”
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP]

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  875
September 20, 2008 8:26:11 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The squad crawled up the stairs slowly.  It was a slow and arduous task but by keeping as close to the stairs as possible gave them the most cover they could achieve.  Before they even reached the top of the stairs, blaster bolts rained over their heads.

Damn it cursed Alan as he knew that they would be cut down easily if they tried to get to the top and they could not see the enemy from where they were.

“Please tell me someone has grenades left?” queried Alan, “Saph?”

“Sorry, all out” replied Saphira.

“I have one” called out Novacaine.

Yes, there is a god thought Alan.  “Toss it, as soon as it goes off we rush up to the top and get into cover” said Alan.

The squad nodded in understanding and Alan prayed that no-one would get killed or injured but there was nothing else for it.  Nodding to Nova, the grenade was thrown.  Alan and the rest of the squad, waited, poised for the run.  An explosion went off, shaking the stairs, several screams were heard and Alan rushed up with the rest of the squad.

Alan dived for cover the instant he was at the top of the floor.  Several blaster bolts singed over him and thankfully he was unscathed.  He glanced around, trying to locate the rest of the squad.  He saw some from his vantage point but couldn’t locate the rest.  He was thankful that the ones he did see seemed unharmed.

Tapping his com he issued one order “let’s kill these bastards and get the job done”.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  809
Total Posts:  903
September 20, 2008 8:28:59 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
He felt like an idiot. Looking up from the holotable, Darr supressed a snigger, but Riq wasn’t as kind.

“Well, don’t you look purdy,” he said, grinning. Arnaut glared at him and readjusted his armor plate. Not plating, plate. Singular. Fashioned after the snowtrooper design, the matte black plate covered only his torso and provided supreme protection for the officer on the go. At least, that’s what the Imperial Officers’ Armory Guide had told him. It’d looked much better on Veers.

He snatched his comlink out of Riq’s outstretched arm, still frowning, and forced it into his ear. Laugh at him, would they. Well, they’d see. When the command center was penetrated by an artillery round in the forward compartment, with minimal shattering of the outer metal – thus reducing shrapnel that could harm Arnaut’s unprotected head and/or legs – but with a large concussive force, enough to crush, say, an unarmored ribcage, and preferably within a two meter radius of Riqimo...oh yes, then they would see. Who’d be laughing then? Not Riqimo, that was for sure. He’d probably be dead. Or...slightly bruised, with multiple fractures. Either way, he would be in no condition to laugh at Arnaut and his silly fitting armor.

The battlefield beckoned. The holotable before him projected the entire area of operations in a shimmering blue, almost mirage-like image. Indulging himself, Arnaut walked two of his fingers across the field, trampling the small, shimmering blue soldiers into the ground. But what was this?

He tapped a few of the controls on his side of the table, and a small, holographic tag popped up next to the area Arnaut had stopped at. Jester Squad.

“Ah, yes,” Riqimo said, noticing the tag that had displayed. “They engaged a little over twenty minutes ago, when you were still fishing you’re armor out of a crate in the back.” He laughed a little at the word armor, eliciting another glare from Arnaut.

“Doesn’t look like they’re doing so hot,” Arnaut commented, letting Riqimo’s jab slide. This time.

“Tanks and quite a few infantry,” Riqimo nodded, “but they seem to be handling, At least, they’re making good time toward their target. Can’t say the same for the Wraiths, though.” Arnaut looked over to where Riqimo indicated on the table.

“Floundering without me,” Arnaut sighed, half-jokingly. “Who thought it’d be a good idea sending them in on dewbacks?” Arnaut asked, looking around the cramped interior of the command center. Darr pointed hastily towards Riq, and it was his turn to be on the defensive.

“Their terrain navigation is impeccable! And they don’t make as much sound as speeders,” he contended.

“Speeders don’t go galloping off into the woods when you shoot at them. Or did you not think people would be shooting on this battlefield?”

“They’ll be fine. Look they’re already reforming.” Indeed they were, bringing their mounts to bear, and moving forward-ish once more. Not quite toward the objective, but they were probably under fire.

If they got killed...well, he wasn’t going to let that happen. He was in the position to make sure it didn’t happen.  The thought comforted him. Calmed his mind, at least. Still, staring down at the holographic blue figures, his hand twitched, subconsciously moving toward the rifle slung over his back, and he felt the strong desire to jump out of the vehicle and join his former squad on the field itself. It would probably be a while, he guessed, before he got used to sitting back when others did the fighting and dying. All part of the job, though.

He straightened his uniform, shifting the armor slightly, and hunched over the table, somewhat sobered. He had a job to do.
First Sergeant Arnaut
PA/1SG Arnaut/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2] [EW1] [CoS]

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"I read another article whining about how much violence is on television...I'd like to shoot the idiots who think this stuff affects me" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited September 20, 2008 8:45:10 PM)]
Jori
ComNet Novice

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  91
September 20, 2008 8:38:37 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori continued to shoot death towards the two tanks, one of which had already lost its shields and was close to blowing up. Jori shifted his line of fire to the damaged tank and was satisfied when it exploded in a burst of flame, taking out some nearby troops and nearly tipping the other tank.

“Alright Kami. One tank is gone and the other one is taking a lot of damage. I don’t know how we can take it out.” Jori said as he continued shooting at the other one.

Jori was forced to stop shooting as Angel and Maze moved into the line of fire. As they moved towards the tank, he switched over to the other tank that was harassing Goldie. He happened to glance over at the other tank and was overjoyed when he saw Angel toss in a flash grenade and Maze jump in after it, closely followed by Angel. They emerged a little bit later with three bodies, which they threw onto the ground. They closed the hatch and the tank swung around towards the other tank and began assaulting it.

That other tank doesn’t stand a chance.

The tank didn’t know which direction to shoot and simply chose to abandon ship. Four soldiers jumped out and began running towards the Vehicle Bay. They never made. Three were mowed down in seconds while the fastest managed to make it right up to the gate before he was killed. Celebrating victory, Jester moved into the Vehicle Bay.
Private Jori Lekrif
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  876
September 20, 2008 8:42:38 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan started to advance on the enemy position.  There were several soldiers dotted around the floor, each under cover.  Alan decided to take on an area where there were only a few soldiers.  Better to take them down one by one thought Alan.  He hoped the rest of the squad would be careful, one stray movement could mean their last.

Sliding along the floor he sneaked behind an enemy soldier who was on his own.  The soldier was scanning ahead of him, oblivious of the danger behind him.  Not wanting to give away his position, Alan holstered his weapon and moved stealthily behind the soldier.  Grabbing his head, Alan twisted violently and heard an audible crack.  The soldier’s body went limp and Alan lay it down gently on the floor.

One down, I wonder how many more there are thought Alan as he looked around for another enemy soldier.  A wooden box beside Alan shattered, pieces of wood flew around him, hitting his face and getting caught up in his hair.  Son of a bitch cursed Alan as he dove to the ground, weapon raised.

His com chattered and Kyrus’s voice came through saying “are you ok Sir?”

“Yes, I’m fine but that was too close.  Can you get a fix on the bastard that has me pinned down?” queried Alan.

“Stand by” replied Kyrus.

Alan waited and heard several blaster bolts before Kyrus’s voice came back through his com to say “you’re all clear now Sir”.

“Thanks” replied Alan thinking to himself that was too close.
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  333
Total Posts:  744
September 20, 2008 8:53:35 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus jumped out of the shuttle, his Samurai Edge at his side and his S-FOX in his right holster. His FSK-7 was tucked neatly into its sheath at the side of his leg, while hiss Stormtrooper Two carbine was held aloft in his hands. Behind him came the members of Blackjack, toting various weapons, all of them ready for combat. Bringing up the rear was Orobos with the Siska Squad Cannon, followed by Sam and Garryll, carrying a Tyrant machine gun and a Starcat grenade launcher. Tanus gathered the squad around him for orders.

“All right boys, here we are. Our mission is to get in there and capture a storage depot. That’s where the dissidents seem to be storing all of their ammo. Once that is done, we’ll meet back here for further orders. Blackjack squad, rack ‘em and pack ‘em!”

Blackjack squad jumped into their vehicle, the Strikebreaker. It lifted off with a gentle hum and sped across the battle field. All appeared to be quiet, except for the sounds of battle elsewhere in the forest; Tanus wished he was with them, fighting alongside his brethren. On the ground, Paladin squad made it through the northern gate, with a pair of tanks and hover-van supporting them. Tanus brought the Strikebreaker to a stop, having it hover 50 meters above the ground. Tanus at the scanners to see how close they were to their target: the supply depot appeared to be about 30 kilometers away, with various levels of security around it. When he turned his sights back to the ground, the tanks and support vehicles seemed to be converging on the supply depot. Tanus knew it was the right time to strike.

He pushed the Stikebreaker to full throttle, shooting over the tanks. He came up on the suppy depot, signaling to the others to get ready. When they were within range, Tanus turned hard to port, giving both blaster cannons and the grenade launcher a full field of fire. Tanus watched as the supply depot was pelted in proton grenades and blaster fire. Retaliation came soon after, and Tanus brought the Strikebreaker back so it could be supported by the tanks. As they started rolling in, missle fire lit up the sky: the rebels were starting to get the picture that this was no ordinary engagement. Tanus smiled – he was going to enjoy this.

SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  2501
September 20, 2008 8:59:07 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Squeezing off the last shot in his blaster, Angel dropped another insurgent solider. "Sithspawn," Rolling out from behind the rock he was behind, he threw the empty pistol and thwapped another soldier square in the face. Then scrambled back to cover.

"I'm empty." he hollered to Verk, who was pouring round after round into the enemy line. "I'm going for the ATs...cover me!"

Verk nodded, then tapped Maze "Cover fire on three....THREE!"

The two troopers popped out, Maze tossing one of his few remaining grenades, Verk laying down a sweeping swath of deadly laser bolts. Darting out from his cover, Angel made a beeline for Kami's AT-ST. Explosions rocked the ground beneath his feet as dirt flew in the air and clouded his sight. Shucking and jiving, he peeled off one of his grenades and tapping into the Force, lobbed it well over a hundred meters towards one of the three remaining tanks. The grenade landed under one of the repulsorlifts as Jori squeezed off a direct hit on the tank.

The grenade detonated an instant before the beam hit, the combined strength overwhelming the small craft as it exploded into a ball of flame.

Cutting to his left, he saw Maze and Verk creeping around one of the two tanks still running. Seizing the momentary confusion in their attackers, Angel dashed towards the same tank as Maze and Verk.

As it swung around to begin its assault on Kami's damaged ATST, Angel leapt on top of the tank, followed closely by Maze and Verk. Opening the top hatch, Angel threw in his final grenade, a flash bomb, and shut the hatch and counted to five. A dull thud was followed by screams, and the three troopers dropped into the tank. Maze and Verk each shot one of the men inside, while Angel dispatched the other two with quick vibroblade slashes to the throat.

"Dump'em and lets get down to business." Angel said, lifting one of the bodies out of the hatch. The other three bodies followed closely behind. "You guys take this tank, and give me a rifle." the sergeant said, grabbing Maze's rifle. "I never did like vehicles."

Hopping out of the tank, Angel shut the hatch behind him and made his way towards the vehicle bay. Time to make things go boom.
------------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith

------------------------
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW I: Games Two Can Play  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:08:59 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 110  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >