Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Typhus

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Viper Squadron: Operation Typhus
Sicario
ComNet Novice

Sicario

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  419
  RE: Viper Squadon: Operation Typhus
June 21, 2008 12:26:03 AM    View the profile of Sicario 
Phineus struggled with the controls, inputting commands and clicking switches frantically as his TIE struggled to stay flying straight, and as he also tried to avoid his seemingly imminent death. This wasn’t the way for things to end. He knew he could do something. But the interior of his TIE slowly turned as black as the deep space sky, as blips began blinking to their death, readouts failed to report, and engines started slowing. The shot had hit him harder than he had thought, not merely a scratch on his wing, but it penetrated deeply, and it seemed he was seconds away from losing complete control.

He was distracted. Something echoed in his mind, as a whisper as quiet and quick as a night breeze. It spoke to him somehow, but what did it say? It nudged him, seeped into his thoughts.

Believe.

Phineus sat there, unsure of his musing. Believe in what? In his skill? In fate? What was there? The engines shut down. The TIE began to slowly drop, flipping and turning like a ragdoll. Was it his time? Had his final actions already been played, and now that was all he was? All he had? The stars blended into the dark background of space, compiling to make one beautiful appearance across his view as he descended into death.

No. This was not who I’m leaving behind. I’m not willing to drift away into death with nothing more than my own pity. I’m not my father. I have honor, and I sure as frak have courage. Phineus chose.

“TK,” he announced through the comm., “Can you gain access to the TIE’s computer? Splice into it, whatever you have to do.” Phineus exclaimed his commands.

TK replied with positivity.

“Good, because I’ve lost control in here and it’s up to you to give it back,” Phineus’ mind was working faster than he could keep up with. “Now listen carefully, I need you to shift all of the energy remaining in both the lasers and the shields, convert it over to both engines, got that so far?” Phineus sped through his spewing, and TK gave him a positive whistle, “Good, now after that, I need you to reverse thrusters, and when I say go, I need you to take fifty-percent of the energy from the engines and supply power my way, got all that?”

TK squealed, he had it all down, and now just had to do it.

“Good, then do it, now!”

The droid scrambled all of its master’s commands, taking energy away, and giving it off to the engines. The duel Ion engines sputtered back to life, gasping for the energy they had just received. The TIE was flying now, but had yet to level out as its nose was pointed downward, but it had regained its strength. TK now fiddled around with the thrusters, reversing them, propelling the TIE wing over wing, continuing along its downward spiral.

Phineus took in a deep breath, and let it out with a single word, “Go!”

TK shifted half of the energy from the engines and converted it into power for the TIE’s cockpit, putting Phineus back into control.

Now it’s my turn, Phineus thought.

Phineus battled with the yoke, while simultaneously flipping switches, regaining the craft’s targeting system, and readouts. Blips popped up in front of him, red readouts displayed trouble, only informing of the obvious. Phineus still had one hand wrestling with the yoke.

C’mon, c’mon Phin, you’ve got this. You know you do; you know you’re able to do this. Now get back up there and show the enemy who’s got control! Phineus no longer wrestled with the yoke.

He put all his strength into it, pulling back hard, and managed to level the TIE out while rapidly ascending as fast as his engines could produce. His view shifted, the stars stopped spinning, and he now had a first hand look at the dog fights up ahead. There were so many of them, all trying to save their own lives, or take those of others. It was truly amazing, disastrously beautiful. His TIE now shot up through the dog fights; ascending right in between two TIE’s going at it. The enemy TIE whom engaged him, nearly killing him earlier, was still closely following, but too slowly. As Phineus burst vertically upwards through the horizontal fight, his enemy soon did as well, colliding with another enemy TIE fighter. Phineus had managed to take another out, but at the sacrifice of his shields, and his lasers. He was practically useless, as he gazed back at the beautiful burst of red-orange and yellow fire behind him. He had hoped that now, after his small bit of help, his fellow pilot’s could take care of the rest of the large group of enemy fighters. He would have to play it safe for now.

“TK,” Phineus said calmly, “You just saved our lives.”

“Whoo.”

OOC: Words- 821
“Phin…you are one odd quack."

Proud member of the Vast Empire Pizza Club -- Treasurer
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited June 21, 2008 12:37:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited June 21, 2008 12:38:19 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited June 21, 2008 12:40:23 AM)]
Hunter-Morrell
ComNet Novice

Hunter-Morrell

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  32
Total Posts:  2071
June 21, 2008 9:17:42 PM    View the profile of Hunter-Morrell 
Frak. I was just getting my hopes up that we would get through the battle unscathed.

Hunter was dodging lasers from the TIEs that were in pursuit of him when Jade commented on the now active platform. They also had a temporary wingmate, Ibram Tyrol, who joined them during the battle. They were backed up by more squadrons, and Jade and Hunter were in Interceptors which ensured that they had a good chance that they would take out a few TIEs without getting shot down. Ibram wasn’t in an Interceptor like Hunter and Jade, but his skills more than made up for it. Even though they had yet to get hit, that wouldn’t make much of a difference if the active platform hit the Imperian again because it would most likely be blown apart and if they got lucky and that didn’t happen, it would disabled. That alone would cripple the whole fleet.

“Jade, two bogeys on you tail.” Hunter said

“I see them.” Jade replied.

She feinted to the right and one of the TIEs took the bait. It flew perfectly into Hunter’s sights and as soon as it did, it was gone. Jade was unable to shake the second TIE pilot, who must be an expert to be able to stay on Jade, who was managing to evade a lock from Hunter, who was flying after them. Hunter was waiting for an opening to shoot the TIE down when he felt weird buzz on the nape of his neck. The feeling intensified into a cold tingling that made his hair stand on end. Somehow, he felt he had to take the shot right about … now. Hunter squeezed the trigger and let loose a volley of fire that completely obliterated the cockpit of the TIE, leaving the wings to spread apart and drift out into space. He was elated, but he just couldn’t get that weird feeling off his mind. What was it and why did it come at that particular moment?

Ahh, never mind. That’s a thought for later date. Right now I have to focus completely on the battle. I can’t let my thoughts distract me or I could be killed. Now focus. Focus. Focus.

“Thanks for that Hunter. Although that near about hit me, I owe you one.” Jade said tiredly.

“No, that’s two you owe me. Remember a while ago, when you asked me to help you pull of the Sandwich and I shot down the pilot who was following you.”

“Yeah. Your right. Now lets get back to the battle.”

An ISD, an Acclamator, and two Neubs were the only enemy capital ships in sight right then, though that was probably going to change soon. They were doomed unless the Golan platform was prevented somehow. It would be a miracle if that happened because then they would be able to move unhampered until the enemy got the other platform up and running.

We have to at least try. If we don’t take it then we’re as good as dead.

“Sir, if you don’t mind. I have a suggestion.” Hunter said.

“Okay, shoot.” answered Ibram.

“If we can assemble a strike team, then maybe we can assault the platform.”

“That’s crazy… so crazy it just might work. That is a great idea Hunter.”

Now all he needs to do is call it in and get authorization. Then we can fly out there and take it out.

(OOC:572 words. I'm getting better.)
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell

FM/LCRW Morrell/Viper 3/Wing 3/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
[This message has been edited by Hunter-Morrell (edited June 21, 2008 9:18:39 PM)]
Arkan-Thran
ComNet Novice

Arkan-Thran

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  50
Total Posts:  53
June 23, 2008 3:00:04 PM    View the profile of Arkan-Thran 
Arkan Flew alonside Ibram and Vaporised several inexperienced TIE pilots. The Imperian and the Thespian were dead in the water as far as he could tell and he cold tell far. Ibram peeled off to join Jade and Hunter to assist in taking out a few TIEs. He rejoined them after the fun and began and to assist the other squadrons. A few new enemy craft appeared and several new TIE squadrons.

"Wow looks like they're throwin' us quite a party out there"Arkan said as the new ships opened fire.

"How far is Shoden behind us" Arkan asked

"A few micro jumps Arkan" Ibram replied

This was gonna get messy. As if the gods were listening in a Golan platform opened upand turned one of the frigates into ribbons.

"Oh Frak" Anden exclaimed over the 'net

Many paniced messages suddenly flooded the 'net with orders going to and fro. Holy Frak this was bad. Hunter and Jade were going on about some boarding action but their was a lot of static backwash. Viper 3 sudenly found themselves swamped by enemy Ties and an unidentifiable class of fighters probably homemade stuff from there forgeries.

"Right boys and girls lets show these amuters how its done Viper style 'we fly, they die' oohrah" Ibram announced over the 'net as Viper plunged into the thickest fighting. Laser fire ripped through the void as countless enemys got torn to shreds.
Arkan Thran

FM/CRW/Viper 12/mSSD Atrus/1W/3FL/VEN/

We dont want to conquer the galaxy,We just want your half
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Sicario
ComNet Initiate

Sicario

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  101
June 24, 2008 1:32:46 PM    View the profile of Sicario 
Boom, boom, boom.

Soft thunders of space fighters firing upon each other, ships being torn into by lasers, bombs going off. It was hell up here in deep space. Phineus looked down as fighters burst into flames, trying to not let the risky pilot come out in him. With the way his TIE was damaged, he wouldn’t stand any chance in a fight. His lasers were down, his shields were gone. He wouldn’t last a minute. Or would he?

Phineus pushed the TIE’s nose down as he descended back into the heat of the battle, and as soon as he rejoined the fight, he already had an enemy engage him. He certainly wasn’t the only one.

“Hunter-Morrell here,” Hunter spoke through the com. He had disengaged from his wingmen to lend a hand to any ally, and had too quickly gained an attacker, “I’ve got one hot on my tail.”

Phineus viewed his displays, seeing HM’s blip not to far from his own. Without lasers, the only thing Phineus could productively do was sacrifice himself, or offer himself up as a distraction. Well, there was always…

“Sicario to Hunter, do you read?”

Hunter confirmed, “I do.”

Phineus hoped that Hunter would be up to the task, what he was about to ask was not something certain kinds of folk would be willing to do. But it would take both of their attackers off their tales, and it would make Phineus not so useless.

“Adjust your path three meters to the right, and keep pushing forward, full speed,” Phineus commanded.

Hunter sounded a bit off, “Hold that Sicario, that path would end up flying directly into each other.”

“That’s the plan, kid,” Phineus said, grinning to himself, letting his smile come out in his speech, “ever play chicken?”

Hunter did not sound too pleased, “With all due respect, Sir, that’s suicide.”

Phineus chuckled a bit, “It would be for an inexperienced pilot. Look, it sounds insane, but my lasers are no good, and if I get shot, even clipped a bit and I become one with death. I don’t look so useless if I can take out two bogeys at once with your help.”

Anden decided to chime in on the conversation, much to Phineus’ surprise, “Sounds noble of you.”

For the first time in his life, there weren’t any emotions for Phineus to hide; he felt quite in control of himself, “I’m just doing my job, you up to it, Hunter?”

It took a few seconds for a response to come, but it did, “Yes. But if anything happens, you take the heat.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.”

The plan did sound a bit crazy to Phineus, and he even heard scared ‘whooing’ emanating from TK, but it would work. Phineus felt it. He knew himself, he knew how good of a pilot he was. He wasn’t anything great, but he could certainly handle this. If not, then at least he tried.

Phineus pushed the TIE to full throttle, although it wasn’t flying quite as fast as it could have. The hit he took wore the engines down pretty well, and they were nowhere near one-hundred percent. But Phineus held his confidence in himself, in Hunter, in his feelings, all close to his mind. He knew they could do it. Phineus found it odd that he wasn’t trying to show off with this maneuver. Showing off had once been his biggest flaw, but now all he cared about was extending, if not completely saving, the lives of his fellow pilots. Some he knew personally, so how could he not care about them so? Some he never met, but if you’re a pilot, you’re automatically in the family, sharing such a strong bond with pilots across the universe. This was the Navy. It was exactly what Phineus wanted when he joined, and it took him this long to realize that. Now was his time to show his worth, to carry his weight. Now was the time to own the skies.

“We’re coming in too fast,” Hunter exclaimed.

No, no this is perfect.

“Negative Hunter,” Phineus spoke, “this is just right. Keep your speed, I repeat, keep your speed. When I say when, you break downwards, I break upwards. It’ll be close, but trust me, we’ve got this.”

Phineus spoke in a strong, leading manner, convincing Hunter that everything would work out as planned. Phineus actually believed that as well. He didn’t second guess himself, didn’t worry, he did nothing but fly. The plan was in its final seconds now. Phineus took in a deep breath, in through his mouth, and released it smoothly through his nose.

We’ve got this, kid.

“Break!” Phineus exclaimed, pulling up hard on the yoke.

As soon as the word came out, Hunter broke downward rapidly, their two TIE fighters coming within centimeters of rubbing cockpit to cockpit. Phineus peered through his back view port, seeing the climatic clash of enemy TIE’s, then being swallowed up by red hot flame.

“Ace flying, Hunter,” Phineus said. He had a strong feeling this wouldn’t be their last time flying alongside each other.

Hunter let out his words, filled with deep breathing, “You too, sir,” Hunter couldn’t help but chuckle from the adrenaline rush, “You too.”

Phineus smiled, Anden chimed back in, “I’m going to go out on a limb here, Phin, and assume you have that grin spread across your face.”

Phineus chuckled in reply, “You know it, buddy.”

“Phin, you’re still one odd quack,” they shared laughter, “it’s good to have you back.”

Phineus ascended once again, needing another break to let his systems cool down. He felt good inside, a sense of pride, but not for himself. For Hunter, for Viper, for the entire group of pilots. They all were respectable. They were Phineus’ brothers, sisters, friends.

Gizkas, it’s good to be back.

Words- 977
[This message has been edited by Sicario (edited June 24, 2008 1:34:15 PM)]
Ryno
ComNet Novice

Ryno

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  59
June 25, 2008 12:47:51 AM    View the profile of Ryno 
Jacen continued to replay the image of the Imperian crumbling in a blaze of orange and white. Never had he seen such man slaughter, thousands even millions of men and women died on that ship right before his eyes; most of them he didn't even know, but he felt like it was his fault that they had died.

Jacen spun the ship back around to get into formation with Anden and fulfiller, as he did he caught a glimpse of a small explosion; fulfiller had taken out the remaining Bombers. Can't blame him, those were comrades.

“Alright, don't lose your heads, we have another....” Anden stopped before he finished his sentence. Jacen figured it out.

“Well it's about time for them to join us.” Jacen commented.

“Better late than never.” Fullfiller said, his voice cracked a little, even through the commlink his hurt was noticeable.

Here we go... Even after the events that had just unfolded, something inside of Ryno was pumping; telling him to move.

“Alright like I was saying guys keep your head, it's not over yet.” Anden said.

“Understood.” Jacen replied.

“Don't worry, I have a score to settle.” Fulfiller replied.

“Follow my lead it's not over yet.” Anden pulled up and did a barrel roll, turning to face the remaining hostile fighters. Both Ryno and fulfiller followed his lead, making sure they stayed in tight formation.

This is going to be rough. Jacen checked his TIE laser levels, they were low, but recharging at a steady pace; it didn't bother him he had time. He was having a hard time keeping up with Anden so he adjusted but accelerating slightly.

“Here they come stay steady.” Fulfiller said; Jacen knew Fulfiller couldn't wait to unload his lasers' on them.

“Piece of cake.” Jacen replied; his finger twitching just waiting to pull it. He had come a long way since the hangar, fear was no longer a factor. If only you could see me now.

“don't lose your Head Ryno, I'd hate to be down one flight member.”Anden's firm vice came in over the private comm in Jacen's helmet.

“No problem.” He Replied. In reality though he was already losing it.
Trainee

PLT/LCRW Ryno/VENA/VE/(=A=)[MC]

"I was thinking humiliation..kinda like how you humiliated me"-Eddie Brock/Venom
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  128
June 27, 2008 10:59:11 AM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
The flight from his TIE made Lukas feel a little better about things after taking out the Bombers that were heading towards another one of their ships. He had hoped to do the same to the other enemy fighters who wanted to end this battle with victory on their side. Looking to the controls, everything was as he had put it, including still having his laser levels on their max. Lukas was ready to blow up anything that wasn't friendly on his scanners. Revenge was mostly on his mind, and he didn't care in the least.

Following Anden's lead, Lukas flew along side Ryno as they gave chase after a squadron of enemy TIE Fighters, heading towards the Twilight Pulse in hopes of finishing what the Bombers had started. Not again, Lukas thought. Not like the Imperian. There were four of them in a tight formation, heading towards the rear of the Cruiser, looking like they were taking aim at the engines. Anden's voice came through the com as Lukas aimed his cannons at the fighter on the farthest left.

"Alright, guys. They're nearing a missile lock, so let's take them down swiftly before they fire those missiles."

"Right," Jacen said. "Nice and easy, right?"

"Exactly." Lukas responded.

As soon as the light turned green, Lukas squeezed tight on the triggers, firing upon the fighter's rear to get an instant kill shot. A smile crept on his face as the fighter exploded in orange and white fire, then two of the same explosion happened as Anden and Ryno took down their targets as well. Only one fighter remained, and Lukas had aimed his sights on him when it launched a pair of missiles at the Twilight Pulse's engines. Lukas's eyes widened as he watched the launch, realizing which target was more important. At that, he turned on his com.

"Ryno, take out the fighter. I'm after the missiles."

"Got it, Fulfiller."

Dumping his laser strength to improve his own engines, Lukas broke from formation and headed straight towards the missiles, not noticing that Ryno had taken out the lone fighter with precision firing. It was good that that was done before any more missiles were launched from it. Lukas sped towards the weapons, aiming at them with a steady grip of his controls and a keen eye. His eyes were watching the fiery entrails that the missiles were leaving behind, not moving those pupils until they were gone. Those missile were outrunning him, but they couldn't fight back. The light went green once more, and with a few good squeezes to the triggers, the missiles were vaporized.

Pulling up from avoiding colliding with the Cruiser, Lukas turned to met with Anden and Ryno once more as he settled into formation once more. "Good thinking, Fulfiller," Anden spoke through the coms. "We need that ship more than ever now that the Imperian is lost.

"Thank you, sir."

Lukas could celebrate later on. Right now, more vengeance needed to be served.
Petty Officer 1st Class Lukas LeNighter
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

[FM][PO1 Fulfiller][Viper 6][Phoenix Wing][mSSD Atrus][1FLT][VEN][VE][=A=][=SA=][MC]
[This message has been edited by Fulfiller (edited June 27, 2008 12:25:50 AM)]
Ryno
ComNet Novice

Ryno

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  36
  RE: Viper Squadron: Operation Typhus
June 29, 2008 3:03:54 PM    View the profile of Ryno 
No Problem Jacen headed for the fighter. It wasn't going to be that hard, at least in his mind;  Although the fighter was weaving hysterically, hoping to lose him. Sorry, it's not going to be that easy. Ryno followed the fighter's movements as closely as possible, trying to keep up. It wasn't that easy, whoever was piloting that thing they obviously did this before.

“I can't get a lock” The blinding quickness of the fighter wasn't making things any easier.

“Hold on, don't rush it.” The muffled voice of Fulfiller rang in his ears, in reality it was just through the comm.

That's just how Jacen worked though, he rushed things. Patience wasn't in his vocabulary, specailly at times like this.

He accelerated his TIE, he could hear the feint screeching of the ION engines increasing. The closer he got the better aim he got, regardless of how much the fighter moved. The only thing he would have to avoid was using missiles; even using lasers would give proximity damage. Almost, Almost. He continued to wait, keeping up with the fighter's every movement, until finally the target reticle turned green. Jacen didn't even blink, he laid on the trigger. Magnificent shades of green erupted in front of him, hitting the fighter, soon it changed. The fighter was replaced by a brilliant orange and red, the scene brought tears to his eyes, as well has his TIE's shields. “Mission accomplished”

Ryno brought his fighter back into formation with Anden, decreasing his speed so he wouldn't pass by him. Fulfiller caught up with them after finishing off the last missile.

“So, what' next?” Jacen asked, re-checking everything, like it was his custom to do after a duel.

“Them.” Anden's voice was serious. Even though Jacen couldn't see him, he knew exactly what he was talking about.
Trainee

PLT/LCRW Ryno/VENA/VE/(=A=)[MC]

"I was thinking humiliation..kinda like how you humiliated me"-Eddie Brock/Venom
[This message has been edited by Ryno (edited June 30, 2008 3:13:48 PM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Marshal

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  503
Total Posts:  1563
June 30, 2008 10:37:18 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Ibram jumped in his seat as something big, loud, and ablaze screeched past his cockpit.

I don’t think I can take much more of this.

It had been 10 standard minutes since Shoden and the rest of the fleet had turn up, and it was already looking like the Battle of Endor all over again. Catching on to Shoden’s tactics, the remaining enemy forces had also micro-jumped into the fray.

The Golan platform had tired a couple more times to fire on the task force, but had missed both times. Whoever was manning them, it definitely wasn’t the crew.

Gods rest their souls.

Ibram brought his fighter about and surveyed the scene. The Suspense was duking it out blow-for-blow with the enemy ISD, which the IFF had identified as the Ragnarok. The two looked evenly matched at the moment, but that wasn’t a good thing – at this rate neither would survive this battle.

The three lancer frigates were protecting both the Twilight Pulse and the two Broadside cruisers. Knowing that it was a distinct possibility that the two Golan Platforms could have been capture, high command decided to send the Thumper and the Relentless along with the task force. Unfortunately, the frenzy of the clash around them meant that they couldn’t get a fixed lock on the platforms.

The remaining Strike cruiser and the two Carracks were trying to keep the enemy support ships at bay. That was what worried Ibram the most. With the Suspense occupied, the three ships were having to fend off two Neubs, an Acclamator, and 3 Tartan patrol ships.

Well…make that two.

“Vipers, on me, we’re going to try and even the odds. Anyone with missiles left, we’re targeting the Tartan’s.”

Slowly but surely, the scattered fighters of Viper Squadron formed up around him. It was then that Ibram realised something. He’d never led a charge before. He’d never really led anything before…

I’m in charge.

That single thought nearly paralysed him. Fortunately, something odd on the radar screen caught his attention.

“Viper 1, please identify yourself. Is that you sir?”

“Er…negative on that, sir. Petty Officer Gage reporting.”

Phineus!?

Following on from the disaster in hangar 5alpha, Phineus had been confined to the brig for effectively abandoning the squadron, pending an investigation.

So what the frak is he doing here?

“Phin…why are you here?”

“Because there appears to be a war on sir.”

“But you were confined to the Brig.”

“The Brig is currently…out of service, sir.”

Ibram shook his head in disbelief. The pounding the Suspense had sustained so far must have damaged Gage’s cell.

“Couldn’t find your own fighter eh?”

“Fraid not sir, I seem to have misplaced it.”

“Don’t be too hard on him Ibram,” Anden cut in. “He’s been busting his balls to help a few of us out.”

Ibram sighed. As much as he hated Gage for abandoning them, he certainly was making up for it. Just.

“Petty Officer Gage, return to the Suspense at once.”

“…Yes sir.”

“And get your ass back here with a working fighter, ASAP.”

“Y-yes sir!”

“And make sure that droid isn’t with you this time.”

“Droid!? But how did you-“

“You’re not being paid by the hour Petty Officer, move it.”

Gage broke formation and headed towards the Suspense. Ibram opened up his engines, and squadron advanced towards the enemy ships.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Golan Defence Platform B
In orbit above Ios

Flint stared at the controls in frustration. He didn’t know how to work the main gun. He didn’t want to know, he didn’t even need to know… but because the prisoners would rather die then do something useful, he was being forced to figure out what the blue button does, and what the flashing red button meant…

Kriffing VE scum.

Flint has had a bad feeling about this gig ever since they’d set off. He especially thought that things were going south when first, they lost contact with Bannth, and then with Yetton.

He had to resist the urge to run for the nearest escape pod.

His comlink beeped.

“Flint, I sear to go if you don’t fire something at those scum soon, I’m going to personally give your head to the warlord.”

“Yes boss, I’m right on it.”

Flint stared at the flashing red button.

Here’s to you, Drakan.

He pressed it.

The lights went out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibram pulled on his control yoke, climbing so that he could escape the explosion below him.

Well, that take’s care of the tartan’s…

Using a combination of luck, good shooting, and even more luck, Viper squadron had managed to take out the two tartan patrol cruisers harassing the flank of Shoden’s formation.

But was it enough?

The Sycorax was flanked on both sides by the two Neubs, and was already starting to show strain. The Acclamator had managed to slip by, and was bearing down upon the two broadsides.

“Golan platform B has gone dark!” Someone shouted over the coms. Ibram looked over towards Ios. The right hand platform had indeed gone dark again, but he could see the left hand one coming to life.

We need a break, and soon.

“Crap! This is Anden, I’ve been hit! I’ve been Hit!”

Ibram jerked round and saw Anden’s fighter, smoke trailing from his ion engines. Behind him, two enemy ties were bearing down on him, closing for the kill.

“Not today lads!”

Ibram watched as Sicario, appearing as if from nowhere, cut across the two bogies from below, destroying one whilst crippling the other.

Ibram grinned and spoke into his com, “You took your time Petty Officer.”

“Well, you know when I said I’d misplaced my fighter? I wasn’t joking…sir.”

Ibram chucked, “Anden, you alright?”

“Sort off, my engines are shot, and I’ve got shrapnel in my leg.”

“Get yourself back away to safety; we’ll come get you after.”

Another signal came in over the Coms:

“Viper, this is Hellas Bomber Squadron. We’re here to support the Sycorax, although we could use some support ourselves.”

“Roger that Hellas. Vipers form up on the bombers. Let’s guide them in.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Golan Defence Platform B

Frak.

Flint pressed button after button, but nothing was working.

Frak. Frak. Frak.

He’d already had an earful from that bastard Hawk, and he wasn’t in the mood for another. If only he could find the kriffing power switch…

“Gah!…you stinking schutta!” He snarled, kicking the control panel.

“Hey.”

He turned around.

“Don’t treat my baby like that.

Whoooomp.

Flint fell to the ground.

----------------------------------------------------

“Come on guys! The Sycorax has lost shields! Faster!”

Ibram was frantically weaving in and out of the Neubs, firing at everything, anything he though might be connected to a power conduit.

The Hellas Bombers had managed to severely cripple one of the Nuebs, but the other one was still going strong. The reaming two carracks were dead in the water, and the Sycorax was losing mass at fast rate…

We need a frakking miracle.

“Golan Platform B is coming online again.”

Oh great…

And then, quite suddenly, the engine section Ibram was flying towards went up in a ball of flame. Ibram had to dive out of the way to avoid being incinerated.

Well…that was unexpected.

Ibram tried to find the source of the unexpected help, and looked over towards the Golan Platform…

…which was now targeting the other Golan platform.

Oh.

“All ships, this is Shoden. Someone aboard the Golan platforms is still alive, and they’ve retaken platform B. We now have a window, a chance to break through. I’m sending the Twilight Pulse ahead with Delta Squadron. They’re going to break through to Yetton, contact our forces there.”

Ibram suddenly felt drained. Physically weary, and he wasn’t sure why. Looking around, he suddenly figured it out.

The battle was over.

The two Neubs were flaming husks, along with the Sycorax. The Suspense was struggling to maintain engines, but it was alive – The Ragnarok was dead. The two Golan platforms were chewing away at each other, whilst the remaining enemy fighters were fleeing in every direction.

We’ve won.

Ibram couldn’t help but laugh bitterly at that last thought. Just what had they won? Ibram let go of his control stick and slumped in his seat. He was tired, he was hungry, and he was fed up.

I want to go home.

His radar started bleeping at him.

Go away.

His radar was still beeping at him.

He looked at it, and instantly regretted his decisions.

Swinging his fighter around, he watched the unfolding events in horror.

The Acclamator, realising the battle was lost, had instead decided to blast its way through the rear formation. Ibram watched as, leaving the husks of one of the Lancer’s and one of the broadside’s behind, it fled deeper into the system.

Right towards two fresh and very lean looking Imperial Star Destroyers.

OOC:
Bit of a marathon this one, and it has some admin to go with it.

Please refer to the Viper Main topic for further instructions
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Warrant Officer 2nd Class Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron
Squadron Commanding Officer
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
SC/WO2 Ibram Tyrol/Viper 1/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
Fulfiller
ComNet Novice

Fulfiller

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  43
Total Posts:  128
June 30, 2008 4:52:42 PM    View the profile of Fulfiller 
Anden's serious tone referred to another squadron of TIE's that were heading right towards them, looking a liitle worse for wear themselves as they spilt apart from their formation. One fighter managed to fire off a couple of cannon shots before the split, one of them striking Lukas's shields as he veered out of the way. Knowing that his shield power was already low due to the switching of energy towards the engines for his last attack, Lukas checked on the dials to read:

===========
SHIELDS: 10%
===========

That's not good.

Adjusting the engine power to increase the shield power, Lukas was about to turn around and find that lone fighter that fired upon him, wanting to incinerate him with some cannon fire of his own. However, the coms lit to life once more as Ibram's voice came through loud and clear. “Vipers, on me. We’re going to try and even the odds. Anyone with missiles left, we’re targeting the Tartan’s.”

That fighter could wait, for the mission was more important than anything, even personal revenge. Lukas smiled as he looked to the dials once more, seeing that he hadn't fired a single missile yet. The Tartans were the objective, hoping to give the Strike Force a little breathing room. Watching the Deltas, Ryno, and Anden start to head towards the rest of the squadron, Lukas followed suit as he preapred to aim his sights on one the Tartan ships. With a flick of a switch, the weapon of choice was now switched over to missile as the sights now offered a beeping sound to the mix. Another switch was flicked to give him the dual-firing setting for the missiles, setting him up for a good round of fun.

Here goes nothing.

As the light went green, Lukas squeezed on the triggers to unleash two missiles towards one of the Tartan ships, his eyes watching with eagerness as he hoped for a direct hit. That was indeed the case as the missiles, along with several others, struck the one ship that he shot at. Within moments of the assault, the Tartan ship rose a bit, then began to fall as its engines had failed. Lukas veered to the left of the ship as it exploded nearly seconds later, watching the fireball grow larger as every bit of the ship was done for. There was definitely some satisfaction in watching an enemy die for a cause, and this was definitely the time to feel that moment. However, that feeling came crashing down with the next message that came through the coms.

“Crap! This is Anden, I’ve been hit! I’ve been hit!”

So much emotion began to ride through Lukas's mind, the main one being anger. Someone takes a shot at my friend? They will pay! In making a hard left turn that would nearly shred a normal fighter, Lukas turned himself towards the two fighters that were behind Anden, only to see Phineus there as well. These two belonged to the same squadron that they met from earlier, and he recognized the one that struck him. As Phineus, the new man in the fight, took out of the enemy fighters, he crippled another one towards the point of retreat. Lukas saw that chance and switched his weaponry back to the cannons, aiming his sights on the fighter. It was the one that hit him, and now, he was going to hit right back. Squeeze, green, gone.

After Ibram checked on Anden's condition, Lukas wanted in as well. "Hey, Anden? Are you alright?"

"I'm good, Fulfiller. Just heading in so they can take this shrapnel out of my leg. Good luck out here."

"You too."

With Anden flying back to the Suspense, Lukas formed back up with Ryno as the rest of the Vipers formed with the Hellas Bomber Squadron in an escort role. The next mission was to help out the Sycorax in its time of need, and they were the help that they needed. Lukas looked to the scanners to see a fleet of enemy fighters heading towards the Bombers, and a smile came to his face once more. Draining the engines to meet with higher shield and cannon fire, Lukas made a play of his own as he looked to Ryno.

"Ryno, we got enemy fighters coming in. Follow in on my lead, so we can give the Bombers some breathing room."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Watch and learn."

Lukas pulled the yoke hard and pointed his fighter upward to avoid any danger so far. He was about to perform a trick that he remembered from his days in Flight School, and this was the first time that he was going to perform it in pure combat. Watching Ryno heading towards the enemy squadron, Lukas pushed down on the yoke to send himself downward towards the scene. Wait.....wait.....wait...... "Now, Ryno. Fire!"

A blaze of green came across from Jacen towards the enermy squadron, sending a couple of them ablaze while the rest stuck with their formation before breaking off. Just as Lukas predicted that they would do. At that, he fired off his own cannons towards the remaining fighters, sending them to their deaths as well. Lukas flew in between the fireballs, rocking him a bit as he went past them. Overall, there was little damage to his fighter as he pointed it back towards Ryno and the rest of the formation. "Great job, Ryno."

"Thanks, I think."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes had passed by since the last attack, and it looked like victory was in order. Lukas looked around at his scanner to see the Strike Force wounded, but still strong. He took a deep breath and exhaled it with some relief behind it. This was a hard-fought battle for all involved, and it seemed as Viper Squadron was on the upside of another win.

Lukas was about to share in some celebratory praise that came from the coms, but his eyes lit up in shock at the appearance of the two Star Destroyers that just came in the picture. The Acclamator that was still active from the enemy forces headed towards the two massive ships. Lukas's sigh of relief turned into a gulp of fear.

This is not good.
Petty Officer 1st Class Lukas LeNighter
Flight Member of Viper Squadron

[FM][PO1 Fulfiller][Viper 6][Phoenix Wing][mSSD Atrus][1FLT][VEN][VE][=A=][=SA=][MC]
[This message has been edited by Ibram Tyrol (edited July 1, 2008 3:13:48 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Fulfiller (edited July 1, 2008 6:48:31 PM)]
Sicario
ComNet Initiate

Sicario

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  135
July 1, 2008 12:07:25 AM    View the profile of Sicario 
I hope he doesn’t hate me, Phineus mused regarding Ibram, and hopefully my actions here will make up for turning my back on him. I was so immature back then, I swear I’ll make it up to my fellow pilots, if it’s the last thing I do.

Phineus bobbed and weaved his TIE throughout dog fights and laser fire making his way back to the Suspense as ordered by Ibram, to get himself back into a working Fighter. The TIE spun down, excelled back up, zipped between lasers, and set its path straight ahead for the Suspense. TK whooed wearily from his cargo compartment.

“Almost there!” Phineus exclaimed with a grin.

This was why he was here. The amount of adrenaline gained from flying with his squadron mates again, taking out enemies with his fellow pilots, almost facing death, now ducking beneath and jumping above laser shots that would had other wise vaporize him. It was such a rush, and Phineus thanked the Gods above for the maturation process he went through during his hiatus. If it wasn’t for maturing, he didn’t think he could handle any of this.

“Um, TK,” Phineus said a few hundred meters out of the Suspense’s hangar bay, “Why haven’t we slowed down?”

TK beeped for Phineus to be patient as he scanned through the TIE’s computer.

“Keep patient?” Phineus smiled wider. It was a bit odd, whenever Phineus went through a rough situation; he smiled rather than worrying about now, “Well, I’m running quite low.”

TK found the problem, the TIE’s engines were so destroyed, that they couldn’t even lower their energy out put, and the internal mechanisms of his right wing’s radiator panels were exposed. It was too late to slowly decelerate now, and braking too fast would break off the solar panels, one of the key weaknesses of the TIE.

“So basically, you’re telling me we’re still screwed?” Phineus shook his head, “Oh, this shouldn’t hurt one bit.”

Phineus did all he could to make the landing less harsh, which wasn’t much.

Well, this is certainly one fitting ending to this Fighter’s day, Phineus pondered.

Phineus angled the TIE to perfectly land, or more appropriately crash, in the vast Hangar bay. The TIE entered the Suspense, it’s wings hitting hard against the durasteel floor. The TIE was angled so that the left wing hit first, and it took in the hardest of the impact, breaking in half.

Tomas is not going to be happy about this.

The TIE screeched along the hangar bay for a few more meters before coming to a halt, nearly missing a few technicians and droids. Shards of glass from the TIE’s cockpit cut into Phineus’ left cheek, his right wrist felt as though it had caught on fire. The pain burned deep into Phineus, but he knew he had no time to take to review his injuries; he had to get back in the air. He had to fight alongside his pilots; he had to make it up to Ibram.

He jumped down from the cockpit onto the hangar’s floor, TK had already wheeled down. Despite all the pain, Phineus still found time for his normal sarcastic nature.

“Another smooth landing, eh TK?”

TK let out some annoyed buzzes, to which Phineus patted his cheese-wheel shaped head.

Alright, now to get my TIE.

-3 minutes later-

Phineus stood there, scratching his head, looking for his TIE Fighter, the one he had flown during Operation Mjolnir. But it was nowhere to be found. TK had disappeared as well. What was going on? TK then wheeled up to Phineus, beeping to let him know that he had found his TIE.

“Sorry, lead the way.” Phineus grinned.

As he prepared to climb into the new cockpit, TK squealed.
Phineus knew he was worried about being left behind.

He thought for a second, “But TK, you have to stay back, I have an important mission for you.”

Phineus was telling a bit of a white lie, but he knew it would make TK happy, Ibram didn’t want to risk the little droid getting injured, or so Phineus joked to himself.

“Oh yeah, TK,” He said after piquing the droid’s interest, “Report to the med bay to check on Tomas, and make sure he gets whatever he needs.”

TK wheeled off, beeping and whistling in excitement. Phineus climbed up into the cockpit, his hand feeling as if he had dipped it into a Mustafar lava river. He winced, tightly shutting his eyes, then reopening them as he strapped himself into the TIE. He fired up the ion engines, the switches were so familiar to him that thinking had become a thing of the past; he now relied on muscle memory. And for him, it’s worked out pretty well so far.

For the most part, the dog fights and laser fire had died down, allowing Phineus a safer travel back up into the battle, but he still kept his wits about him. His right hand however, certainly wasn’t helping. He made a mental note to get it promptly looked at once he got his feet back on the ground. Phineus noticed the two ISDs arriving, darkening the sky with their grey cloaks. It was a beautiful thing to see the craftsmanship of the Imperial design. He also seemed to notice two enemy TIE’s firing on Anden, that didn’t bode well for them in Phineus’ eyes.

Phineus turned the Ion engines up to full power, flying as fast as the TIE could. He climbed through the sky as Anden tried to escape the two bogeys above Phin. Phineus aimed at the TIE leading the attack, in the upper right quadrant of the slower TIE. His sensors beeped, and then turned to a steady droning as he locked on to his target. Phineus narrowed his eyes, and then depressed the trigger. His red lasers landed, destroying the lead enemy, while the following TIE flew right through the outer blast. The combination of the shock wave and the fiery flames horribly crippled the TIE, sending the pilot to eject to a lengthy, painful demise. 

“You took your time Petty Officer,” Ibram sounded.

Phineus butted into the formation, “Well, you know when I said I’d misplaced my fighter? I wasn’t joking…sir.”

Ibram returned a chuckle, and then checked on Anden, whom wasn’t doing well, and had to fly home to the Suspense. Anden chimed out to Phineus.

“Thanks, kid, I owe you.”

Phineus replied, “You’ve done far more for me, I’ll see you when the mission’s over.”

“Do me a favor?” Anden asked.

“Anything.”

“Make sure the squadron gets back home safely.”

“I will.” Phineus said in a low, worried tone.

“Until next time, old friend,” Anden said regrettably, flying back to the ship.

Phineus would certainly miss Anden’s flying in these tough times, and had sincerely hoped he could get his injuries attended to successfully. He wanted, more than anything, to get his friendship back as soon as possible.

All in good time, Phineus thought, all in good time.

Phineus gazed at the spectacle of the two remaining Nebulon’s go down in a blaze of glory, followed by the last of the enemy TIE’s to fly far from the fight. A feeling of relief came across Phineus, he’d now be able to get his feet firmly on the ground, check in with Tomas and Anden, and get his pulsating hand looked at.

This kriffin’ thing keeps pounding, Phineus mused of the pain, what the frak did I do to it?

Then the rumble came. The deep thud of two ISDs entering the battle, side by side. Phineus rolled his eyes, getting himself back into battle mode.

Fierfrek, how much more are we expected to take?

The ISDs looked menacing, and they were in perfect condition as well. With their ships busted up, as well as the pilots who were still around, Phineus began to doubt whether or not they could handle two more war ships.

There’s no time for doubt, Phin, just action.

“Alright men,” Phineus’ tone was strong as he attempted leadership, “Form up on Ibram.”

The Vipers came together in a V-shape formation, Phineus was at awe at how well they all blended together. It truly was like being in a whole new family. Your siblings looked out for you, as you looked out for them. It was a new feeling for Phineus, and he enjoyed it. Phineus was the first pilot to Ibram’s right, and behind Phineus was Aleia.

Phin opened up the com, “Aleia, when we break formation, I want you to stay close to me and Ibram, I'll need you to watch our tails.”

Aleia sent affirmation, “Will do, Sicario.”

“Arkan, Mira, you two are wingmates, same goes for Ryno and Fulfiller,” Phineus felt positive about the situation all of a sudden, “Stay close and keep on the Com. Let’s take it to these banthas.”

Words- 1,484

OOC:
To those who will be posting, don't post in reply to mine until the end of your post or until Ibram posts. The end of my post, with us all forming together, is basically a continuation of Ibram's post, so just write in what he suggested, and save forming up for the end. Questions? PM me.
Blue-Leader
ComNet Cadet

Blue-Leader

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  279
Total Posts:  1594
July 2, 2008 7:05:00 PM    View the profile of Blue-Leader 
Yetton System Space
Currently Battling Unknown Warlord Forces

The Lobo, the Dreadnaught-Heavy Class Cruiser glided in unison with the other Dreadnaught-Class Heavy Cruiser the Serenity. Victory for Task Force: Iron Sweep seemed imminent as laser fire bounced off of the two remaining CR-90 Corellian Corvettes, but that all stopped. Two ships that Bacredi identified as the Amaranth and the Thresh jumped out of hyperspace. The Serenity didn't have time to respond, and suddenly the Lancer Frigate Thresh made a head-on collision with the Serenity, and now the Amaranth made way for the Lobo. Images danced before Bacredi's eyes as the Amaranth collided head-on with the Lobo, the two vessels of the same make were turned into debris in mere seconds. COM chatter could be heard between the Captain of the Lobo and the Captain of the Serenity. The Serenity was now in charge, and Bacredi began to fly his TIE fighter back to the CR-90s.

"This is Aggressor Leader, we are forming on your six Kaph Squadron." Aggressor Squadron's TIE/Ln Interceptors flew speedily behind Kaph Squadron, they adjusted their speeds to match Kaph's TIE/Ln Fighters. The two remaining CR-90s didn't like the approaching pilots and began to fire away, screams were heard through Bacredi's COMlink as pilots were hit by the laser fire. And their screams were hushed a second later by other voices. "We are coming around." The two Squadrons split paths, Aggressor Squadron headed left and Kaph right. If Kaph had gone the way Aggressor had gone they would of surely been hit, their TIEs were slower and more vulnerable.

"Attack Pattern Jester," C-3PX2 spoke the words through his COM, it came out on eleven others. Kaph Squadron's TIEs moved towards the more distant CR-90, on approach the flights split-Flight One moved for the rear, Flight Two aimed for the guns, and Flight Three went for the shields-the Ion Engines screeched as Flight One made its approach to the CR-90's rear end, the 11 engines of the CR-90 blazed red, and Kaph fired on approach. The green streaks from the TIEs went in unison towards the engine, a second later the laser fire impacted and the ship's guns turned towards Flight One.

"Scoohoahwhrr ahwh wwoorc rawhooaoacworc akracc, wwanahrracao aoacrcwowo oaoohoworc oohurc wocoaraakwo." StOrMz' spoke in clear Shyriiwook, and it translated onto Bacredi's console and inside his brain as: "Moving in for another pass, flight three cover our escape." Bacredi swerved his fighter to avoid laser fire just in time to see Flight Two fall into formation and then move in a straight line towards the CR-90, reaching it in mere seconds they all fired and pulled out, Flight Three circled the CR-90 effectively keeping the turrets off of Flight Two. "Wwanahrracao aoohoo, wwraanan ahwhaooo wwoorcscraaoahoowh ohahaoac wwanahrracao aoacrcwowo." Bacredi translated it again: "Flight Two, fall into formation with Flight Three." Bacredi watched again as Flight Two executed their orders perfectly, moving into formation with Krius' flight.

"This is Kaph 9, we just lost the Lancer Frigates!" Krius was damn right, the Lancer Frigates were now a heap of debris in the middle of Yetton Space. Enemy Lancer Frigates had moved in on them, and stealthily destroyed them. The Serenity pushed her engines ass over teakettle to engage the enemy Lancer Frigates, followed by the rest of Task Force: Iron Sweep and her counterparts. Awestruck, Bacredi turned his fighter around and headed for the Lancer Frigates. Followed by Aggressor Squadron and Kaph Squadron.

“All VEN Fighters, return to ships immediately. Disengage and Return to Base Ships.” A voice Bacredi recognized as the Serenity's COM Officer told the task force. Bacredi wondered by those sob's were being allowed a 'get out free' card, but he had to follow his orders. He turned his fighter 'round and headed for the Serenity. A moment later he had connected with the docking vents, and was getting out the hatch. The gleaming white hanger was filled with several escape pods, and Medics surrounded almost all of them. People, both alive and dead were getting out of the pods, either on their own or with help. Bacredi then stepped onto the ventral shaft, and began to walk to the briefing room.
[FM][Senior Crewman Zhar Bacredi][Viper 8][Phoenix Wing][mSSD Atrus][2nd Flight][VEN][Vast Empire]
[=A=][MC1]

Viper Flight Two, Viper Eight
Viper Squadron, The Third Starfighter Group
We Fly, You Die

Zhar Bacredi's Wiki
Ryno
ComNet Novice

Ryno

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  40
July 4, 2008 3:44:01 PM    View the profile of Ryno 
This wasn't what Ryno had expected, it was like a bad nightmare coming to life. Anden was out of the fight, leaving Fulfiller and him to fight, it wasn't that bad though after their last performance; Ryno actually felt a lot safer. The bad thing though was that two new Capital ships had just entered the battle zone, and they were definitely not friendly.

“I don't like the looks of this” Jacen said over the open channel, hoping everyone heard it.

“Neither do I, but we have a job to do.” Fulfiller replied, Jacen could still tell that he was looking for revenge.

“Alright understood, forming up.” Jacen pulled his fighter up beside Fulfiller, he could feel the G's pulling him hard.

Regardless of what Fulfiller had just said, the nightmare continued. In a matter of minutes fighters would pour out of those Capital ships. Great the Survival of the raming Capital ships on our side depends on a handful of fighters, just great. He wasn't a fan of odd, after all the odds where never with him, but at the moment it didn't look good.

If only he could wake up, but it was real, everything that had happened. There was no waking up, he ws going to have to finish this. He had a duty, and he was going to finish it. I've failed you before, but I won't fail again.

“Hold on, Ryno, this is going to get rough.” Fulfiller said.

“Yea, I figured, what gave it away, the dots coming out of that Ship?” Jacen was being sarcastic.

“Just hang in there.”

I hate Nightmares Jacen thought glumly, waiting for further orders. He felt trapped, with no escape, floating in the vast area of space. Which is exactly what was going on, only he could do the alternative and flee back to the ship. Yea, that'll show them who's boss.

“Alright men,” Phineus' tone was on the verge of attempted leadership, “Form up on Ibram.”

Jacen followed Fulfiller's lead, pulling on the yoke slightly, putting the TIE in the formation as easy as possible. He just imagined what the site would be like to those watching this un-fold, It made Jacen feel like he was the hero in a Holo-movie. We are Black Stars; striking without warning, killing without mercy. It was moment's like these that Jacen felt alive.

“Arkan, Mira, you two are wing mates, same goes for Ryno and Fulfiller.” Something in Phineus's voice brought hope to Jacen, a positive feel, “Stay close and keep on the Com. Let's take it to these banthas.”

“You hear that Fulfiller, let's do this.” Jacen felt the night mare lift, this time it was the enemy who would be wishing they could wake up, but meeting the same fate, death.

“I heard it, get ready.” Fulfiller's voice came back over.

Kill without mercy...

OOC:
489 words, not exactly a page, or 500, but it's longer than any other post I have done so far.
PLT/SCRW Ryno/VENA/VE/(=A=)[MC]

Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Marshal

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  528
Total Posts:  1563
July 8, 2008 7:08:03 PM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
From:  Coreward bound: A History of the Vast Empire by Dax Zavith. c. 50 ABY

“…Ultimately, the Second Battle for Ios was a victory for the Vast Empire. But this victory came at a price. The task force had been decimated, the instillations at Ios ruined, and there was now a huge gap in the eastern front. The Drakan crisis had lived up to its name.

Ios would remain a mystery to tacticians for some time after the incident. The official reports stated that, at the very end, two new Imperial-class Star Destroyers entered the system. It was assumed they were part of Drakan’s fleet, and that the warlord had sent reinforcements to continue the push into VE space.

It’s unclear however as to what happened. All that is known is that, upon the arrival of friendly reinforcements from Yetton, (Including the infamous Kaph Squadron.) the two ISD’s left.

This had analysts puzzled, as combined the two ISD’s had more then enough firepower to wipe out what was left of the fleet. The truth would not be revealed for some years though, and it wouldn’t be long until the eastern front was at war once more…”

OOC:
Sorry for a bit of a lame ending, but this was a bit overdue, and i didn't have time to do it properly. Consider Typhus officially over.
"I'm no Physician, but there appears to be a dagger through my chest."

- Innocence is the cost of Justice

Warrant Officer 2nd Class Ibram Tyrol
Viper Squadron
Squadron Commanding Officer
We fly, you die

-----------------------------------
VEN
SC/WO2 Ibram Tyrol/Viper 1/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}/[NER]

VEEC
Ibram Tyrol/WS Ibram/Lotaith/VET/VE
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Viper Squadron: Operation Typhus  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:14:41 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 155  |  Bots - 3
Fury

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >