Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Vacation on Endor or is it...?(Paladin&Iron Horse)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  Vacation on Endor or is it...?(Paladin&Iron Horse)
Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  188
Total Posts:  203
  RE: Vacation on Endor or is it...?(Paladin&Iron Ho
July 9, 2008 12:57:07 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris began to smile as Saph grabbed his sides. "Listen, I know you've got a drink in you, but please, I'm not that good looking." Fenris said as he laughed.

Saph's anger was palpable, her natural musk blending in with the smell of the forest became intoxicating, and it was getting harder to maintain the speed at which Fenris was going at.  He began to slow down, and he could feel Saph jabbing into his side with a strange foreign object. 

"Can I help you?" asked Fenris as he got off the bike.  Saph wasn't impressed, and she was, if anything, fuming with anger.  "Oh please, in the months that I've known you, you've never been this angry.  Honestly, what is it that keeps you getting angry?" asked Fenris, still smiling like he always did. 

"It's the way you think you can talk to me the way you do." barked Saphira, a brief wind sweeping by to rustle the leaves and hit Saph right in the face, making her hold her hands to block it from getting any debris in her eyes. 

"Oh come off your high horse Saph.  You know just as well as I do that you and I are never gonna change.  I'll keep talking to you like you are in fact a friend of mine, I know it's hard to believe, but yea you are a friend of mine, and you'll keep "pretending" to be angry at me, when really, all you want to do is drop the charade and give me a hug...or at least crack a smile." said Fenris, extending his arms.  Saphira did in fact smile, which was followed by a quick backhand to Fenris's face. 

"You ever say that to me again, it'll be my boot to your face, and my gun to your throat." said Saph.  Fenris quickly rolled away, jumping up to his feet. 

"Ah..a smile.  Nice backhand by the way.  I think I'm bleeding." said Fenris, checking his cheeks to see if he was in fact bleeding.
Iron Horse

Faithful To The End

TRP/PFC Fenris/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

"Who is the fool? The Fool or the Fool that follows him?
You think you can control chaos, monkey?

Home is where the armor is
specter1000
ComNet Novice

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  96
Total Posts:  129
July 9, 2008 9:02:27 AM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror finally reached the eastern edge of the resort and smiled, not realizing that the guard had givin him the worng direction to go becuase of the bribe Malix had givin him. "Oh my god I am here first, sweet!" Ror looked around at the area, there was trees about 500 yards out of the edge and it got dark in there about another 500 yards. Ror smiled, so its just flat land with trees, "This ot to be easy, but first lets go set up some traps."

Ror drew the shovel he had rented and started to dig a hole on the forset edge. once he got about 5 feet deep and 3 across, which takes an hour, he made two more about 50 paces apart. Finally once he was done with the three holes he cut branchs down and made a sharpened spike with his knife and drove them into each hole. He finished by covering them up with what he could find, satisfied that his traps were done he went to the cantinea that was near by and got a canteen filled with light alchol and returned to the edge. He got to where he had put the center trap, noted by rocks on each side of them, and climbed the nearest tree.

On a tree branch about 8 feet up he drew his blaster pistol that he put to the side, stuck his knife in the branch and laid back with his canteen popped open and waited, "haha that fool Malix probably has no clue whats he is doing, he should of thought to go to the sercurity guard like I did ha!" Ror sadly did not realize that Malix had and had out smarted him.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...
TRP/CPLspector1000/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [CoS] [EW:2]
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  1316
Total Posts:  3440
July 9, 2008 11:04:39 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
OOC:
Alright everyone, just a little something from me. I apologise for not posting, I don't get much time when I'm at my mother's on the comp itself (can't wait to get my laptop!). I'll write in a post Friday , and just to let everyone know, this story will be going on until the Competition starts.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  479
Total Posts:  1385
July 9, 2008 3:50:48 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"You ever say that to me again, it'll be my boot to your face, and my gun to your throat." said Saph.  Fenris quickly rolled away, jumping up to his feet. 

"Ah..a smile.  Nice backhand by the way.  I think I'm bleeding." said Fenris, checking his cheeks to see if he was in fact bleeding.

Saphs hand stung, but it felt good. Almost like a drug she coudln't get ride of as Fenris pulled back his hand. His fingers covered in a bit of his blood as she smiled.

"Guess you are...:"

She replied as Fenris  gave her a strange look before dodgeing them around a tree. His hand reached back and he wiped it on the side of her face .Feeling her stiffen he laughed.

"Why don't you try it..."

Fenris  smarted back as he  picked the speed back up and lead them threw the woods. He had an idea where to take her. Far away from the others. Fenris hoped he could truly make her relaxed and have some "real" fun that didn't involve killing or beating someone up.

The whole time he sped on it took a moment for Saph to compose herself. She could feel the wind drying the blood to cake on her face. Somethgn she found... odd. Either way shed have to wash it off when they got to wherever he was taking her. The idea that she wasn't th eone in charge for th emoment was unsetteling at best.

Note to self.. Never let Fenris drive again..

She thougth outloud as  Fenris  sped on. Her Lek'ku flickered as she pressed herself forward to say somethign to him.

"Where are we going?"

Fenris  was suprised when she had pressed ehrself forward. It almost ached as he felt her chest press to her back.

"You'll see.. And w-"

He shut his mouth. No way was  he going to let her know he was taking her to a place where she couldnt  just walk back.

TRP/SGT Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

DI/SGT Saphira Striker/STC Academy/Dreshda/Tadath/VEA/VE

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Ken Alibek
ComNet Initiate
Imperial Baronet

Ken Alibek

Post Number:  158
Total Posts:  199
July 10, 2008 12:06:38 AM    View the profile of Ken Alibek 
Brock and Ken continued exploring the forests for a few hours, irritating the hell out of a nearby Ewok village. Eventually, the horizon grew orange and the sun began disappearing over the horizon. The troopers decided to call it a day, and head back for some refreshment. Ken checked his compass, then indicated the starport to Brock with a wave of his arm. The pair sped back to that bastion of half-civilization. Ken let out a long and loud whoop of exhilaration, and Brock just grinned as he glanced over at his squadmate.

The two reached their destination as the sun finally set, slowing to a stop and hovering as they entered the town itself.

"That was great, Brock. Sun's going down now, so what do you wanna do?" Ken asked.

Brock thought a moment, then replied, "Why don't we go to the cantina, grab a few drinks, and find out what everyone else did?

Ken thought it was a good idea, so he nodded and steered the bike towards the hotel cantina. Even in the evening, the speeders' headlights shone on almost empty streets. Of the handful of people on the planet, very few of them could be found on the streets after the sun went down. Even the irritating Ewoks were home in their tree villages, banging rocks together, or doing whatever they do in their free time.

Ken sighed as he cruised down the road. "Kinda frustrating having to go so slow now, isn't it?" he asked.

Brock shrugged. "I guess, but it sure beats walking." Brock looked over at one of the brightly-lit signs across the street. "Hey, there's a restaurant. Wanna eat there? I'm sure it's better than the cantina food."

Ken nodded and crossed over, turning around and parking. "Absolutely. I'll get the bill this time."

Brock began to protest, but Ken wouldn't be denied. "You paid a hell of a lot for the speeder rental, so I'll be offended if you don't let me buy chow." Ken drew himself up, straightened an imaginary tie and argued with feigned arrogance: "Besides, I'm a Senior Ser-"

"Shaddup," Brock chuckled. "I'll let you buy."

Ken laughed, and the two brothers-in-arms entered the restaurant.

Senior Sergeant Keneka Alibek
Trooper, IronHorseSquad
TRP/SSG Ken/1SQD/1PLT/1CO/1BN/1RGT/Tadath/VEA [EW2]
VE Wiki page
DoomBlade
ComNet Novice

DoomBlade

Post Number:  39
Total Posts:  46
July 10, 2008 3:21:31 PM    View the profile of DoomBlade 
Malix laid in his dugout perfectly still for several hours. He relaxed and held his blaster pistol accross his stomach waiting for his prey. Of course his mind wandered.

"Your being a bastard like usual. You haven't exactly had a warm reception into this outfit, but then again it's not like your going out of your way to be civil either."

The trooper sighs softly as the truth becomes a little more evident.

"You might have been the hotshot hero in Compforce, but here you have to prove yourself all over again. Which means when you go out on a mission YOU will have to show THEM your on the same side."

His thoughts are interupted as the forest sounds go still. He listens intently noticing the birds, and even the crickets have stopped chirping. Several moments pass and he lays motionless in wait for something to happen. Finally a shadow crosses over his hole, and large teeth sink into a large slab of discarded meat. The cat lifts his head and peers into the night. Instinctively he knows he's being watched, but he can't pinpoint the location.

"That's right kitty kitty...look over there..."

Malix inches the blaster barrel through the blind, and fires a point blank shot into the cat's belly. The impact of the bolt lifts the cats hindquarters into the air and he falls in a heap near the camoflaged hole.

"Careful...."

The trooper inches his way out of his hole and cautiously approaches the dead animal. He rolls the cat over with his foot and pulls his knife. Ror arrives on the scene several minutes into the skinning process. Malix looks up with a grin.

"Where have you been?"
TRP/PFC DoomBlade/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
specter1000
ComNet Novice

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  97
July 10, 2008 4:11:50 PM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror sat up in his tree post for what seemed like hours. There was no movement any where near him and Ror was confused, had he not gone to the right place? Ror started whisleing a tone about an hour into the wait and his voice soon grew tired.

Suddenly it dawned on him, the kitchen worker was going west with the meat scarps not east like I was.....DAMN YOU MALIX!

Ror jumped down from the tree and quickly broke down his traps so no one would step in one once he left. He gathered up his things and hiked over to the West side of the compound. There he found Malix skinning a cat, "Where have you been?" Malix asked innocently as he looked up at Ror.

"Hahah very funy you cheater!" Ror accused frowning that Malix had been sucessful.

"How did I cheat?" Malix asked stopping skinning too look up at Ror.

"Paying off that guard to mislead me thats how." Ror said a matter-of-fact voice.

"When did we put that in the rules," Malix asked shurgging.

Ror blunk twice and paused, "you ass hole!" he turned and started to walk toward the compound not letting Malix get any jeering in.

Wait I share a room with him! Nooooo

DoomBlade
ComNet Novice

DoomBlade

Post Number:  41
July 10, 2008 4:30:10 PM    View the profile of DoomBlade 
Malix whistles sharply at Ror to get his attention. Of course he looks upset as he turns and fixes the new trooper with a glare.

"Answer me this Ror..." Malix says looking back to his kill. "Would you have respected me if I didn't do whatever it took to win?"

The Ithorian bristles a bit and seems to mull over the question. Before he can think about it too long Malix looks up with a stern look.

"Of course you wouldn't. If I'm not willing to do whatever it takes to win, then how are you supposed to trust me with your life in a fight?"

Ror nods.

"You might have a point..."

"There is no might.." he interrupts. "You know I'm right, and now you know how far I'm willing to go to win and stay alive." Jearen points his knife at the dead cat. "I have alot in common with this guy. We both will rip into whatever enemy we must to stay alive. Thing is he's a lone predator while I'm a member of a pack." Malix looks up. "That means I have to protect the pack as well...and you needed to know I could." Jearen points his blooy knife at the resort. "They also need to know, but your the one who learned first, and I can tell aside from all that bluster some of your questions have been answered."

Malix wipes the blade and sheathes his knife. He then picks up a long branch and puts it near the animals feet.

"I'll let you slide on the creds if you help me hump this heavy bastard back to the compound."
specter1000
ComNet Novice

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  98
July 10, 2008 6:46:49 PM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror smiles and walks over to the animal and heaves up the lower half as Malix gets the upper half, "Though the thing is you won't be fighting a lone animal on the field it will trained troopers as well as we are with rifles and weapons that are as good as or match our own. This doesn't prove you can protect the pact but it does prove that you are resourceful and have some degree of skill Malix. The time to prove your worth to the pack will only be on the field and no other place I am afraid."

They lugged the thing back to the hotel and went behind it to the grilling area and Malix started to cut up the meat silently. By the time the meat was cut up the tension and thoughts of the talk before getting there were gone and Malix and Ror were back to their teaeing of each other. "Now that was a good trick I suppose CompForce but I can't wait to see how you do on an actual battlefield."

Malix laughed, "CompForce, is that my new nickname?" Ror nodded, "Well I bet on your last mission you went off and cowered while Lucky and the others fought the guys."

"No I was the guy going up a head and getting blasted at every defended corner, scouting sucks my friend.!" Ror repiled with ethusiasm. They both laughed at Ror's comment.

Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  190
July 10, 2008 9:04:23 PM    View the profile of Fenris 
Fenris began to smile.  He wasn't sure why, but something in the air had to be making him feel strange.  It was as if electricity was in the air.

"We're here." said Fenris, as he looked across a small lake next to a cave.  It was really tranquil, sort of peaceful.  The place Fenris would've lived if he didn't go into the Military, into the game of Death.

"Not really much to do." said Saph with a frown, kicking a pebble. Fenris clenched his fists, and calmly cooled himself down. 

"Are you always...so...so..." stammered Fenris.

"So what?" retorted Saph.

"So Nihilistic? Seriously, how come everything has to be about Death and Flames with you?  Honestly...do you ever just sit, think, hell maybe meditate, or hell bathe quietly wondering why you were created? I don't get it with you.  Did someone drown a bag of bantha's in front of you when you were little?" said Fenris, walking in circles around Saph, exuding pheromones at an impressive degree, hell even he liked himself.

"No...nothing like that, you know why I'm like this." said Saph.  Fenris nodded in agreement. 

"I know...I know...and I've tried to be like you.  In the few months that I was absent, I tried.  Really, I did.  I even installed a cybernetic implant in my brain to shut off all emotions when needed.  It makes me like a droid but with instincts.  I have that, and I still can't imagine why you don't ever smile.  I haven't seen you smile since Draco..." said Fenris, clenching his fists at that name.
Iron Horse

Faithful To The End

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  481
July 10, 2008 10:24:14 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
THe name of Draco made her tense as a breese picked up in the air. Her eyes almost narrowed into cold slits as she took a step forward towards him.

"Draco is dead..."

Saphira replied with venom in her voice. The zabrak was trouble and had caused  hell in the end. He was a fighter and that was what she liked. What happened.. that was something she tried not to think of. So, she did as always when she  wanted to not feel or remember certian things.. Lock them in a timny  durasteel cage in the back of her mind to rot.

"Never speak of him again..."

Fenris  only blinked.

"Uh.. Sorry...."

She brushed past him and looked around. Anger seethign for a moment as she tried to not hide the fact that she was starting to enjoy the trip. Her eyes blinked a few times before hse turned around and looked to his  new ride.

I know I am going to regret this.. but...

With a fast movement she  brought out her  side pistol and  she  at  it. Hitting the ctntrols to make them useless.

"What the frack Saphira!!!"

Fenris shouted as she  gave him a glare.

"That was for the BS you pulled back in the town.."

As the smoke rose  Fenris gave her another look. One she couldn't exactly read.

"You do know that its a long ass walk back..."

Saph shrugged.

"I don't care.."

Fenris rolled his shoulders. A least she didn't blow it up. They had some food and clothing in the packs on the side. Clothign that wouldn't  suit  her as far as them being  baggy on her. Besides, eventually  he could call for someone for them to find them. They did after all have a few tracking devices and could live off the land.

"Or are you trying to be alone with me?"  Fenri grinned.

"You wish..."

Saphira Striker
ComNet Member

Saphira Striker

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  482
July 10, 2008 10:24:56 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC: Sorry.. double post

[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited July 10, 2008 10:25:38 PM)]
Fenris
ComNet Initiate

Fenris

[VE-VEEC] Columnist

Post Number:  191
July 11, 2008 12:31:06 AM    View the profile of Fenris 
"Oh, I do.  Cause I'm that transparent." joked Fenris, walking ahead of Saphira.  He began to play with his arm, programming in their coordinates and everything that he thought would be necessary.  A nice little hum went off as he finished.

"What was that?" asked Saph, drawing her pistol again.

"Just a shield, figured it be better if we had some sort of protection.  Other then a pistol or a rifle.  Ya know, my fairy dust and contraptions at work." smiled Fenris, stopping to crouch to the ground.

"What?" asked Saph.  Fenris just rose his finger to indicate be quiet.  He began scanning the ground, once with his eye, then with his cybernetic eye. 

"Ewoks...and other natural fauna." said Fenris. "Ewoks aren't that far away, but they aren't the nice, gold droid worshiping kind.  They're warlike in nature." said Fenris, drawing his rifle.

"Ah...so you do see things my way on occasion." joked Saph.  Fenris smiled.

"Wow...a joke..."
Iron Horse

Faithful To The End

DoomBlade
ComNet Novice

DoomBlade

Post Number:  42
July 13, 2008 8:39:06 AM    View the profile of DoomBlade 
Ror and Malix schlep the carcass of the jungle cat back to the resort. Even field dressed the animal is heavy, and the pair were forced to stop a few times in order to catch their breath. Once the arrived back to the compound they marched into a large freezer.

Malix broke out his credstick and made arrangements for the following days barbeque. He also made arrangements for a tanner to make a rug out of the animals hide and to have the finished product shipped back to base upon completion.

Finally he makes a trip to the security station, and drops the guard a total of one thousand credits. If your keeping track, Malix has likely spent somewhere in the nieghborhood of 4000 credits in in the past hour. Ror of course brings it up as they sip beers in the canteen.

Ror: "You dropped alot of money today..."

Malix nods and sips his beer.

Malix: "The biggest expense was paying the kitchen staff to cook it for us."

Ror: "Why was it so important to feast on this cat?"

Malix chuckles and motions towards the window.

Malix: "When you hunt something and kill it, you have to eat it. If not then your killing it for fun, and that's a waste." He says distantly. "Aside from that I figure I could use the points. You try and fit into a new niche and it's hard. Everyone holds you at arms length till they know you can earn your keep."

Ror: "Things will work out."

Malix: "Your right."
LeGiT
ComNet Cadet

LeGiT

Post Number:  207
Total Posts:  326
July 13, 2008 12:36:24 AM    View the profile of LeGiT 
"Shaddup," Brock chuckled. "I'll let you buy." Ken laughed, and the two brothers-in-arms entered the restaurant.

Brock was already feeling the initial bonding of the two, and was rather glad he had someone of experience and someone he trusted in his squad. Brock was always the type of guy that will make you laugh for hours. He had that hysterical mocking and random moments that will make anyone faint their lips in an amused curve. At times he will come up with funny jokes just to ease the tension. But at the most, Brock was a very subtle guy; not really getting into much trouble or looking for trouble. Although he liked adventures and all, but wasn’t the type of guy that would just go crazy just for the hell of it.

Brock and Ken walked in, noticing civilized people at sight. They took a look around to feel the atmosphere of the place, before a fine lady told them to take a seat at a nearby table. Brock was almost amused at her beauty and Ken couldn’t keep his eyes off here. Brock’s jaw opened like it was about to devourer somebody, trying to keep his eyes away from her, but almost inevitable.

“So what will you guys like today?” She said, covering up most of her body with her pad.

It wasn’t neither their fault they were looking at her like that, but rather it was her who had exposed most of her body. The restaurant seemed exotic Brock thought, as he glared the other waitresses wearing a rather ragged dress that barely covered them at all. Ken couldn’t just stop looking back at this one waitress who was reaching down to pick something up. Brock murmured a small laugh before clearing his throat.

“Yeh I will like…” Brock paused, taking off the amour and placing it to a side off the table. He stood up and swayed his shirt to allow a breeze to cool the sweat in his chest. The waitress noticed that Brock was trying to seduce her but that didn’t work. She quickly looked in his eyes and asked for the order again before having to do numerous hand gestures and locking her feet in a waiting position.

“I’ll just have Correlian Whiskey” Brock uttered before taking a seat and patting Ken on the back. Ken, who was still distracted, turned around in a heartbeat.

“Oh yeh.. I will like the same, just for now”

The waitress turned around and headed to the bar. As he turned, her skirt flapped around in such a way that it was visible to see her even more naked than she was. The expressions in both their faces were priceless; Brock had the usual opened-jaw, and Ken had his usual stare. Their appetite wasn’t even the reason they were there for; they unseemly lost it in all the commotion they went through. So a glass of Correlian Whiskey and the amusing scenery was more than they could want at the time. It was just them in the bar with exotic waitresses and the finest whiskey in the galaxy. They couldn’t possibly ask for more, and fun was just waiting for them just around the corner.
~W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
IronHorseSquad

Stormtrooper Corps
Private First Class LeGiT
FTC/PFC LeGiT/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  503
Total Posts:  794
July 13, 2008 1:58:57 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
OOC:
This is getting Paladin out of the story for the next mission, which will come up after the competition

The Zabrak was functioning quite well for the massive hangover that he had. He learned a long time ago to fight through things. Hangovers were one of those things.

Sam had been the only one out of the entire group that did not go out and do some interesting activity. Ewoks had never been one of the species that he cared for much, especially after his past visit to this forest moon. He remained in, what he referred to as, the civil locals. Some of the Paladin troopers had gone big cat hunting, others lounged about the villages.

The days passed one by one. Nothing of real interest had occurred, at least nothing that peaked Sam’s interest anyhow. He was rather ready to get the hell off of this rock. “Hate those little bear things,” Sam thought to himself as he relaxed in the cantina.

His wondering thoughts were broken by the sound of an incoming transmission on his data pad. It was from Tadath, which made him rather excited. It may be his way off and away from the Ewoks. He walked to the back of the cantina then accepted the transmission.

“Gunnery Sergeant?”

“Yes ma’am?”

“This is Platoon Commander Aeos.”

“Yes, I know ma’am.”

“Looks like we are going to have to recall Paladin back to base. Sorry to cut the vacation a bit short, but there is an important mission that we are going to need you guys for.”

“Do you have the details?”

“Not anything that would give you guys an idea of what you are in for. By the time you guys get back here, I’m sure that we will have more for you.”

“Why didn’t you contact Lucky, ma’am?”

“Tried and could not get through.”

“Ah, she must be exploring one the local caves. When do you need us to depart?”

“With most haste sergeant. No later than four hours.”

“Four hours?! You can’t be serious.”

“Dead serious. Make it happen. We shall see you all when you return.”

The transmission ended. Sam was ecstatic to being leaving, but he had to get in contact with the Paladin troopers. Sam tossed his data pad into his pocket; tossed credits at the bar keep as he rushed out the door. He ran into the hotel and to his room.

“Paladin Squad report!” He spoke into the com-link. A few seconds later the voices of the squad were ringing on his end.

“Lucky here, what’s up?”

“Yeah?” rang a wookie.

“Cursed here.”

“Goshin here.”

“Ror reporting in.”

“Malix.”

“Need you guys to get back here and pack up immediately. Just received word from Aeos that they need us for another mission. We have to depart within the next for hours.”

The troopers acknowledged and all headed back to the hotel. They were all in a rush packing up their gear and ensuring rooms were clean.

“Sam? Was she serious about us leaving in four hours?”

“Yes Lucky. I was dumbfounded when she told me.”

“That is an insanely short amount of time. This mission must be a really important one.”

“Yeah, I think it just might be.”

Within the hour the entire squad was packed. Their rooms were cleaned. Sam had made it a point to ask this of the squad. He felt there was no need in leaving a bunch of trashed rooms for the hotel to clean up.

“After all, we are representing the Vast Empire here,” he told the troopers. They nodded in agreement.

The squad took their gear and headed for the spaceport. Lucky and Sam stayed back to return the room keys and check the squad out of the hotel.

It was fifteen minutes later that Paladin Squad was on a shuttle headed back to Tadath with only the information that they were needed for an important mission. Nothing more, nothing less. The Zabrak’s mind was racing about the possibilities as to what this mission could be. He was not the only one pondering the up coming challenge.
CombatEngineer
ASL/GSG Sandwich Sam/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS][EW1][CoR]
Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammer, that asshole will just put you into a false since of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
DoomBlade
ComNet Novice

DoomBlade

Post Number:  43
July 14, 2008 7:09:25 PM    View the profile of DoomBlade 
Malix and Ror were the first two packed and prepared for the trip back. Lucky orders the troop to the landing platform and the group begins making their way towards the shuttle while Lucky and Sam move into the resort office to turn over the keys.

Ror: "You think this is a joke?"

Malix chuckles.

Malix: "We're Imperials. We don't have a sense of humor that we know of..."

Ror: "It seems a little weird that they cut this vacation so soon."

The former Compforce trooper agrees and nods his head as he plays over several scenarios in his mind.

Malix: "Could be anything Ror," he says with minor conviction. "but it's likely a big deal."

They walk on in silence until they get to the landing platform. Malix plops his bags onto the ground and pops a cigar in his mouth. He lights and puffs on the stoogie, obviously wanting to get one last smoke in before they embark on whatever mission. He looks at the other members of the group as they load their gear onto the shuttle. He watches each member unobtrusively and tries to gauge their pre battle rituals.

Ror: "Store your ruck Malix."

He takes one last puff of his cigar and walks onto the shuttle. He wordlessly finds a seat, and stores his gear in the overhead compartment. Ror takes a seat next to him and watches curiously as Malix secures the compart, sits down, straps in, then closes his eyes and begins fading into dreamland.

Ror: "Your going to sleep?"

Malix: "If you'll let me..."

Ror: "How can you rest at a time like this?"

Malix sighs and opens his eyes to look at his new friend.

Malix: "What happens if we land in a hot LZ and have to spend DAYS fighting our way to an objective?" He says calmly. "Stamina wins the race, and a good tropper prepares for a fight to last a while."
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

Post Number:  1327
July 14, 2008 7:12:27 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
OOC:
The story is over guys,unless you want to write an ending post. ONE post per person only, DoomBlade has already made his. Let's focus on the competition, alright?
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
DoomBlade
ComNet Novice

DoomBlade

Post Number:  44
July 15, 2008 6:11:45 AM    View the profile of DoomBlade 
OOC:
!0-4. Does this mean we are to go straight to the competition board and start posting Lucky?
Luckystar
ComNet Veteran

Luckystar

Post Number:  1329
July 15, 2008 9:26:51 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
OOC:
Yes!This story is now finished.

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Vacation on Endor or is it...?(Paladin&Iron Horse)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:24:01 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 60  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >